• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church Mempership

• Members

I didn't say there had been any misconduct at all, I just referred to the letter's allegations of misconduct since that's what the letter was about--and I was careful to call them that both times I mentioned them. I didn't say you did or didn't do a thing (how would I know?) so you making it clear in a previous post that the allegations are untrue isn't relevant to my comments.

Exactly my point. The letter and the meeting weren't about whose stance on tithing was correct--that you and they thought the other was wrong was already a given. The meeting and letter were about whether you had been openly putting down the church's position, the broad question being whether you could be part of the church despite disagreeing with them on tithing. Yet had you been allowed to attend the meeting,  you say you would have used it to reopen the debate between you and them about tithing itself, i.e. defending your position and rejecting theirs. Ok, so what if you had defended your view on tithing and the other people in the room had said "we still disagree"? You've just said that agreeing to disagree is out of the question for you, so what option would you have had left?

Well, the phrase "agree to disagree", in my part of the world at least, means that the parties mutually understand that they can live together with that point of contention; it isn't a 'deal breaker' to their associating in other regards. It doesn't mean one accepts the view of the other--quite the opposite. So the reason your focus "wouldn't be" on who's correct about tithing (in our hypothetical scenario where you are attending the meeting) would be if you wanted to settle the question of whether you could be part of the church despite disagreement in that area. But it sounds like you weren't at all interested in that question. Ok, so you told them you were coming back--that doesn't mean anything by itself.

Obviously, as the letter clearly shows, there was no option to mutually understand that we could live together.  They wanted us gone.   Remember, I had been a member of the Church for seven years, so obviously I was associating with them despite the clash in that particular doctrine.

• Members

Brother SFIC,

Clearly you and apparently your wife have been hurt by the actions of this church. Furthermore, you both appear to believe you are completely innocent of all wrong doing. I have misgivings if this forum is the place to resolve this issue. Not that any one of the posters are unwilling individually (or in private) to talk it through, but that this medium (a public forum) does not seem to be the best place for it (Matthew 18:16ff; Romans 16:17-19; 1 Corinthians 6:1-8; Ephesians 4:29; Titus 3:1-8; 1 Peter 2:1, 11-12; etc.).

The Bible is clear on the matter of Christ's church being a priority to us. You have expressed mixed responses (willingness, but a sense of hopelessness) to re-connecting with a church. In my estimation, we have established enough Biblical data on the priority of church, but if not more could be said. Your situation is not an exception to the truths of Scripture. It may be that you situation makes it exceptionally difficult to practice the truths of Scripture, but it does not negate them. Exceptionally difficult situations require faith in an exceptionally powerful, holy, righteous, and good God. Our earlier statements about the church are rooted in this God's revelation. We who are believers have already seen Him accomplish the most exceptionally difficult thing in rescuing our depraved souls from His righteous wrath through the blood of His dear Son. Surely we can trust in His timing that he will provide both the personal growth and change that he is working in you through this trial and a good church for you to fellowship.

For His glory,

Christian Markle

Regardless whether I am in that asembly or not, I am a member of Christ's Body, the Ekklesia; the Body in which every joint supplieth.  They don't want my ministry, that much is obvious.  And, at this point, if they would rather walk in, and teach false doctrine, I really don't need theirs as well. 

I will remain IFB, as the fundamentals of the Faith are embraced by the IFB more than any other Baptist Church or Protestant Church out there today, to the best of my knowledge.  I will continue in my studies until such time that the Lord either opens doors for me to start another Church, (I have pastored two in the past) or He convicts the only IFB assembly in town of their error, or until HIs return for His Bride.

Tell me, Christian, if I were able to travel, and came to your town, knowing my stance on the Biblical tithe, would you want me as a member of your congregation?

• Members

Regardless whether I am in that asembly or not, I am a member of Christ's Body, the Ekklesia; the Body in which every joint supplieth.  They don't want my ministry, that much is obvious.  And, at this point, if they would rather walk in, and teach false doctrine, I really don't need theirs as well. 
I will remain IFB, as the fundamentals of the Faith are embraced by the IFB more than any other Baptist Church or Protestant Church out there today, to the best of my knowledge.  I will continue in my studies until such time that the Lord either opens doors for me to start another Church, (I have pastored two in the past) or He convicts the only IFB assembly in town of their error, or until HIs return for His Bride.

Tell me, Christian, if I were able to travel, and came to your town, knowing my stance on the Biblical tithe, would you want me as a member of your congregation?

I am a member of a church where I disagree with their stand on tithe, but believe in giving from your heart, but do not make it a matter of contention. The general qualifications of the church I am a part of is being saved and scripturally baptized.

• Members

My views of tithing appear to be closer to yours than your previous church. My problem would not then be of your view of tithing. I perceive that we might find conflict elsewhere though...seems to be a human thing :-) How we would deal with it would either demonstrate our love for God, His truth on conflict resolution, and the Gospel or not!

For His glory,

Christian Markle

• Members

My views of tithing appear to be closer to yours than your previous church. My problem would not then be of your view of tithing. I perceive that we might find conflict elsewhere though...seems to be a human thing :-) How we would deal with it would either demonstrate our love for God, His truth on conflict resolution, and the Gospel or not!

For His glory,

Christian Markle

not too sure we would disagree on other things or not.  It appears you, at least would be willing to reason together, and be diligent in searching the Scriptures to see if it is so.  Much unlike most who disagree with me.

to display some modicum of willingness to see what the Scriptures say reveals the heart indeed has a love for God.

• Members

According to Jesus the tithe was for the religious lost (pharisees). He commended the widow who gave all she had. The tithe has nothing to do with us at all; we should be giving far more, our all in fact. (I typed this while my flesh was asleep so keep it down please)

• Members

According to Jesus the tithe was for the religious lost (pharisees). He commended the widow who gave all she had. The tithe has nothing to do with us at all; we should be giving far more, our all in fact. (I typed this while my flesh was asleep so keep it down please)

I am not so sure that Jesus was commending the widow of Mark 12.  If one reads the text in context, (beginning at verse 39) one will see Jesus was warning of religious leaders who, "rob widow's houses".  Then, He sits against a wall across from the Treasury.  Lo and behold, a widow comes and drops all her living into the Treasury. 

What I see in that text is Jesus pointing out a widow has just been robbed, not that He was commending her.

But that is another topic for another thread, I guess.  LoL

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ