• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture and Anti-Christ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was born again in 1981 and I came to Christ after seeing the movie "Thief in the Night" at an Assembly of God church my girlfriend at the time talked me into attending. As most know, that film is based upon the pre-trib rapture view. That church held to that view and every Sunday night service was focused upon end-times matters. So most of my early born again learning on the matter was from books and sermons from the 1970s and early 80s. Everything I heard at the time indicated the Anti-Christ would not be known until after the Rapture. Over the past couple of years I'm hearing more and more that Christians will be here when the Anti-Christ takes the world stage and we will know who he is; the Rapture taking place sometime after that.

Why the shift from the predominate view being Christians wouldn't know who the Anti-Christ was because we would be raptured prior to his revealing, to the current view which says the Anti-Christ will be revealed before the Rapture so Christians will know who he is?

Hello John, this isn't a direct response to you question, but it is related to the topic, I was listening to a sermon about the mark of the beast by Ralph Yankee Arnold, I like him because of his teachings on the Gospel, but on his eschatology I think he used a bad method of interpreting. He had worked out a scheme based on the numbers found in the book of Daniel and Revelation which are both Apocalyptic in nature, they give a sort of birds eye view and are not what I would call foundational scriptures to build upon, he then went to 2Thesosalonians which is much more straight forward than Revelation and Daniel, and sort of lifted it up and plonked it into his system of things which was based on less clear scripture. I think 2Thesilonians is a better starting point on Eschatology than Revelation and Daniel, because it is straight forward and has a solid anchor in time.