• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Evolution Evangelism

• Members

This is a true story from my area...

Recently, a group of college students from a nearby university volunteered to "help" at a nearby elementary school.

Unbeknownst to the school's administration, the college students spent their time preaching evolution to the children. They even had an "altar call" when it was over...asking that if they (the elementary children) believed what they had just heard, to just raise their hands.

Apparently all but one child was "saved" ...

In other words, all but one child raised their hands to acknowledge that they believed in evolution. 

I'm not sure at this point what (if any) repercussions will be brought against the college students. 

• Moderators

There will be no repercussions-if anything they will receive the Dawkins-Nye Award for Excellence in Brainwashing. 

It's no big surprise-all their books on such things as dinosaurs start out with 'millions of years ago...' of course the public school system likes and encourages evolution. And of course the kids like it, because they have a reason to act like a bunch of monkeys.

Personally, I have only had one ancestor that swung from a tree branch, but that wasn't by a tail.

• Members
13 hours ago, TheSword said:

Unfortunately, atheistic evolution is the religion of just about any public school system and it carries over into most universities, including many "Christian" universities.

13 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

No surprise since the theory of evolution is basically a religion.

Exactly...it's a religion, and that's what just amazed me by this. They handled it in the exact same way that they despise Christians for "supposedly" doing; such as...

1. They presented their "gospel" to people who didn't ask for it. (Don't they claim that we do just that? Why couldn't they keep their "gospel" to themselves instead of forcing it on others?)
  2. At the end of the presentation of their "gospel", they "pressured" their hearers for a decision. (Don't they claim that we do that?)
  3. Then they "pressured" their hearers to make a public profession of faith. (Don't they claim that we do that?)

I guess the only thing missing was the chance for the kids to be baptized in a pond of primordial soup...in the name of Darwin, Dawkins, and Nye.  :nuts:

Boy...talk about hypocrisy!

As to whether there will be repurcussions...that will depend on how many parents get in an uproar over it. The vast majority of Christians in this area send their kids to public school, and they're just as caught up in "school spirit" as the lost are. In fact, the one child who didn't accept the big bang as their savior was the child of a preacher (from what I understand). Even so, I doubt anything will happen...

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members
13 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Exactly...it's a religion, and that's what just amazed me by this. They handled it in the exact same way that they despise Christians for "supposedly" doing; such as...

1. They presented their "gospel" to people who didn't ask for it. (Don't they claim that we do just that? Why couldn't they keep their "gospel" to themselves instead of forcing it on others?)
  2. At the end of the presentation of their "gospel", they "pressured" their hearers for a decision. (Don't they claim that we do that?)
  3. Then they "pressured" their hearers to make a public profession of faith. (Don't they claim that we do that?)

I guess the only thing missing was the chance for the kids to be baptized in a pond of primordial soup...in the name of Darwin, Dawkins, and Nye.  :nuts:

Boy...talk about hypocrisy!

As to whether there will be repurcussions...that will depend on how many parents get in an uproar over it. The vast majority of Christians in this area send their kids to public school, and they're just as caught up in "school spirit" as the lost are. In fact, the one child who didn't accept the big bang as their savior was the child of a preacher (from what I understand). Even so, I doubt anything will happen...

True, true, and true. The big problem is that according to "secular scientists" they get to claim their "gospel" as fact as if they're teaching a science class. So many people, Christians included, have already compromised their foundational beliefs to make room for Darwinism and all of its related made-up storylines. They've compromised with ridiculous explanations such as theistic evolution or progressive creation or whatever and have unwittingly conceded the battleground in full. Christians need to understand (and teach their children to understand) that it's either God and the Bible or Darwin and evolution. They are mutually exclusive faith systems.

• Members
24 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Genesis vs. abiogenesis

One makes complete sense. The other makes no sense and isn't possible...but it's the one evolutionists believe. It doesn't matter how they spin it...they believe in abiogenesis.

regardless of which one you believe they both are based on faith.  I find it much easier to have faith and belief in a loving supernatural being that created everything than abiogenesis, which really is far more fantastic and absurd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was watching WatchMojo.com.. not even a christian entertainment site and they had the top 10 hoaxes on video.  What was in the top 10?

Piltdown Man!

Yet, I am pretty certain there are a whole lot of evolution books that still have Piltdown man as a missing link.. part of the chain.

The Lucy find had similar issues also.. and yet that is I am pretty sure still in the latest text books as part of the chain.

These I think are still presented as facts.. yet proven false by sound scientists.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Isn't it interesting how ppl are so averse to discussing certain topics such as Evolution without being rude and dismissive of the plain facts.  It's the same ignorance that Nazi sympathizers held on to, stating the Holocaust never occurred or the same prejudice of those in Salem in the 1600's who thought the lady who acted just a bit peculiar, needed to be burned. God gave us the ability through millions of years of existence, to rationalize and understand God's creation. Does the notion of evolution understate the beauty of God's creation? Anyway, I think Bill Nye destroyed Hamm's argument. He has yet to make a valid argument against the facts. 

• Members

I worked with younger people who had never heard that there was an alternative to evolution.  I gave one a tract and he was amazed that there was an alternative.  

I may have mentioned this before, but Day One Publications do a Desk sized book, Evidence for the Bible. It is a full colour book showing treasures of the British Museum that support the bible, 

CBD-Evidence_for_the_Bible_large.jpg

• Members

Day one also publish a book entitled Through the British Museum with the Bible . When the British Museum Library heard of it, they ordered 900 copies and have ordered many more since.  We had a preacher from Day One recently and they said the B.M. Library have ordered many more since. The also ordered 250 copies of Evidence for the bible, and at the present they order 50 copies per month.  This has resulted in reprints of these books.  The authors do guided tours of the B.M.based on these books and only ask for travel expenses. 

The British Museum is said to be the second top tourist destination in the UK with visitors from all over the world.

Throu the bible with the BM.jpg

• Members
8 hours ago, JesusLivesInUs said:

Isn't it interesting how ppl are so averse to discussing certain topics such as Evolution without being rude and dismissive of the plain facts.  It's the same ignorance that Nazi sympathizers held on to, stating the Holocaust never occurred or the same prejudice of those in Salem in the 1600's who thought the lady who acted just a bit peculiar, needed to be burned. God gave us the ability through millions of years of existence, to rationalize and understand God's creation. Does the notion of evolution understate the beauty of God's creation? Anyway, I think Bill Nye destroyed Hamm's argument. He has yet to make a valid argument against the facts. 

Sir,

Did you sign the Chain of Custody for all of the samples used in the tests that prove what you're espousing? 

Respectfully,

No Nicolaitans