• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My brother David

• Members

David is in hospital after several strokes - & expected to die in a day or so.

He is in Southampton 70 miles away, he's never trusted Christ & had a mocking attitude to me - often quoting the school RE teacher who questioned all the basic Bible teaching from a modernist position.

• Members

my heart weeps with yours I have a younger brother whom may go at any moment, my tears in prayer have not ceased for his salvation my heart is weak in pain yet I know when I cry out to my Lord and savior my only hope is may His will be done.

Praying for you brothers salvation, and may the Lord comfort you brother with His wonderful peace.

God bless

Edited by EKSmith

• Members

Thanks for prayer - we saw him this afternoon - he looks stable, his left hand was functioning, but the right looked useless. I was able to read & remind him of the Gospel, & pray with him. 

I don't know what to expect in the way of recovery - pray that he will be at peace with God. 

His wife, grandson & our sister were at the hospital. We don't meet very often - a 150 mile round trip is a lot for me. 

I think most of us have families we are concerned about. 

We were scheduled to look after our grandson Michael (2 1/2) today - they've move 120 miles away.They came & we played with him, I cuddled Alexandra (1 month) & quietened her by singing "There's a friend for little children." My son's RC wife Jola is open to such low key witnessing.

May we have a blessed & encouraging Lord's Day.

• Administrators

Ian, I will certainly be in prayer about this situation and ask for church prayer tomorrow, both for your brother's health and especially for his salvation. I am sure that he has had adequate witness in the form of his brother. Let's all just pray that that witness will have sown the seed that will lead him into our Saviors loving arms.

Edited by Jim_Alaska
spelling

• Members

David's son reported a slight improvement in his basic condition - breathing easier & both eyes opening, but now the hospital considers that there is no hope of any normal life. At best he will be bed-ridden & totally dependent for everything. They expect his heart to give out, so will give basic care but not medical treatment.

Please continue to pray for his salvation, as presumably his mind is active. Dying is still living.