• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

'ye are fallen from grace'

• Administrators
On 2/21/2016 at 2:53 PM, Old-Pilgrim said:

Hello 'Happy Christian' ''ye are fallen from grace'' is a scripture, of course most here, including myself don't think it is in reference to losing salvation, since that would be un-scriptural. There are only a few things which it could possibly mean, and I won't try and list every possible interpretation, but I think the correct understanding of the passage can be more easily understood in the AV than in many of the translations, and that is, that a Christian can't lose his salvation, but they can fail to STAND. And this can be understood as a Christian who is saved (by grace) but then reverts back to some sort of works in order to 'keep in Gods good books', They don't just hypothetically fall from grace, but in that Christ becomes of ‘no effect’ unto them, they actually fall from all current grace in their lives (so you have a miserable sinning Christian, or a self righteous religious person) but they are still eternally secure, and that by grace as it always was.

I would agree with you. Pentecostals, however, believe that falling from grace means losing one's salvation.

On 2/14/2016 at 4:54 AM, John81 said:

I don't doubt that some Pentecostals are Arminian, I was just wondering if certain ones are and others not. Are there different groups or "denominations" which lean more one way than the other?

My knowledge of this aspect of Pentecostals is mostly by experience, coming from the Pentecostals I've known well enough to have conversations with. I've not read much or heard many sermons from Pentecostals.

I have a friend who is pentacostal who claims to believe in eternal security. But she also believes that if one sins badly enough, one loses salvation. How that is eternal security is beyond me, but my point is that many claim to accept eternal security but don't really when questioned deeply.