• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Did Paul Say to Follow Him?

• Members
17 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter had read the letter that Paul sent them. Peter is agreeing with Paul the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation. Peter agrees with Paul its Jesus' death that saves us from sin. Longsuffering of our Lord was the cross. Destruction comes when people reject the Lamb of God and spend eternity in Hell.

4 hours ago, beameup said:

Yes, I'm sure that Paul had occasion to address his kinsmen, as the promised Kingdom (on earth) was "at stake".  It is understandable that 2 Peter 3:15-16 would be mentioning this.  However, the revelations given to Paul by the risen Christ, from heaven, seem to far surpass any "revelations" given to the other Apostles ("hard to be understood").

And unto the Jews I [Paul] became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things;

Why did Paul write "as a Jew"? He was a Jew so what did he do that Jews do? He lived as under the law. Why did he say "as under"? Jesus set the captives free. Paul lived under the Law of Liberty. No longer under bondage to the Law of Moses. Paul was free, Peter was free, all Jews are free when they take on Jesus' yoke. Jesus sets everyone free who come to Him to have their sins forgiven. Its great to be saved by Jesus.

• Members
On 23/02/2016 at 4:04 AM, MountainChristian said:

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things;

Why did Paul write "as a Jew"? He was a Jew so what did he do that Jews do? He lived as under the law. Why did he say "as under"? Jesus set the captives free. Paul lived under the Law of Liberty. No longer under bondage to the Law of Moses. Paul was free, Peter was free, all Jews are free when they take on Jesus' yoke. Jesus sets everyone free who come to Him to have their sins forgiven. Its great to be saved by Jesus.

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 1 Cor 9:20

To a strictly "Jewish" audience, Paul would of course pursuaded them that the "Kingdom" (on earth) was still available to them as a Nation, and opened up the Old Testament to them.

• Members
4 hours ago, beameup said:

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 1 Cor 9:20

To a strictly "Jewish" audience, Paul would of course pursuaded them that the "Kingdom" (on earth) was still available to them as a Nation, and opened up the Old Testament to them.

Nonsense.

Paul taught the same gospel to the Jews and the gentiles.

Romans 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

• Members
13 hours ago, beameup said:

If Paul taught the only salvation is the "Kingdom" then they died in their sins and went to Hell. Paul taught Yeshua Messiah the lamb of God so they could be saved. Paul teaches Jesus Christ the savior of mankind. Peter did too, so much so he said "for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." That must of been outrageous to any Jew who believed in Yahweh. Think about it, Peter didn't say Yahweh's name but Yeshua!!! Praise be to Jesus for coming and saving us from our sins. Doesn't that make you want to shout for joy? Praise be to the Lamb of God for coming and saving us. Man oh man, I look forward to bowing at his feet in person. Seeing what he looks like. Jesus love is so great he is going to let me see him in his glorified body.

Why wait for the Kingdom on earth when anyone can have the Kingdom of Heaven, today!!! Don't worship the kingdom worship the King.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 2/22/2016 at 9:52 AM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Really???  And what future "catching up" is revealed in the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God other than that in 1 Thessalonians 1:13-18?

Mid-trib rapture to Heaven :  Revelation 11:11-12

Post-trib rapture to Israel :  Matthew 24:29-31

• Members
On 2/29/2016 at 7:36 AM, John81 said:

Paul preached the same, one and only, Gospel to all. The above simply points out that when Paul preached to Jews he was mindful of their customs so he wouldn't eat bacon in their company or such that would offend them.

It would offend God too. Paul was Torah observant.  He never ate anything that was unclean.