• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rewards & Gifts

• Members

I know people will say this is the 'kingdom age' stuff, but look at it - the Lord said in chapter 19 verse 29 that they shall "inherit everlasting life" - that is eternity folks.

1  For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.

2  And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.

3  And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

4  And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.

5  Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

6  And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

7  They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right,that shall ye receive.

8  So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

9  And when they came thatwere hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

10  But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

11  And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12  Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13  But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14  Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15  Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

16  So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Once again we are all equal.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
4 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Do you believe that the Christian that skips church 50 weeks of the year and never witnesses to anyone in his lifetime will be rewarded the same as Peter James and John?

No. Because a real believer will not do that.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Why would you expect more? The Lord gave us eternal life - why would you add more than that?

Because you and others are looking for a way to make you look more valuable than a 'weak brother'.

"Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations."

Just because someone is not as dedicated as some just equals - (the way the Lord told us) - some 30, some 60, some 100...

Eric there is also the 'reasoning' about people 'calling upon the name of the Lord' to BE saved.

When the word of God says clearly contrary to that thoughtline with these verses from Matthew 7 - 

20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Members
9 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Why would you expect more? The Lord gave us eternal life - why would you add more than that?

Because you and others are looking for a way to make you look more valuable than a 'weak brother'.

"Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations."

Just because someone is not as dedicated as some just equals - (the way the Lord told us) - some 30, some 60, some 100...

Eric there is also the 'reasoning' about people 'calling upon the name of the Lord' to BE saved.

When the word of God says clearly contrary to that thoughtline with these verses from Matthew 7 - 

20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Do you believe that a true Christian can't backslide or fall into carnality? I know some people that have fallen away and come back.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 teaches that a Christian can lose their rewards but not their salvation!

10 hours ago, Invicta said:

Possibly such a person is not a christian.

We don't know the heart of a person but some true Christians have fallen into sin. Do you believe they will receive the same rewards as Peter , James, And John?

• Members
14 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

So the test of a "real believer" is his works?

Let's figure out then exactly how much sin is acceptable in a man's life before he is "not a real believer".

Is any sin acceptable, or is sinless perfection the standard?

Is lying ok, but not murder?

Or is it ok to sin on Monday Wednesday and Thursday but not the other days?

Or is 49 weeks of sin is ok, but not 50??????

• Members
12 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Do you believe that a true Christian can't backslide or fall into carnality? I know some people that have fallen away and come back.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 teaches that a Christian can lose their rewards but not their salvation!

We don't know the heart of a person but some true Christians have fallen into sin. Do you believe they will receive the same rewards as Peter , James, And John?

Your example was very severe for someone who would profess to be a Christian. As such, that shows zero % conversion.

6 hours ago, DaveW said:

So the test of a "real believer" is his works?

Let's figure out then exactly how much sin is acceptable in a man's life before he is "not a real believer".

Is any sin acceptable, or is sinless perfection the standard?

Is lying ok, but not murder?

Or is it ok to sin on Monday Wednesday and Thursday but not the other days?

Or is 49 weeks of sin is ok, but not 50??????

No, the test is his testimony of life. A Christian lives like a Christian, not like a lost person - lost people never act like Christ. So if a 'believer' never acts like a believer, what difference will his testimony do to show him saved? Nothing - there is no testimony. No fruit. No conversion. 

And just what part of knowing someone by their fruits don't you understand?

I was a carpenter for about 20 years. I have seen many different men in their chosen trades. Each claiming he was a painter, or drywall finisher, a cabinet installer, etc. But not one time did they claim to be those professions without the 'fruit' to prove their claim. They had previous training and jobs completed to show evidence they were what they claimed to be. The same goes for a converted lost soul - they are become a new creature, and have evidence of such conversion.

This is not a works salvation Dave, so don't even bother going there. We all know better.

• Members
3 hours ago, DaveW said:

I fully understand knowing by fruit, but tgat is not what was said.

GP believes a lot of weird stuff, and it needed to be clarified........

Just what are you clarifying?

1 hour ago, Eric Stahl said:

Genevanpreacher

If the first shall be last and the last shall be first, they will not be equal.

Eric? What do you think the scriptures are saying there then? The Lord's whole subject is on his equality of payment to the laborers! 

You both are sadly humorous, I find it too hard to believe your serious answers - but I shall not overly concern myself with your sanity.

Goodnight.

• Members

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold,some sixty, some thirty.

Luke 19:16-26 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 for I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:23 wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

• Members
1 hour ago, John Young said:

Luke 19:16-26 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. 18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. 20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 for I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:23 wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? 24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. 25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

You need also verse -

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

This whole quote you chose was because they thought their view of what God's kingdom was going to be, was gonna suddenly start.

Has nothing to do with 'heavenly rewards' nor eternity. But a showing that there will be 'history' to live through til his kingdom would start. And how they and us will be blessed or not til then in our service to him.

Hence - you also should've finished with -

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

When he reigns while we live out our lives here on earth.

Not in eternity.

• Members
On 9/26/2016 at 8:22 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Genevanpreacher

If the first shall be last and the last shall be first, they will not be equal.

Read this one again Eric -

14  Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

They all agreed to work for the same Lord for the same pay. 

He equally rewarded all.