• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Need Help Selecting the perfect bible

• Members

So I need help selecting the perfect bible. I've been looking but haven't found my one yet. I want it to be sturdy, large, normal sized print. Not the really tiny print. Words of god in red. I would really like to have the reference topics in the back but I would be ok if someone knew of a bible topics book separate I'd really appreaciate it, please when you reply send link too. 

• Members

I just recently saw a KJV Sword Study Bible.  It had large print, notations in the margins (word meanings explained)  I didn't have a lot of time so I didn't really get a chance to look it over to see what other goodies it might have.  I did read that this particular Bible has the words of God in red in both Testaments, which is something I've never seen.

• Members

I just recently saw a KJV Sword Study Bible.  It had large print, notations in the margins (word meanings explained)  I didn't have a lot of time so I didn't really get a chance to look it over to see what other goodies it might have.  I did read that this particular Bible has the words of God in red in both Testaments, which is something I've never seen.

The whole bible is the word of God

• Members

My wife has the KJV Study Bible that's put out by Thomas Nelson that meets all of your specifications and I've seen enough of the notes that I generally trust them. I say generally because I haven't read them all and can't say with certainty that there's not a weird one-off note in there somewhere. However, I do know one of the guys that worked on it and he is a sound theologian.

• Members

Birdlover, there are a variety of "giant print" and "large print" bible available at Christianbook.com  Here's a link (you asked for links):http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntt=giant+print+bible+kjv&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCG&nav_search=1&cms=1

I have bought many books and gift bibles there, and their prices are generally better than other book stores I know of. 

I forgot to add... they also have reference bibles in giant print and large print as well.  

• Members

So I got a bible that I really like. Its perfect for me except that it doesn't have a topic guide. I know I can always look up my "topic" online for bible references, but I'd like to have a physical topic guide to keep in my bible case for when I need guidence. Does anyone know of a topics book that is sold seperatly for a bible? For anyone who doesn't know what I mean, I use to have a teen study bible and in the back I could look up any word for example, fear, and it would give me a list of bible verses to help conquer fear, or anything I might be feeling. I have a bit of a struggle finding what I need in my bible and would like a help guide to my bible. Do they make anything like that? This is a site I use often, but would like something like this in hard copy. http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses/ 

• Administrators

Cambridge prints a normal size bible that I have used since 1976.....yes, the same bible since 1976. I use it hard and often and have had it rebound once. What I liked most about this bible is that it has a normal font that is bold. It was too hard trying to use the normal font found in most bibles because it is too small, but this bold font is just the ticket without having to go to large print, which I don't like.many large print bibles have to increase the actual size of the bible to accommodate the large print.

You can find the Cambridge bibles in most religious book stores, go look at one and you will see what I mean about how it makes the reading a lot easier on the eyes.