• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My laptop

Invicta

• Members
3 hours ago, John81 said:

Very interesting; but I've no idea how to remedy that.

My wife received a new tablet but it simply stopped working. No idea how to remedy that either.

If it is new it should be under guarantee, in which case the store should repair or replace it.  If not, the manufacturer should.

• Members

I bought a Galaxy Note tablet from Tesco, our biggest supermarket chain.  It was on offer at £50 off.  I chose a black one and it came up as he full price.  When I queried it the salesman consulted the POS display and said the offer only applied to the white one, so I chose the white one.  When there was something that it wouldn't do, I took it back and saw a woman this time and she tried it and then said she would replace it and asked what colour I would like and I said "Black" and she replaced it with the black one.  

Earlier, about four years ago in the same store I bought a Packard Bell laptop.  When I got it home the setup operating system would not complete installing so I took it back and they replaced it..  About a month later my daughter tried to SKYPE me and I found the camera wouldn't work. I took it back to the store and he said he had already replaced it once so I would have to call their helpline.  The helpline emailed me a link to select which let them into the laptop. I could see them going through the settings and the drivers etc. but they couldn't get it to work so gave me a returns number and told me to take it back to the store.  They also said I might like to choose a different brand.  I chose a Toshiba, this current one and as it was less money got a £92 refund.

Edited by Invicta