• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rewards & Gifts

• Members
8 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Well, the way I see it in regard to the scripture that you've referred to is this...there's nothing denoting that these are separate judgments with different time-frames, nor is there anything denoting that these judgments happen at the same time.

Yes, except the word is judgement, not judgements.

Any other observations?

And, as Wretched pointed out before, this verse -

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" Heb. 9:27.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
7 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Yes, except the word is judgement, not judgements.

Any other observations?

And, as Wretched pointed out before, this verse -

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" Heb. 9:27.

It is quite clear that all will face one judgment but it is also quite clear that each type of person is judged under different criteria and verdict and each judgment is named by God accordingly. Still one judgment per person but two types of judgments. Whether this judgment occurs consecutively or all together is irrelevant. The point however is that all will be judged by Christ (the vast majority for condemnation according to their works) and the comparative handful for reward according to their works.  

Based on the context and mention of tears after the Great White Throne, I would lean toward consecutive with the saved being judged first. That is when the crying starts and the tears will continue to flow until after the lost are done and in the lake of fire and our Lord Graciously wipes away our tears forever. The reason the tears continue to flow through the lost's judgment is because of our deliberate failure to warn everyone we ever knew in our life down here. We will remember that we didn't have the nerve; didn't take the time (after all, it is baseball and football season), didn't pray and fast for them; didn't want to be persecuted for the name of Christ, etc... I suspect it will be emotionally devastating for nearly all of the saved as we watch them cast one by one into the lake of fire. Oh and I suspect they will see us there too. No problem though, we can always "mouth" SORRY to them as they are cast down. After all, the rich man saw Lazarus and Abraham in paradise while he burned in hell. It could take millions of what we once called years at this event but there won't be time anymore so I doubt it will be a tight shed-u-al.

But you go on thinking in your flesh that God hand picks the saved and it has nothing to do with you.

• Members
5 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Yes, it says that Christ will execute judgment. There's nothing denoting whether it's a singular one-time judgment or if he judges more than one thing...it just says that he will execute judgment. 

Heb 9:27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Jude 1:6  And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

That great day is also called the last day John 12:48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

There was also a first day mentioned  In Genesis 1:1-5 God tells us what happened on the first day. Before that I believe there was only eternity.

We are also told what ls will happen on the last day. 

John 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:54  Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus must have preached this often as Martha said

John 11:24  Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
There can only be one last day as there was only one first day. After that there can only be eternity.