• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I think I've figured it out how to find new content.

• Members

Okay...I think I've figured it out. It's still not as simple as before, but as far as I can tell, it's the only way to do it...

I tried changing the existing Unread Content stream, but it won't save my changes...so I had to create a new stream for new content.

Step 1 - HOVER your mouse pointer over the Activity tab. Click on My Activity Streams, and click on Create New Stream.

stream1.thumb.png.d1e1b3be7abbf6e1796d6f

After you click on Create New Stream, you will be shown the following...

stream2.thumb.png.3590f173e7c3f2a076ce63

Step 2 - I made a couple of changes to what you see above. As you can see below, I gave the new stream a title - My Unread Items. I also changed the Read Status from Everything to Content I haven't read, and I changed the Time Period from Any Time to Since my last visit. Then click Save as new stream at the bottom.

stream3.thumb.png.2eb362eadffe95b6518d1c

After clicking Save as new stream, your new stream of unread items will open...as seen below.

stream4.thumb.png.083f1c8ff1123e63e077c4

Step 3 - I like a more condensed view, so I clicked the condensed view's icon...

stream5.thumb.png.0c67110a5075b0cbe97185

And now my unread content is more condensed...showing me more items that haven't been read in a lot less space on the page.

stream6.thumb.png.d7143350972bc81862c8db

Next comes the part where you go to the newest post instead of the first post in a topic. If you click the title of the unread item, it will take you to the opening post of the topic. So...instead of clicking the title (as we used to do before the update), you have to click the "time stamp" to the far right of the title...as seen below.

stream7.thumb.png.f4339cc2545441aae9eb67

...and by clicking the "time stamp", you'll be taken to that actual post...as seen below...

stream8.thumb.png.99ba2a5d23ab896e9f53b4

So there you have it. Whether that's the intended way for this to work or not...I don't know. I haven't tried it yet to see if the unread content is updated, but I've bookmarked this stream on my browser so that I can go right to it instead of having to pull it up each time. If the bookmarking doesn't work, you'll have to so what we did at the beginning...

HOVER your mouse pointer over Activity, click on My Activity Streams, and click on the name of the new stream you made...

stream9.thumb.png.d3a7b6b1934fe0620018f0

Even after figuring this out, I'll probably keep using the "Mark site as read" method. :nuts:

I just like a good challenge...

• Members

Thank you so much! It is helpful.  I've followed your directions and prefer it to what I saw an hour ago... but the only problem is it shows only the most recent comment within the topic thread... instead of (as the site previously had the option) seeing all posts, even from the same topic thread sorted by time.  I still wish they would "re-do" what they've "un-done", lol.  But I want to commend you on your hard work and effort put forth! Great job! Now if only the IT "techs" from any internet service provider were even half as knowledgeable as you...  :)