• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jesus' coming Kingdom on land.

• Members
6 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I have a question Scott.

Does all mean all, or does fulfilled mean fulfilled?

If you have to add to Gods word for implications to appear, you are doing just that, creating implications.

I know this is said much too often, but, Scott, I believe the scriptures in what they say, not what I believe they say.

As I am sure you do also.

Maybe I should rethink this sentence for future statements of what I believe.

• Members
7 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I know this is said much too often, but, Scott, I believe the scriptures in what they say, not what I believe they say. (bold added by Pastor Scott Markle)

1 hour ago, Genevanpreacher said:

He will not have a throne. Neither will anyone else. Only God will. And Jesus Christ is the physical form of God. So Christ will rule from his throne like David did ages ago. (bold added by Pastor Scott Markle)

1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:28-30
28   Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
29   And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30   That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

????????????

12 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Can you define regeneration?

I am in it. Aren't you?

Yet there are no 12 tribes being ruled by the disciples.

Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?

Yes. The disciples are 'ruling' over the saved and elect children of God as witnesses for all ages to see. You know, the Israel of God, that are all the saved?

Sound silly to you?

It doesn't to me.

Brother "Genevanpreacher,"

Nice try.  But the whole point was whether or not anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ would sit on a throne.  You claim that you "believe the Scriptures in what they say."

Yet you also claim that no one other than the Lord Jesus Christ will have a throne.  Whereas the record of the Scriptures themselves (in Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:28-30; & Revelation 20:4) is that others will have and will sit upon thrones.  So do you really "believe the Scriptures in what they say," or not?  You see, God's Word says one thing; but Genevanpreacher's word says the opposite.  I wonder which one is actually correct?

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle
punctuation

• Members
1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Nice try.  But the whole point was whether or not anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ would sit on a throne.  You claim that you "believe the Scriptures in what they say."

Yet you also claim that no one other than the Lord Jesus Christ will have a throne.  Whereas the record of the Scriptures themselves (in Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:28-30; & Revelation 20:4) is that others will have and will sit upon thrones.  So do you really "believe the Scriptures in what they say," or not?  You see, God's Word says one thing; but Genevanpreacher's word says the opposite.  I wonder which one is actually correct?

Yes. I see your point.

So let me redo my previous statement. If you will allow?

I believe what the scriptures say, along with what they teach, being lead by the Spirit of God using all the scriptures together.

There, I hope that sounds better. 

In the above statement I mean that I follow what the scriptures say, with the thought in mind that the scriptures do teach things they may state, in various places, with import on blending together the knowledge of God, leading me to the correlation of the whole set of scriptures, within the cover of my bible.

In other words, every verse by itself is not clear doctrine alone, but the whole set of scriptures give the whole doctrinal picture for us to know what is right to believe.

Hence, in the regeneration of the disciples, they rule by testimony, not literal thrones, based upon the whole set of scriptures. It is because of them testifying through their preaching and teaching, the gospel of Jesus Christ and his eternal kingdom, and writing of the scriptures that teach that.

• Members

Yes. The disciples are 'ruling' over the saved and elect children of God as witnesses for all ages to see. You know, the Israel of God, that are all the saved?

Hmmm. wonder why JESUS would say this:

Matthew 19:27 "Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Pastor Markle has rightly brought this question to you repeatedly... your answer is still astounding! According to YOU, the actual words of Christ do NOT mean what they SAY??? You claim others here "twist" words??? Once again... astounding! The very essence of "replacement theology" is twisting and omitting HUGE chunks of scripture.  Not just old testament scripture, but the very words of Jesus!  Yet you say... "Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?"   Are you kidding? Jesus didn't know what He was saying? Blasphemy.

• Members
7 hours ago, Ronda said:

Hmmm. wonder why JESUS would say this:

Matthew 19:27 "Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28 "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Pastor Markle has rightly brought this question to you repeatedly... your answer is still astounding! According to YOU, the actual words of Christ do NOT mean what they SAY??? You claim others here "twist" words??? Once again... astounding! The very essence of "replacement theology" is twisting and omitting HUGE chunks of scripture.  Not just old testament scripture, but the very words of Jesus!  Yet you say... "Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?"   Are you kidding? Jesus didn't know what He was saying? Blasphemy.

Not replacement theology.

Covenant theology.

Getting that right is important.

You are being mean spirited when you say that.

Blasphemy?

With all the errors you have spoken about particular verses, your record is not good enough to condemn my view.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
20 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Covenant/replacement, whichever YOU prefer to call it... requires much twisting and omission of large amounts of the word of God. YOU may feel I am erroneous in "particular verses", but if I do err... it is in taking the word of God LITERALLY... God meant what was said and said what was meant by GOD!  God didn't make any mistakes in His wording. No mere human knows more than God did when He inspired His words of the bible... to make such claims as you did in reference to Jesus' words: "Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?"

You do not believe Jesus meant the actual words He said, and yet earlier you made this statement directed at me: "Your verses here are the usual 'hype' from 'unstudied' content, just rattled off from previous teachers 'of the word', that teach a bunch of mumbo jumbo and tell the sheeple what to believe instead of just accepting the pure word of God from HIS writings."

So which is it? Either you accept "the pure words of God from His writings" as you first claimed, or is it that you believe "another thing is being taught by the Lord" than what His very words actually said.

Lastly you called me mean-spirited. Who made these condescendingly snide remarks? It wasn't I, it was you who said:

Towards Alan: "One unfounded opinion, Alan. Sorry to hear this of you." 
Toward Pastor Markle: "The important thing is 'what does Markle think it means?',  which implies something of major importance. Evidently."
Towards me: "You have plenty to learn in making statements like this in a public forum.
Towards Alan: "You are not paying attention Alan. So unlike you"
Towards No Nicolaitans: "Oh yeah, and this might be a clue NN - "
Towards No Nicolaitans: "That man enough for you?"
Towards No Nicolaitans: "Sounds like a question. Am I missing something?"                                                                                                                              Towards me: " your record is not good enough to condemn my view "
Towards me: " "Your verses here are the usual 'hype' from 'unstudied' content, just rattled off from previous teachers 'of the word', that teach a bunch of mumbo jumbo and tell the sheeple what to believe"

• Members
21 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Can you define regeneration?

I am in it. Aren't you?

Sound silly to you?

It doesn't to me.

19 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I believe what the scriptures say, along with what they teach, being lead by the Spirit of God using all the scriptures together.

In the above statement I mean that I follow what the scriptures say, with the thought in mind that the scriptures do teach things they may state, in various places, with import on blending together the knowledge of God, leading me to the correlation of the whole set of scriptures, within the cover of my bible.

In other words, every verse by itself is not clear doctrine alone, but the whole set of scriptures give the whole doctrinal picture for us to know what is right to believe.

Hence, in the regeneration of the disciples, they rule by testimony, not literal thrones, based upon the whole set of scriptures. It is because of them testifying through their preaching and teaching, the gospel of Jesus Christ and his eternal kingdom, and writing of the scriptures that teach that.

What's strange is, I follow the same when determining what scripture teaches. Yet, when I "use all the scriptures together", I see that the Bible teaches things that will literally happen. When I study "the whole set of scriptures" to get "the whole doctrinal picture", I see clearly that the Bible teaches things that will literally happen.

Hence, though I'm not Pastor Markle, yes...I can define regeneration...and I can define it in the context in which it is used.

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Now, from what I can tell, you seem to agree that the Lord Jesus Christ will one day (in the future) literally sit on a throne. Why is his throne literal, but the other thrones aren't? On to "regeneration"...

You are applying regeneration to personal salvation; of which, a person who is born again is definitely regenerated. However, this verse isn't referring to personal regeneration. Please note that the wording is...in THE regeneration. Christ isn't talking about the disciples personal regeneration. He's talking about a specific regeneration that will occur when he sits on his throne. He's talking about the regeneration that will happen to the earth during his reign on earth...when things return to how they were on earth before man sinned...the lion will lie down with the lamb, long-physical life, etc. He's talking about how the earth will undergo a regeneration during his literal 1,000 year reign on earth.

...and during THAT regeneration (as the verse above teaches along with all of scripture used together and using the whole set of scriptures to get the whole doctrinal picture)...during THAT regeneration, the Lord Jesus Christ will sit on his throne, and the apostles will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel...literally.

So, no...you're not in the regeneration Genevan.

I only have one last question to ask you; after this, I won't ask you any more questions.

You've made your position clear. You say that you aren't a replacement theology adherent; however, it's clear that you are...at least it is to me. If nothing else, you've replaced literal Bible interpretation with spiritual interpretation. So my final question to you is...

What is your purpose for being here on Online Baptist?

If you follow all of scripture as you claim, the Bible is clear that you shouldn't fellowship with people here...unless that's not literal either.

• Members

Evidently I am here to do nothing but get chastised for what I believe and to be castigated for teaching and preaching contrary to people who like to replace Jesus Christ's Bride with a lost jewish population in eternity.

Replacement theology is what you all teach in lifting up a lost bunch of jews as God's people and blaspheme God's word, just like your predecessors did before you.

Lucky for planet earth, that teaching only goes back a few generations.

Otherwise the world would have no hope of learning the truth - that Christians are God's only chosen people.

• Members

You seem like a nice enough guy Genevan; apparently you also seem to have a good sense of humor. At the same time, you bring a lot of castigation upon yourself by how you use such smart aleck remarks towards others. I was literally appalled a few weeks ago when you kept mocking Trapperhoney's use of "hubby" . You took her term of endearment for the man she loves, and you used it to mock her...repeatedly. 

No one here replaces Christ's bride with lost Israel that I'm aware of. All that I'm aware of is that God made promises specific to his chosen people Israel; promises as yet unfulfilled. Either God lied, or he will keep his promises...and those promises have nothing to do with his chosen people...the church.

For the life of me, I don't see how that's so hard to understand and acknowledge...but you're free to believe what you want. Just don't act surprised and play the victim when you are challenged for propagating your beliefs here. 

• Members
On ‎2015‎年‎11‎月‎15‎日‎ ‎上午‎, HappyChristian said:

I've skimmed through this thread just now and found just what I, sadly, expected to see. GP - watch your attitude. Many of your comments have been dismissive and smart-alecky.That is not to continue. Period. 

And let it be herewith known: just because one of us might not like a question about the Bible does not make it "fatuous." Be mature and simply answer the question, without unnecessary appellation. 

Here's another "f" word that seems to be going on on a couple folks' part: "fractious."  Enough already.

Thank you.

Alan

• Members
On 11/14/2015, 4:11:30, Invicta said:

Brother Scott

I have not been available for a while however I am now.

Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34  Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35  Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37  Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

The Jews handed over Jesus to the Romans saying he claimed to be a king. 

Jesus said , My kingdom is not of this world:(It is a spiritual kingdom)  if my kingdom were of this world,(Which is not) then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now (at this present time)  is my kingdom not from hence.(It is exists but is not of this world.it is a spiritual kingdom.)

Pilate knew Jesus was a king. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King?  He knew, and wrote above the cross .JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. 21  Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
22  Pilate answered, What I have written I have written. JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.21  Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews. 22  Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.

But Jesus' kingdoms is a spiritual kingdom, not of this world,.Seeing as somebody brought up Daniel, let's look up a couple of his other prophecies, 

Dan 2:44  And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 45  Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Jesus set up his Kingdom in the days of the Roman kings and when He returns with his saints He His Kingdom will break in pieces all the previous kingdoms. At that time, Dan 7:18  But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. Not just for 1,000 years but for ever and ever. 

I guess you satisfied Scott, Invicta.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I guess you satisfied Scott, Invicta.

Brother "invicta" did indeed answer my question concerning the meaning of the word "now."  In that I am satisfied.

However, I am not satisfied with the position of his answer.  Toward that I intend a further response.  Yet just as he needed time in order to present his response, so I need time in order to present my response.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 11/14/2015, 4:11:30, Invicta said:

Brother Scott

36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Jesus said , My kingdom is not of this world:(It is a spiritual kingdom)  if my kingdom were of this world,(Which is not) then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now (at this present time)  is my kingdom not from hence.(It is exists but is not of this world.it is a spiritual kingdom.)

Concerning John 18:36.

In John 18:36 our Lord Jesus Christ presented two basic truths concerning His kingdom.  The first of these truths He presented in the opening portion of His statement – “My kingdom is not of this world.”  The second of these truths He presented in the closing portion of His statement – “But now is my kingdom not from hence.”  In both cases our Lord presented these truths from the negative perspective, concerning something that is not true about His kingdom, and thereby implying something that is true about His kingdom.

In the first place, the Lord declared, “My kingdom is not of this world.”  Herein the negative truth concerning our Lord’s kingdom is rooted in the prepositional phrase, “of this world.”  The preposition “of” is translated from the Greek preposition “ek,” meaning “out of” and indicated the source of origin.  As such, our Lord was revealing that His kingdom is not out of this world as its source of origin.  Furthermore, our Lord was implying that His kingdom is rather out of a different source of origin, that is – out of heaven above as its source of origin.  Even so, with this statement our Lord was not specifically indicating the character of His kingdom, whether it is a physical kingdom or a spiritual kingdom, but was rather indicating the origin of His kingdom, that it is not out of this world, but is out of heaven above.  Now, from this truth we might come to understand that our Lord’s kingdom is a spiritual kingdom, in contrast to a physical kingdom; however, that was not the specific point that our Lord was revealing with His declaration.

In the second place, that Lord declared, “But now is my kingdom not from hence.”  Herein again the negative truth concerning our Lord’s kingdom is rooted in the prepositional phrase, “from hence.”  At this point it is important for us to understand that this is a different and additional truth concerning our Lord’s kingdom because the prepositional modifier is different.  Herein the prepositional modifier is not “out of,” but is “from.”  Actually, the entire prepositional phrase “from hence” is translated from the Greek adverb “enteuthen,” meaning “in, on, at, from the present place” and indicating the location of presence.  Since the only location directly referenced in the context is “this world,” we would understand that “this world” is the location intended by the phrase “from hence.”  As such, our Lord was revealing that His kingdom was not located in, on, at, from this world.  Furthermore, our Lord was implying that His kingdom was rather in, on, at, from a different location, that is – the location of heaven.  However, there is one further modifier in our Lord’s declaration.  It is the adverb “now,” meaning “at the present time.”  Even so, our Lord was revealing that His kingdom was not in, on, at, from the location of this world at the present time in which He was speaking.  However, this declaration does not at all exclude the possibility that our Lord’s kingdom might be in, on, at, from this world as its location at some time into the future from when our Lord was speaking.  This declaration does not directly promise that our Lord’s kingdom will be located in, on, at, from this world sometime in the future; but it does not directly exclude that possibility either.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members

Bro Scott  (you can address me as David)

I will ask you a question which I asked Eric a number of times and which he avoided answering as far as I can remember,

Are you in Christ's kingdom?