• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Scientific Facts in the Bible.

• Members

Amen, edifying study. The precise placement of earth was no accident. Even the other planets God made are necessary for earth to be stabilized in it's precise placement. If different size planets were in orbit, the stabilization for earth could not be.
Every thing God made has a precise purpose, whether we fully understand it or not. Even the earth's precise tilt on it's axis (23.5) is important for life. The molten core,and outer layers with metallic components of earth is also important for our magnetic field, without that the earth would not have a shield for the radiation of the sun.
There are so many variables which, if they were not in precise place, would prohibit life on earth.
The odds of any one of these variables happening by chance are (pardon my pun) astronomical. 

Yet most people go about their day to day lives without a thought as to the facts about the design and precise placement... they just take it for granted. Worse yet, they refuse to see the precise intelligent design, much more intelligent than ANY mere human could ever possess.  
So many false religions started out by worshiping the sun or the moon... these objects didn't create themselves... much less all other things in heaven and earth.

• Members
8 hours ago, Ronda said:

Amen, edifying study. The precise placement of earth was no accident. Even the other planets God made are necessary for earth to be stabilized in it's precise placement. If different size planets were in orbit, the stabilization for earth could not be.
Every thing God made has a precise purpose, whether we fully understand it or not. Even the earth's precise tilt on it's axis (23.5) is important for life. The molten core,and outer layers with metallic components of earth is also important for our magnetic field, without that the earth would not have a shield for the radiation of the sun.
There are so many variables which, if they were not in precise place, would prohibit life on earth.

All of the above facts listed by Ronda are correct. The orbits of the planets are detemined by the Sun, the mass of the other planets, the alignment of the other planets, and other factors as speed, and the mass of the earth. There is no life on the other planets as God did not form them for life. Only the Earth has all the attritubes for the sustenance for life.

Every planet, every Sun (Star), is an seperate entity that is identifiable, or verifiable, by scientific factors. Again, only the Holy Spirit could have inspired Paul the Apostle to write 1 Corinthians 15:41 as he did. Furthermore, the scriptures are always scientific accurate in every realm of scientific discipline. The evolutionist is making his false beliefs on the creation of the universe on false asssumptions and 'rudimentary' knowledge.

Alan

Edited by Alan
forgot a word

• Members

"Differences in Stars"

"Variable Star V838 Monocerotis"

Variable Star  V838 Monoceotis.jpg

NASA, and the scientific community, is still puzzled over the differences in the Variable Star V838 called Monocerotis. The differences between the size and behavior from our Sun, and the host of other stars, is a classic example of how the stars are different from one another.

"The heavens declare the glory of God:

and the firmament sheweth his handiwork."

Psalm 19:1

Edited by Alan
re-upload photo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I am thinking of posting another subject soon. There are two things I want to seek any information from anybody.  

1. If there are any questions concerning any of the previous subjects, or items you want to comment on, please do so.

2. Sometimes there is a verse in the Bible that deals with a scientific fact that a person is not sure what it means, or, possibly it has raised a question mark in your thoughts concerning the accuracy in the scriptures. If you would like to bring it up for discussion, as long it deals with a scientific discipline and not a doctrinal issue, or something applicable in another thread, please let us know. If I do not know the answer maybe somebody else does.

Alan  :lol:  

• Members

Very good study brother Alan! I can attest to the wind having weight. I used to call myself a "walking human barometer" Now I am just a "human barometer", lol. Most often I know if it's going to rain within 24 hours better than the meteorologists on the local news. My Mom used to plan things outside for the weekends (way back when everyone was healthy, etc) and she would say "come over tomorrow, we are going to grill out" and I'd say "I'll be glad to come over, but maybe you better rethink the grilling out part". I could feel it was going to rain in my body, especially my limbs. Now I can still feel it in my body (especially my spine) but now it hurts a lot more than it used to. My neurologist said it was the change in the weight of the air (the barometer).  Of course Job knew that all along! And I don't need my body "proof" to tell me that God's word is true. Nor do I need scientific data to "prove" God's word either. But it is neat to see it's evidence to the world given in facts of barometric pressure to support Job 28:25 :) 

• Members

Sorry to post another right after, but just thought of another scientific Biblical fact. It was only a century or so ago that medical science figured out that "bleeding" people would kill them! (or maybe this would be in the realm of biology... but I guess that IS medical science, lol)
Anyways... all those years of "bleeding" people (so many died from it...) and all they would have had to do was take Leviticus 17:11 at literal value!!! "For the life of the flesh is in the blood..." and Leviticus 17:14 "For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof..."

Edited by Ronda
Bible verse quote

• Members

Brethren,

I am very happy that so many people liked the lesson! Being able to be a blessing to others is always a joy to any Christians heart. The Apostle Paul gave this testimony, "I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35

3 hours ago, Ronda said:

Sorry to post another right after, but just thought of another scientific Biblical fact. It was only a century or so ago that medical science figured out that "bleeding" people would kill them! (or maybe this would be in the realm of biology... but I guess that IS medical science, lol)
Anyways... all those years of "bleeding" people (so many died from it...) and all they would have had to do was take Leviticus 17:11 at literal value!!! "For the life of the flesh is in the blood..." and Leviticus 17:14 "For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof..."

Ronda,

We do not mind you posting twice as both posts were worthy to be read. You are correct; Medical Science is a field of science, and other fields of science, such as Archeology,  are worthy of our attention.

Previously, Uklulemike stated this fact:

On 9/21/2015 at 7:36 AM, Ukulelemike said:

Well, the science of archaeology has certainly proved out the veracity of the Bible more times than we can count.

Senaccherib's Prism verified the reign of Hezekiah and Senaccherib's attack on Jerusalem

Biblical places and peoples thought to have been myths have been found, like Ur, Assyria, Gath, Siloam, Bethesda, Golgotha.

And many others.

Alan

• Members

I'm not very knowledgeable about scientific things though I find it all fascinating...especially from a scriptural perspective.  Lately, I've been curious about the sun.  How come it doesn't just "burn up"?  God created it for "the light that rules the day",  and so it will be there for the time God has appointed it to be...but I am curious as to how it does not consume itself.