• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The good old days, really were “good”

• Members

When you look back to the days of Ozzie and Harriet and Leave it to Beaver: These television shows worked, because they accurately reflected the real lives that most American families were living during these years(1940-1960).  The vast majority of  people, were generally decent people who had been taught the value of a good character.

For those of you who don’t even know who Ozzie and Harriet were, this makes it even easier for some scoffer, to convince you, that things have “always been this way”.....
2 Peter 3:3-4
V.3 ¶ Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
V.4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation.”
------------------
There was a time 50 years ago, when you NEVER heard homosexuality or any kind of sexual sin even mentioned on television.  But this wasn’t only, true in the secular realm. Back in the 1940s & 1950s, most Christian Churches used the KJB; But the pressure was even then, being put on pastors and Churches, to stop doing things, in the “old ways”!  Today, the PRESSURE for every Christian to compromise their Biblical principles, is greater than it has ever been; And every day that Jesus doesn’t come back, this pressure is increasing.  The decisions(both political and religious), that otherwise sane and well adjusted people are making today, are being seen as crazy, by anyone who hasn’t got their head in the sand.
--------------------------------------------------
It is obvious, that we are living in the “last” of the last days and that this “sin sick” and “self destructive” and “self consuming” world, that we are living in, is just about to collapse down upon itself.......   2 Timothy 3:13
“But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.”

Praise the Lord, Jesus is just about to come back and take us out of this mess!  But until He does, we need to remind ourselves every day, of the fact that this world is becoming more and more deceived and that we need to keep our feet, solidly grounded upon the Word of God!                                    

• Members

While the shows back then were more wholesome than what came latter, they simply ignored or hid the sins of that time for sin was rampant then too. The old TV programs also tended to send the message that man was enough, man could control his own destiny, that choosing some good morals to follow was enough. While some programs gave some reference to Christianity, that reference was most often of a cultural or secular sort. The fact of sin (rather than the shifting concept of "bad") was typically left out as was the need for a Saviour and Christ as the answer.

During the 40s and 50s sexual promiscuity was ever growing (it didn't begin in the 60s). Premarital sex and adultery were growing problems which were well known within local communities but not broadcast all about as today.

The so-called "Greatest Generation" mostly failed to tend to their families, failed to rightly raise their children, failed to abide in Christ, failed to get their children saved. They made the children which went on to rebellion in the 60s and 70s, sometimes joining with them and often supporting them, as they flung open the closet door to make certain sins more public, open and acceptable. So-called women's liberation, the growth of the pro-homosexual movement, the destruction of public education, the overturning of politics, the weakening of law enforcement and the criminal justice system, advancement of acceptance of divorce, no-fault divorce, legalized abortion, riots and destruction of property as "free speech" to bring about rebellious change, the destruction of sane immigration policies, the demeaning and feminization of men, and so much more. All of this came out of the failures and growing sinfullness of the 40s and 50s. It took awhile before TV finally stepped into it, but once they got the green light they gave their full support.

We can't judge the timing of the end or Jesus return based only upon local matters or the state of America. We make up a tiny percentage of the world both in terms of population and land mass. Since the fall sin has abounded, even when it was abounding more quietly. Anyone ever read of the corruption, lawlessness and sexual sins of the 20s and 30s? How about the sexual sins during the American "civil war", especially throughout much of the Union army? What about the prominent role alcohol has played in America since colonial times? How often saloons and houses of ill repute were among the first buildings in new towns spreading west, with schools and churches not established until latter, often much latter?

Sin in America isn't new to our times, it's just more out in the open on a massive scale now through continuous media of TV, movies, magazines, internet and virtually everyone in America being plugged in to these.

No doubt we are closer to the return of Christ than we were in 1940, or the day we were born again, or yesterday. Even so, for over 200 years now America has been, like all other nations, filled with sin and sinners. Yet while Christianity is being pushed out of America, other nations are embracing Christianity. While many Americans are rejecting Christ, in some other nations the Gospel is spreading and many are coming to Christ.

Even so, if we walk in the calling God has on our lives, obeying Jesus, we will be running the race set before us, God's will shall be done, and in the Father's perfect timing the end time will come, Christ will return and all things will be set right.

• Members

Brother "Donald":

I agree that things have changed for the worse, and in a big way!
I wasn't born until the 60's, so I didn't get to witness (first hand) how things were in the 40's-50's. But I do know that throughout my life, I (personally) have seen a massive change in moral values. We expect to see these things of secular/worldly people, but I am referring to the decline in moral values of the professing "Christian".
So many churches which once held firm to the Bible as the inerrant word of God, and REVERED the word of God, have become unrecognizable over the years.
I agree that compromise (with worldly viewpoints) is the biggest culprit, and that the pressure put on true believer's today (to compromise their Bible principles) truly IS greater than it has ever been.

One of my "you've got to be kidding" moments came when a man named Barack Hussein Obama was elected president of the United States.
(He claimed to be a "christian" and yet he has attacked Christian values at every juncture... and who REALLY believes he ever WAS a Christian to start with?... the qur'an tells them it's okay to lie if it furthers their cause... but I digress on that point, or I will be non-stop for an hour about his islamic ties).

Many people DO have their head(s) in the sand... and truly can't see (or at least CLAIM they can't see) the radical changes going on in this country, as well as in the world!
To be honest, each day I read a news article (and see obvious bias from ALL main-stream media), I cringe and think how horrible things have become!
Some days, there is so much going on in this evil world (and many things here in the US) that it almost seems like a very bad nightmare. I want to scream at those who claim they can't see what's going on right in front of their faces: "WAKE UP!" And I stop and pray.

We now have a president who tells us that WE need to CHANGE our beliefs (in the bible) to accomodate other (false) religions.
We've got men claiming to be women, bio-engineering, we are losing more (US) freedoms by the day... Congress just blindly passed a 2000+ page bill they never even skimmed, let alone READ... with republicans holding the majority, and yet, the supposed "conservatives" ar bowing to his every whim.
The new bill will cost taxpayers over a TRILLION dollars, and yet they could not find any money in this rediculous package to give seniors a cost of living increase in social security benefits??? When they paid into soc. sec. all their working lives??? They cut veteran benefits and military spending, spitting in the face of the brave vets who risked their very lives to keep this country free! 
So WHERE is the money going to go??? "planned parenthood" (on oxymoron, if ever there was), and "refugee" relocation (terrorist infiltration).
Our freedom of speech has become anti-christian as well. Fining businesses for not catering to the LGBT community (what ever happened to a business reserving the right to serve/not serve whomever they chose?) Demanding that everyone use "politically correct" terminology (blatant lies) when defining islam, refusing to even ADMIT the islamic terrorist ties.
Banning God and God's word from ALL public places...taking down the 10 commandments,  yet somehow it's okay for devil worshipers to erect statues?
Parents can no longer discipline their children (by spanking) in the state where I live, now they even have a law against making a child sit in a chair for a "time-out".
Mandating that children (in public schools) learn the false evolution and "big bang" theories, never even mentioning this world was created by God!
Abortion has killed over 50 million babies (according to cns news .com) since Roe v/s Wade in the 70's.
Does ANY SANE person think it's a "good idea" to allow Iran to have nuclear capability, when they have VOWED to "wipe Israel off the map" and also chant "death to America"... should we have any DOUBT that islam wants to kill ALL people who do not "submit" to their false God???
9/11 wake-up call on terrorism, France attacks, Germany over-run by supposed "refugees", the recent attack in California...
Self-absorbtion is at an all time high... it is now self-worship in many cases. Yes, teens have always been rebellious, but now we see teens and young adults being totally devoid of compassion towards others, and having an attitude of entitlement instead of any work ethics, let alone ANY fear of God. 

I could spend another HOUR or MORE giving examples of things that have happened JUST IN MY LIFETIME, and even more so on recent events...
And yet, some people still cling to: "things have always been bad".

To that I say... SIN has existed and mankind has fallen into sin since the days of Adam and Eve. But THESE are the days which fulfill (to a tee, and not only in part) 2 Tim. 3:1-4, and 13
How quickly (especially here in the US) things are headed for self-destruction because of godless, selfish, morally corrupt, evil, greedy politicians and liberal (even in what used to be considered "conservative" venues) politicians, AND now the majority of Americans are the same way!

Not long ago, I also brought forth this set of verses for discussion:
2 Timothy 3: 1-2
1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come."
2 "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,"
3 "Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,"
4 "Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God"

and (like you also brought forth) 2 Timothy 3:13
13 "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."

I received a few responses... some of which were what you received as well, the "things have always been bad" line of reasoning.
And it shocks me, since it is so apparent (to me) that these really ARE the last days we were given notice about in 2 Tim. 3, that many people can't "see it".

And I want to echo your thoughts:

On 12/21/2015 at 4:32 AM, Donald said:

Praise the Lord, Jesus is just about to come back and take us out of this mess!  But until He does, we need to remind ourselves every day, of the fact that this world is becoming more and more deceived and that we need to keep our feet, solidly grounded upon the Word of God!  

And might I add...I am soooo ready to be away from this sick, evil world. I can hardly wait to meet my Lord and to see Him as He is:
John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

And I am sooooo looking forward to this:
1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"
    52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
    53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

I can't imagine the joy (although I like to try imagining) of shedding this fleshy body with sin-nature, and receiving an incorruptible body which will be like the Lord's! No more sickness, no more pain, no more health problems, and especially no more sin! THAT is something to really look forward to!

And how great a comfort this is, that we will be with Jesus SOON, and to be in His presence... the presence of The One who loves us more than we can comprehend, to behold Him, knowing He is perfect, righteous, pure, all things good, wonderful, sinless, blessed, faitful, and true!
THAT is something I really look forward to! Not only that but to never be separated from Him! What wonderful promises we have to look forward to, and SOON!!!!! 

1 Thes. 4:17 "17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
    18 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

Maranatha! Your sister in Christ, 
Ronda

• Members
6 hours ago, Ronda said:

Brother "Donald":

I agree that things have changed for the worse, and in a big way!
I wasn't born until the 60's, so I didn't get to witness (first hand) how things were in the 40's-50's. But I do know that throughout my life, I (personally) have seen a massive change in moral values. We expect to see these things of secular/worldly people, but I am referring to the decline in moral values of the professing "Christian".
So many churches which once held firm to the Bible as the inerrant word of God, and REVERED the word of God, have become unrecognizable over the years.
I agree that compromise (with worldly viewpoints) is the biggest culprit, and that the pressure put on true believer's today (to compromise their Bible principles) truly IS greater than it has ever been.

One of my "you've got to be kidding" moments came when a man named Barack Hussein Obama was elected president of the United States.
(He claimed to be a "christian" and yet he has attacked Christian values at every juncture... and who REALLY believes he ever WAS a Christian to start with?... the qur'an tells them it's okay to lie if it furthers their cause... but I digress on that point, or I will be non-stop for an hour about his islamic ties).

Many people DO have their head(s) in the sand... and truly can't see (or at least CLAIM they can't see) the radical changes going on in this country, as well as in the world!
To be honest, each day I read a news article (and see obvious bias from ALL main-stream media), I cringe and think how horrible things have become!
Some days, there is so much going on in this evil world (and many things here in the US) that it almost seems like a very bad nightmare. I want to scream at those who claim they can't see what's going on right in front of their faces: "WAKE UP!" And I stop and pray.

We now have a president who tells us that WE need to CHANGE our beliefs (in the bible) to accomodate other (false) religions.
We've got men claiming to be women, bio-engineering, we are losing more (US) freedoms by the day... Congress just blindly passed a 2000+ page bill they never even skimmed, let alone READ... with republicans holding the majority, and yet, the supposed "conservatives" ar bowing to his every whim.
The new bill will cost taxpayers over a TRILLION dollars, and yet they could not find any money in this rediculous package to give seniors a cost of living increase in social security benefits??? When they paid into soc. sec. all their working lives??? They cut veteran benefits and military spending, spitting in the face of the brave vets who risked their very lives to keep this country free! 
So WHERE is the money going to go??? "planned parenthood" (on oxymoron, if ever there was), and "refugee" relocation (terrorist infiltration).
Our freedom of speech has become anti-christian as well. Fining businesses for not catering to the LGBT community (what ever happened to a business reserving the right to serve/not serve whomever they chose?) Demanding that everyone use "politically correct" terminology (blatant lies) when defining islam, refusing to even ADMIT the islamic terrorist ties.
Banning God and God's word from ALL public places...taking down the 10 commandments,  yet somehow it's okay for devil worshipers to erect statues?
Parents can no longer discipline their children (by spanking) in the state where I live, now they even have a law against making a child sit in a chair for a "time-out".
Mandating that children (in public schools) learn the false evolution and "big bang" theories, never even mentioning this world was created by God!
Abortion has killed over 50 million babies (according to cns news .com) since Roe v/s Wade in the 70's.
Does ANY SANE person think it's a "good idea" to allow Iran to have nuclear capability, when they have VOWED to "wipe Israel off the map" and also chant "death to America"... should we have any DOUBT that islam wants to kill ALL people who do not "submit" to their false God???
9/11 wake-up call on terrorism, France attacks, Germany over-run by supposed "refugees", the recent attack in California...
Self-absorbtion is at an all time high... it is now self-worship in many cases. Yes, teens have always been rebellious, but now we see teens and young adults being totally devoid of compassion towards others, and having an attitude of entitlement instead of any work ethics, let alone ANY fear of God. 

I could spend another HOUR or MORE giving examples of things that have happened JUST IN MY LIFETIME, and even more so on recent events...
And yet, some people still cling to: "things have always been bad".

To that I say... SIN has existed and mankind has fallen into sin since the days of Adam and Eve. But THESE are the days which fulfill (to a tee, and not only in part) 2 Tim. 3:1-4, and 13
How quickly (especially here in the US) things are headed for self-destruction because of godless, selfish, morally corrupt, evil, greedy politicians and liberal (even in what used to be considered "conservative" venues) politicians, AND now the majority of Americans are the same way!

Not long ago, I also brought forth this set of verses for discussion:
2 Timothy 3: 1-2
1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come."
2 "For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,"
3 "Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,"
4 "Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God"

and (like you also brought forth) 2 Timothy 3:13
13 "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."

I received a few responses... some of which were what you received as well, the "things have always been bad" line of reasoning.
And it shocks me, since it is so apparent (to me) that these really ARE the last days we were given notice about in 2 Tim. 3, that many people can't "see it".

And I want to echo your thoughts:

And might I add...I am soooo ready to be away from this sick, evil world. I can hardly wait to meet my Lord and to see Him as He is:
John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

And I am sooooo looking forward to this:
1 Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"
    52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
    53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

I can't imagine the joy (although I like to try imagining) of shedding this fleshy body with sin-nature, and receiving an incorruptible body which will be like the Lord's! No more sickness, no more pain, no more health problems, and especially no more sin! THAT is something to really look forward to!

And how great a comfort this is, that we will be with Jesus SOON, and to be in His presence... the presence of The One who loves us more than we can comprehend, to behold Him, knowing He is perfect, righteous, pure, all things good, wonderful, sinless, blessed, faitful, and true!
THAT is something I really look forward to! Not only that but to never be separated from Him! What wonderful promises we have to look forward to, and SOON!!!!! 

1 Thes. 4:17 "17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
    18 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

Maranatha! Your sister in Christ, 
Ronda

Amen...

Oh and one of my "you've got to be kidding" moments ......
For over 100 years, the Boy scouts of America, had a rule on the books, that stated...
“No scout master can be a homosexual!”
Now this is a no-brainer, because who would want to send a bunch of little boys, into the woods with a sexual pervert?!?!  
(Well, this spiritually dark, Christ rejecting world does!)  And for 20 years, society put more and pressure on them, until now... a scout master, can be a pervert!
And there have already been complaints from parents!?!?
Sin has so blinded this world, that now it is CRAZY!

• Members

We have examples of what's happening in America today right in the Bible. When Israel or Judah would turn from God they went from sin to sin until reaching the point when sins once kept in the closet became openly acceptable. Then we see God turn them over to the consequences of their own sinfulness.

There are also examples of this in history as we trace the spread of Christianity, the areas where Christianity flourished and then decayed due to sin which crept in, slowly spread, then grew more acceptable and the consequences of such is seen in the demise and downfall they experienced; and some are experiencing today.

America has always been more culturally Christian than biblical Christian. Since cultural Christianity has been greatly cast aside or diminished it's natural that sinful cultural norms have taken its place. We can't really expect people who are not only lost but also not raised to even embrace cultural Christianity to hold to Christian teaching, beliefs, morals, principles and such.

Obama was accepted as being Christian simply based upon him saying he was and being able to point out he had attended a church that calls itself Christian. With not even a cultural Christian base anymore it's become acceptable for churches and individuals to determine their own idea of Christianity. Add to that the medias covering for and promotion of Obama and it's little wonder so many didn't/don't care about the unchristian teachings of Obama's pastor/church, Obama's unbiblical interpretation of Christianity, or his history, comments and actions which clearly point out Obama's affinity towards Islam or his outright embrace of Islam over Christianity.

Sadly, many actual Christians are more fearful of man than God and are unwilling to speak the truth, give clear warning, declare Islam a false religion, stand firmly on the fact Christ is the only Way to right standing with God, that "Allah" and God the Father are not the same, that there is absolutely no evidence (fruit) to support the idea that Obama is a Christian as defined by Scripture.

Without there being a widespread revival or another great awakening in America we will see America become ever more openly sinful and suffer the consequences of this. The only hope for America is Christ. Unfortunately, not only do non-Christians not accept that, but many actual Christians don't either (even if they may claim to). Instead most American's today are looking for Trump or Cruz, Hillary or Bernie to save America.

No doubt Franklin Graham has faults, but I'm glad to see he plans to visit every State capital this coming year, preaching the Gospel, calling Christians to live as such and vote in accord with the Word of God. We need much more of this type of action rather than political rallies pointing to a Party of individual as the answer to America's problems.

• Moderators

Speaking on the old TV shows we like to look back on as being decent and wholesome, it's still odd as to what was often missing.

For instance, even though its clearly not a good one, (and certainly not an endorsement for the show),the Simpsons family goes to church more than we ever saw the folks from Mayberry or the Beverly Hillbillies go-in fact, for those old-fashioned, good decent Christian folks, we never saw them in church, or virtually never. Leave it to Beaver, Ozzie and Harriet, the Brady family, how often were they in church? How often did they refer to any biblical truths, or open a Bible together? It seems like they had a form of godliness, but denied the power thereof. 

As for pressure being put on churches to cease from doing things the old ways, that's been going on a long time. Even Spurgeon spoke of the churches becoming places of amusement, entertaining goats rather than feeding sheep-and that's 160 years ago!  Of course in modern times, we have the New Evangelical movement to blame for much of what we see today. They are the ones who began to push the idea of 'imitation, not separation', of looking and sounding and acting like the world, in order to attract the world. The problem there, of course, if they forgot to consider their end-game: they introduce the lost to a worldly sort of Christianity, (which really is no Christianity), but then, they leave them there-they never can teach them to grow and mature from carnal to spiritual, because the leaders, themselves, have become carnal, lest they seem hypocritical.

• Members
3 hours ago, Donald said:

Amen...

Oh and one of my "you've got to be kidding" moments ......
For over 100 years, the Boy scouts of America, had a rule on the books, that stated...
“No scout master can be a homosexual!”
Now this is a no-brainer, because who would want to send a bunch of little boys, into the woods with a sexual pervert?!?!  
(Well, this spiritually dark, Christ rejecting world does!)  And for 20 years, society put more and pressure on them, until now... a scout master, can be a pervert!
And there have already been complaints from parents!?!?
Sin has so blinded this world, that now it is CRAZY!

I agree, Donald. Every day there's another "you've got to be kidding" moment.  There are so many evil things happening that it's hard to pick which ones to even bring up. In the last couple of years alone, it's been almost surreal... 

If I had to pick "just one" that I feel is far worse than any of the other events and trends (and it IS hard to pick just one out of so many) ... it would be that the word of God has been watered down by so many churches who once boldly proclaimed Bible truths. Many (not all) pastors don't want to offend anyone (choosing "political correctness" and worldly standards over Bible truth). This goes hand-in-hand with congregations who don't want to devote time to the Word of God, but rather fill countless hours in worldly pursuits. Many don't want to hear the truth... they want to hear about all the blessings, but they don't want to hear convicting sermons. They want a pat on the back instead of dealing with sin. They want watered-down "mini-sermonettes" which won't even admit that sin IS sin! (For example... not even calling homosexuality a sin, much less teaching what the bible has to say about it). But not only that particular sin... all sin isn't addressed. If a person doesn't recognize they are a sinner, they won't see the NEED for a savior. So the very gospel of salvation has been watered down... I wonder about many professing "Christians" who say they've accepted Christ, but can't really tell you what salvation means, and what they are saved from.  It is a rare occasion to hear a sermon on hell. (once again "political correctness"and worldly viewpoints taking precedence over Bible truth).  The focus has changed to self-worship instead of worshiping God. The "feel-good" message. Even the music has changed to be more about how the person feels instead of what great things God has done, and praising Him. So to wrap that all up... they want "modern" (doesn't deal with sin and has a worldly perspective), and want to throw out "old-fashioned" (deals with sin, focused on God). 

The entire world seems to be a lunatic asylum set loose, where we can clearly see what they're doing we consider to be crazy... they call US crazy! Romans 3 addresses this: "... let God be true, but every man a liar..."  because God changes not... His standards are the same, it's mankind's standards which have changed.  As for the majority of the world which now buys into the horrible perversion of truth... Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"      God is allowing them what they want... there comes a point when God just gives them over to a reprobate mind (not just in sexual perversions, but in all sinful things). All through the Bible we read about how civilization was destroyed over and over for these sins. Judgment is coming soon, God will not be mocked. And he's given us prophecy to know what the evil world will be going through soon. We know the time of God's wrath is coming soon, and we hold tight to the blessed hope!  We can't put any hope in whoever the next president may be (if there even IS an election), mankind is corrupt. 

Isaiah 2:22 "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" 

Psalm  118: 8-9 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes".

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.
7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is

Prov. 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"John81": It is difficult to watch it happening, but we were foretold these days would come. I (personally) think it's "too far gone" for revival to take place. A great revival would also require great numbers of bold pastors preaching the Word of God... we don't see that happening. And I don't see how it could happen (here) now that the laws have been corrupted in the favor of evil. I don't see a reversal of these types of trends happening, no matter WHO gets in office. Soon (I believe) evangelical Christians will be jailed for speaking the gospel, and the truth that Jesus is THE way, truth, and life, and the ONLY way... it will soon be considered "hate speech", and punishable by mankind's corrupt version of law (my opinion). The obvious bias against fundamental Christianity and pro-islamic rhetoric is not just seen here in the USA. Nations such as Germany, France, Austria, Sweden, the Netherlands, Canada, and many others now have pro-islamic and anti-Christian leadership. Greece has just embraced "palestine" and we see many others following that same line as well. There are (thankfully) pockets of the world where the gospel is being accepted and some are coming to Christ. But I don't see that as a world-wide revival at all! In many nations it is illegal to own a bible, much less even speak the gospel and in some nations it is punishable by death. No, I don't see things getting better at all.  So I don't base my thoughts on "the timing of the end or Jesus return based only upon local matters" nor is it only in America that we see the trend towards characteristics given in 2 Tim 3. 

I'm placing my trust in the Lord, and I will continue to follow Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"