• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

leave first love

• Members

So after a spiritual high last week the likes which I have never seen; it was followed by such a lou that I have told God I hate Him.  I have left my first love and if not for the worst nightmare ever I probably wouldn't even care or be writing this.

A childhood dream I have is all .but left in dust.  Barring a miracle from God nothing has or will happen.  And like I said if not for not a nightmare I wouldn't be here  I have fear of God but little or no love forH Him.

• Members

We all have choices to make while we are yet on this earth... choose the light of salvation that is in the Lord Jesus, or choose darkness which leads to eternal damnation.  

John 12:46 "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."

Acts 26:18 "To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

The Lord draws us to Him to bring us into the light of His salvation.  The world would pull us back into darkness if we succumb to it's pull.  There is only one reason we would willfully choose to go back to the darkness after having been shown the light of the gospel of salvation in Jesus.... that reason would be sin.  Too many expect to come to Jesus only in the thought that He can be "used" to give them worldly desires... Jesus cannot be used as a "fairy godmother".  No, He will show you the light of the truth... that we are all sinners.  What we then do is either accept His gift of salvation from our sins (as there is NO other way but by Jesus), or we deny Him and make a CHOICE to continue sinning, without salvation.  Choose Jesus, and choose eternal life.  Deny Jesus and choose eternal damnation. 

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
17 "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."  John 3:19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."  

The choice is yours.  I will be praying for you, that the Lord will open your eyes to the right choice...

• Members

I don't know your situation completely, nor am I asking you to elaborate on it further. What I do know is that I can somewhat understand. You see, I've been through some pretty hard times myself...begging God to heal, take away, or if nothing else...to please take my children's health problems and give them to me instead. He never gave me what I asked and begged for. Though I never turned from God, I did go through some deep valleys.

We all do.

Remember how Elijah had that tremendous victory over the prophets of Baal? The next thing he did was run and hide because he was afraid of Jezebel...wishing he were dead. He went from an incredible victory to being incredibly defeated...but he kept going.

What got me through was this simple (but deep) truth...God loves me. Despite my circumstances, he loves me so much that he sacrificed his only begotten Son for me. Nothing...NOTHING can begin to compare to that. I may not understand why he allows things to happen, but he does...and he knows what is best.

When I survey the wondrous cross,
On which the Prince of glory died.
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members
18 hours ago, 19DuggarFan said:

So after a spiritual high last week the likes which I have never seen; it was followed by such a lou that I have told God I hate Him.  I have left my first love and if not for the worst nightmare ever I probably wouldn't even care or be writing this.

A childhood dream I have is all .but left in dust.  Barring a miracle from God nothing has or will happen.  And like I said if not for not a nightmare I wouldn't be here  I have fear of God but little or no love forH Him.

Get off the roller coaster and don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. Just be thankful you weren't born in Saudi Arabia or Somalia. 

• Members
On 11/24/2015 8:59:55, Critical Mass said:

Get off the roller coaster and don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. Just be thankful you weren't born in Saudi Arabia or Somalia. 

Hirherto have ye ask nothing in My Name, ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

John 16:24

To not be able to bring our needs  to the Father thru the Redeemet Jesus Christ is too never have full joy.

• Members
On 11/26/2015, 3:42:15, 19DuggarFan said:

Hirherto have ye ask nothing in My Name, ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

John 16:24

To not be able to bring our needs  to the Father thru the Redeemet Jesus Christ is too never have full joy.

You are missing my point. Don't expect your life to turn into some kind of fairy tale where you get married, have a bunch of healthy kids, tons of good friends, a good job, a church where everyone believes the bible, no problems, all your prayers get answered the way you want them to, a beautiful home, etc. etc. God may have a hard and lonely road for you to travel for his reasons instead. 

Edited by Critical Mass

• Moderators
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎56‎:‎55‎, 19DuggarFan said:

Job_13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:

2Cor_12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Phil 4:11-13 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Rom_5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I liked what Job said OFP, but for 19DuggarFan the rest of the verse seems pertinent  -  "but I will maintain mine own ways before him."

It's up to you 19DuggarFan to keep maintenance on your faith. Work on your own attitude about what you should be thinking about what the Lord is letting you experience.

You never know, the Lord may be preparing you to minister to someone else's needs.

• Moderators

You fel for the oldest trick on Satan's book-you let Him drag you down and turn from God, even after a great spiritual victory of some sort, which should have encouraged you.  BUt see also, you're relying on emotion, you expect when something goes well, you'll stay on the mountain top for a while, yet sometimes, its a quick slide down back into the valley. But remember the valley is where the work gets done.

Remember, Jesus preparing Peter for the spiritual trial he was about to endue? Satan hath desired to have thee, to sift thee like wheat (not a quote). But Jesus told  him this so Peter was prepared for what he would do, (deny Him thrice), and the pain it would cause him, so that, once he recovered, he could use his experience to strengthen the other disciples.  Maybe that's where you are-a spiritual high, then you got sifted and did something foolish: told Jesus you hated Him-denied Christ, as it were. Now it't time to recover, let the Lord strengthen you and use this experience to strengthen the brethren.

Been there, done that.

• Members
On 11/26/2015 5:00:40, Ronda said:

James 4:3 " Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. "

On 11/27/2015 7:23:56, Critical Mass said:

You are missing my point. Don't expect your life to turn into some kind of fairy tale where you get married, have a bunch of healthy kids, tons of good friends, a good job, a church where everyone believes the bible, no problems, all your prayers get answered the way you want them to, a beautiful home, etc. etc. God may have a hard and lonely road for you to travel for his reasons instead. 

Ronda and Critical Mass since you both have hit on the first point of my 3 part problem I will just say yes I ask to consume it upon my lust, but when I read I Corinthians 7:2 and Hebrews 13:4 along  with I Thessalonians 4:3 I cannot understand at my age and being a normal guy with urges, i am just tired of acting as if God hears my prays yet burning in my own lust.

My 2nd and 3rd problems just help to contribute to the confusion because they are both great roadblocks to the first.  And while I can honestly say many believers suffer from my first and 3rd problem, very few experience the pain of the 2nd.   I Peter 5:8-9.

• Members

1 Corinthians 10:13 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

1 Peter 4:12-13 "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:"
"But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."

1 John 5:4-5 "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."
"Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?"

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

We cannot expect God to swoop down and "fix" our problems on demand. We are pretty much guaranteed to have struggles in this world if we are living for Him. (2 Tim 3:12). However, what concerns me most about your post are the words you stated: "I have fear of God but little or no love forH Him ".  Why would you hope for God's help when you say you don't even love Him? 

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

Here is the starting point for the answer to any/all of your problems:   Matthew 22:37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

• Moderators
13 hours ago, 19DuggarFan said:

Ronda and Critical Mass since you both have hit on the first point of my 3 part problem I will just say yes I ask to consume it upon my lust, but when I read I Corinthians 7:2 and Hebrews 13:4 along  with I Thessalonians 4:3 I cannot understand at my age and being a normal guy with urges, i am just tired of acting as if God hears my prays yet burning in my own lust.

My 2nd and 3rd problems just help to contribute to the confusion because they are both great roadblocks to the first.  And while I can honestly say many believers suffer from my first and 3rd problem, very few experience the pain of the 2nd.   I Peter 5:8-9.

Temptations-lust. I understand these things, being also a man, and no youngster, yet the lust can still burst forth in the most unexpected times and ways. I get it-it never goes away, a great way for Satan to tempt us. So, have you dealt with the root?

All sin pretty much comes down to three things: Lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and pride of life. These are the sins we have to first deal with-the sins no one sees, but that beget the acting out of sin. Lust of the flesh and lust of the eyes often work together, and then, when pride of life, placing ourselves above the word and commands of God, our 'needs' becoming our god, this is when we fail to have victory. We must repent of the root, then deal with the symptom, the acting out of those particular sins. Its like a juniper bush-you can cut back the branches all you like, but the roots will continue to grow and the branches will return. You need to cut the branches, (repent of the active sin), AND dig out the roots, (repent of the root sin, the three listed about), and bear in mind, junipers run deep and can sometimes grow back if a little root was missed. So we need to stay vigilant even after repentance and be prepared for that root to try and spring up again, so you can dig it out again before the branches appear. .