• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jesus' coming Kingdom on land.

• Members

Oh yeah, and this might be a clue NN - 

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

• Members
4 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother "Genevanpreacher,"

Does this mean that it is your belief that there is not a single prophetic utterance in the Old Testament Law and Prophets concerning our Lord Jesus Christ's Second Coming?

Or, does this mean that it is your belief that our Lord Jesus Christ's Second Coming has already occurred, and has thus already been fulfilled?

3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I have a question Scott.

Does all mean all, or does fulfilled mean fulfilled?

If you have to add to Gods word for implications to appear, you are doing just that, creating implications.

I know this is said much too often, but, Scott, I believe the scriptures in what they say, not what I believe they say.

As I am sure you do also.

Brother "Genevanpreacher,"

1.  Grammatically, the word "all" always means "all" as modified by whatever modifiers are present in the grammatical statement.

For example - If I make reference unto ALL of the adult men in the congregation of Melvin Baptist Church, does that word "all" mean "all," including the women and children?  In my referenced statement, the word "all" does not at all mean "all" of the women and children.  In fact, in my referenced statement, the word "all" does not even include a single one of the women and children.  Indeed, in my referenced statement, the word "all" was modified by the prepositional phrase, "of the men;" therefore, it only includes the men of the congregation.  Yet it does indeed include ALL of the men.

2.  Grammatically, the word "fulfilled" means "filled up to the full," or "completely accomplished as presented."  However, the word "fulfilled" only means this in relation to whatever prophetic subject matter is actually being expressed in the grammatical statement and context.

3.  I did take notice that you completely avoided answering either of my questions concerning our Lord Jesus Christ's Second Coming and concerning the Old Testament prophecies about our Lord Jesus Christ's Second Coming.  Even so, I would request that you might actually answer the questions that I asked of you.

2 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

What the scriptures said about the coming Messiah, Jesus fulfilled.

What the scriptures said about what the coming Messiah was going to do, Jesus fulfilled.

In the NH and NE Jesus Christ will rule the saved from his throne, the 'Davidic' throne of the Lord God, on the earth in the New Jerusalem for the rest of eternity.

David will never rule Israel again. 

All the so-called 'prophecies' that dispyism teaches will apply to the lost people we term Jews, are fulfilled in Jesus Christ's fulfillment of the scriptures.

The end of that fulfillment is unending. He will fulfill all that applies to the saved, his ONLY people, throughout eternity.

I must admit that I am now completely confused concerning your position of belief on the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, I am moved to ask the following:

1.  Do you even believe in the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, or do you believe that this doctrine has simply been manufactured by "dispyism"?

2.  If you do believe in the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, do you believe that it is a yet future event, or that it is an event that has already been fulfilled?

3.  If you do believe in the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, do you believe that there was any prophetic utterances concerning that Second Coming included in the Old Testament Law and Prophets?

• Members
1 hour ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I have already explained. If you want to twist my answer you can.

Thanks.

As for David? Tell me NN, just who is sitting on who's throne?

Acts 2 -

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

44 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Oh yeah, and this might be a clue NN - 

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

So...even though God's word says that David will be a prince and a shepherd again, you're saying he won't be?

The Bible is clear who will be on the throne...Jesus Christ...but that doesn't exclude others from ruling with him...

Just a few examples...

• The 12 apostles judging the 12 tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:30)
  • Christians will reign with Christ (2 Timothy 2:12 and Revelation 20:6)
  • Not to mention the faithful servants who Christ will make rulers over "many things" and over "cities".

Are you saying that none of that will happen either...none of these will rule while Christ rules?

And you can stop with your little jabs; such as, "I twisted your answer". I did no such thing. All I did was point out what you left out or avoided in your answer...which I noticed you didn't answer any of my points. Instead, you responded with little smart-alack verbal jabs.

And you can stop with your little jabs; such as, "this might be a clue". I'm a grown man; not a sixth grader...you can talk to me like a man.

• Members
2 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

So...even though God's word says that David will be a prince and a shepherd again, you're saying he won't be?

The Bible is clear who will be on the throne...Jesus Christ...but that doesn't exclude others from ruling with him...

Just a few examples...

• The 12 apostles judging the 12 tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:30)
  • Christians will reign with Christ (2 Timothy 2:12 and Revelation 20:6)
  • Not to mention the faithful servants who Christ will make rulers over "many things" and over "cities".

Are you saying that none of that will happen either...none of these will rule while Christ rules?

And you can stop with your little jabs; such as, "I twisted your answer". I did no such thing. All I did was point out what you left out or avoided in your answer...which I noticed you didn't answer any of my points. Instead, you responded with little smart-alack verbal jabs.

And you can stop with your little jabs; such as, "this might be a clue". I'm a grown man; not a sixth grader...you can talk to me like a man.

The question was whether David would be ruling, and my answer is no, Jesus Christ is who is referred to as being on the throne of David, which also excludes all your other references for people ruling, as they are not ruling on the throne of David.

That man enough for you?

• Members
1 minute ago, Genevanpreacher said:

The question was whether David would be ruling, and my answer is no, Jesus Christ is who is referred to as being on the throne of David, which also excludes all your other references for people ruling, as they are not ruling on the throne of David.

What question? Who asked that question? Who said David would be ruling instead of Christ? If I missed it, I apologize.

Still, that doesn't exclude the truth of God's word which says that David will be a prince and a shepherd once again to Israel. He will have some type of ruling authority...as will the apostles, Christians, et al.

5 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

That man enough for you?

You did good until you added that. You just can't resist, can you?

You still haven't answered my points from several posts ago. 

• Members
3 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

So...David...who was dead when this was written...

Ezekiel 34:23-24
23   And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
24   And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.

...David will never have any rule in Israel again?

Sounds like a question. Am I missing something?

If or when Christ is on the throne of David, David is not.

• Members
1 minute ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Sounds like a question. Am I missing something?

If or when Christ is on the throne of David, David is not.

Okay, I thought you meant that "the question" pertained to David ruling instead of Christ. Still, all I asked was...

So...David...who was dead when this was written...David will never have any rule in Israel again?

"any rule"... I never inferred that David would be "THE" ruler; however, he will have some type of ruling authority. All that I can see is that you're wanting to argue this point...and you're the one who brought it up. All I asked was if your position is that David won't have "any rule" in Israel...along with several other points that you still haven't responded to.

I agree that David won't be "THE" ruler, but are you saying that David will never have any rule in Israel again? 

• Members

You still didn't answer the question, but that's okay.

7 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

He will not have a throne.

Neither will anyone else.

No one else will have a throne?

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:28-30
28   Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
29   And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30   That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Christ will be THE ruler; however, he will delegate his authority and allow others to rule with him...on thrones.

• Members
5 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I know this is said much too often, but, Scott, I believe the scriptures in what they say, not what I believe they say. (bold added by Pastor Scott Markle)

23 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

He will not have a throne. Neither will anyone else. Only God will. And Jesus Christ is the physical form of God. So Christ will rule from his throne like David did ages ago. (bold added by Pastor Scott Markle)

8 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:28-30
28   Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
29   And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30   That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

????????????

• Administrators

I've skimmed through this thread just now and found just what I, sadly, expected to see. GP - watch your attitude. Many of your comments have been dismissive and smart-alecky.That is not to continue. Period. 

And let it be herewith known: just because one of us might not like a question about the Bible does not make it "fatuous." Be mature and simply answer the question, without unnecessary appellation. 

Here's another "f" word that seems to be going on on a couple folks' part: "fractious."  Enough already.

• Members
On 11/11/2015, 14:51:02, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother "Invicta,"

I notice that in such discussions as this, you like to bring forward the above verse - John 18:36

Concerning this verse I wish to ask you a question -- What is the meaning of the word "now" in the closing line of John 18:36?

Brother Scott

I have not been available for a while however I am now.

Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews?
34  Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
35  Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37  Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

The Jews handed over Jesus to the Romans saying he claimed to be a king. 

Jesus said , My kingdom is not of this world:(It is a spiritual kingdom)  if my kingdom were of this world,(Which is not) then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now (at this present time)  is my kingdom not from hence.(It is exists but is not of this world.it is a spiritual kingdom.)

Pilate knew Jesus was a king. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King?  He knew, and wrote above the cross .JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. 21  Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews.
22  Pilate answered, What I have written I have written. JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.20  This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.21  Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews. 22  Pilate answered, What I have written I have written.

But Jesus' kingdoms is a spiritual kingdom, not of this world,.Seeing as somebody brought up Daniel, let's look up a couple of his other prophecies, 

Dan 2:44  And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. 45  Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Jesus set up his Kingdom in the days of the Roman kings and when He returns with his saints He His Kingdom will break in pieces all the previous kingdoms. At that time, Dan 7:18  But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. Not just for 1,000 years but for ever and ever. 

Edited by Invicta

• Members
1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

????????????

Can you define regeneration?

I am in it. Aren't you?

Yet there are no 12 tribes being ruled by the disciples.

Maybe another thing is being taught by the Lord?

Yes. The disciples are 'ruling' over the saved and elect children of God as witnesses for all ages to see. You know, the Israel of God, that are all the saved?

Sound silly to you?

It doesn't to me.