• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Gehazi was healed and restored?

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 1/21/2016 at 2:18 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

By the way, yes, God can reverse every downturn in your life...but that doesn't mean he will. 

RIght away I wondered for a Bible example,  and remembered 3 who God did not help - 

Esau,   Ananias and Saphira,  and Judas Iscariot.

Then also there were hundreds, or thousands, or tens of thousands who died of a plague sent by God , who God did not heal.   And thousands or many hundreds of thousands who died in the wilderness instead of being permitted to enter the Promised Land.   And then there are potentially Billions who , on Judgment Day,  find out that contrary to what they believed right up to the day they passed away on earth ,  contrary to what all their 'buddies' and 'pastors' told them,   they did not make it.  Jesus tells them , it is too late to change,  and Jesus 'never knew them'.  

So,  there's a lot of down-goers as well as down-turns that never ever get reversed,  eh? 

p.s.  the posts in this thread,  "serendipity" of sorts (unexpected blessing) ,  about "forever" not being without end are good to note for now, and keep in mind for later, God Willing.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest JohnnyDS

I have listened to Tony Evans for several years and greatly gained from his very straight-forward presentation of the Gospel. He has also been very hard at work with the Urban Alternative. But I do very much disagree with his interpretation of this passage. 

Medically, it is a rather common understanding that the modern definition of leprosy (Hansen's Disease) is not the same as the skin disease that was being defined in the Old Testament. 

God uses words carefully and we are told the Gehazi's skin disease was one that had the appearance to be as white as snow. This would indicate that it was not a communicable disease, and therefore he would not be socially separated from the community.  Further, there is absolutely no scriptural basis (at least that I can find) for a future healing. 

Dr. Evans, God does indeed want to draw us away from our sin, but He does not usually remove the outcomes of our sin. I murderer can be forgiven, but he still may face execution.  I can be forgiven of having sexual relations that are risky, but I will still carry the results (whatever they may be) for the remainder of my life.

There is a great danger in changing the Bible to suit my needs or desires.  It interferes with the flow and truth of many other things that God has ordained to be presented.  That is not a charge I want leveled against me.