• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Highlighting problem

Invicta

• Members

When I highlight anything on my laptop it often does not actually select it till I click on it, other times it does.  Also it sometimes selects things when I dont do anything but move my pointer.  It does that when I am trying to do something else, then deletes text I was trying to edit.  I am using Win 10 but it  was the same when I used Win 7.  It doesn't happen on our church laptop.  Any suggestions?

• Members

Bad mouse maybe? Try a different mouse (if you have one).

Not saying that's the problem, but that would be the first thing I'd check since it was a problem with both systems.

It's been a while back, and I can't remember the exact problem I was having...but it was similar. I finally got a new mouse, and that solved the problem.

If that's not the problem, I don't know what else to suggest.

Did I use the word "problem" enough times in this post? :nuts:

• Members

I have another rather annoying think which I can't get rid of.

When I was using Win 7, I spilled a glass of water over my keyboard, and couldn't use the keyboard so I used the on screen keyboard until I had the keyboard replaced. While I was using this keyboard it kept disappearing so I pinned it to the taskbar, When I had the new keyboard fitted I unpinned it but it still came up.  I found  it on the startup menu and deleted it from that, but it still appeared when Windows started. After I installed Win 10, I hoped it would go, but No.  It is still there when Windows starts. I tried MS site but that wasn't helpful, only one entry which told how to remove the touch screen keyboard. The OSK was loaded from Accessibility Services in Win 7 but I can't find anything like that in Win 10.

Any Ideas?