• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Kingdom

• Members

It's one of those you have to "wrest" , "take away" and "add to" to get it to say what you want.

Now there was a day when the angels came to present themselves in Heaven before the throne of the LORD, and Satan came to Heaven also among them.  Job 1:6

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

Or perhaps this from the Old Testament (Hebrew) "comparing scripture with scripture":

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?  Job 38:4-7 
Edited by beameup

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, beameup said:

Or perhaps this from the Old Testament (Hebrew) "comparing scripture with scripture":

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Some think these verses are one whole question referring to the creation of the earth and logic is used to say Man did not exist yet so this "must be" angels. But the passage does not say this. Notice the passage is actually five separate questions. They were not present at creation but they were present when the "Corner stone" was laid. In the Bible every time we see "Corner stone" in scripture we see it is only ever referring to Christ. Christ became this Cornerstone at his resurrection and this is when "the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy."

The New Testament is very clear the "Son's of God" refer only to the Saved Human Race. What is true of the "Son" is true of the "Sons" as we are co-heirs with Christ. The Angels are not co-heirs with Christ but rather ministers to the Sons.

John 1:12-14 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

• Members
18 hours ago, heartstrings said:

All I'm going to say, at this point, is that the Word of God clearly defines what
"sons of God" are; and they are not angels,

Call them "whatever", In the O.T. (ie: Hebrew), they are direct creations of God (ie: they are not procreated like a human being is).

• Members

Back to the OP:

And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness. They [men] shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness. The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee. They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;  To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.  Psalm 145:6-13

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  2 Tim 2:15

Edited by beameup

• Members
2 hours ago, beameup said:

Call them "whatever", In the O.T. (ie: Hebrew), they are direct creations of God (ie: they are not procreated like a human being is).

A direct creation of God does not mean they are "sons of God". Many things were directly created by God but are not "His sons". In fact the bible never ever stated "Direct creations are the sons of God". That is just a made up statement.  RATHER, the bible clearly teaches to be a son of God you must have His Holy Spirit.

Psalm 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 1:11-13 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,even to them that believe on his name: 13 which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 10:34-38 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law [Psalm 82], I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

John 17:20-2320 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Romans 8:14-17 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 4:6-7 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Edited by John Young

• Members

Refer to Luke's genealogy (Lk 3).  The last verse: Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.  Adam was directly created by God (had no parents); the ANGELS were directly created by God, hence the title "sons of God".  We are "a new creation" in Christ. 

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15

Details.jpg

Edited by beameup

• Members
43 minutes ago, beameup said:

Refer to Luke's genealogy (Lk 3).  The last verse: Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.  Adam was directly created by God (had no parents); the ANGELS were directly created by God, hence the title "sons of God".  We are "a new creation" in Christ. 

"Direct Creation" is a false equivalence. Being a "direct creation" did not make Adam God's son but rather God giving of His Spirit to man made him a son. Adam the first man was made to have the image and likeness of God. No other "direct creation" received such an honor this was unique to humanity alone. Angels are servant spirits and are not sons of God. [Hebrews 1:5,14]

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 

Colossians 1:15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

• Members

Hebrews 1:6 (KJV) 6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Hebrews 1:7 (KJV) 7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Hebrews 1:8 (KJV) 8 But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Pretty clear to me,... The angels were made spirits, not sons.  Only one son is seen in Heaven, and that Son is the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Members
7 hours ago, beameup said:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15

Details.jpg

Brother man, the first chicken was a direct creation of God too.....or was it the egg? :blink:

• Members

“For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?”   Hebrews 1:5

A "son" is a being which is "begotten" by a "father", and possesses the power to "beget". Physical sons are begotten by natural means while Spiritual sons are begotten by the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit, through faith by receiving Christ.  Angels can do neither.

• Members

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of GodLuke 3:38

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.  Genesis 6:2

Hebrew: bənê hāʼĕlōhîm, בני האלהים

• Members

Back to the OP:

I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard. My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.  Psalm 22:28

Details.jpg