• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Scientific Facts in the Bible.

• Members

There are many principles of God's word that are evidenced today and counted on by the entire globe.  One of them is the properties of light.  The speed of light has been determined to be 186,000 miles per second. When God said "Let there be light"  it is followed by the words "and there was light" Genesis 1:3. Given all the principles that are present each day to keep this world going, it would be a real stretch to use this verse and come to the conclusion that God took thousands of years for creation.  Lets take God at His word. It is His "universe" ( one word)

• Members

2ndTimothy,

Thank you very much for the short lesson on the creative act of God and the speed of light as recorded in Genesis 1:3

If you would like to expand on that subject, or another one, please do so.

Alan

Ronda,

Thank you very much for your thoughts. We always enjoy your discussions.

Alan 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

“Is not God in the height of heaven? And behold the height of the stars, how high they are!”

Job 22:12.

The Immense Height or Distance of the Stars

The Book of Job is the oldest book of the Bible. The events of the Book of Job approximately 1520 B.C. Only God could have revealed the following information concerning the earth, our solar system and the universe as recorded in the Book of Job.

Eliphaz the Temanite one of the three friends of Job, said, This statement is a scientifically accurate fact.

The closest star, or actually a group of three stars, is, “Proxima Centauri.” Proxima Centauri was discovered in 1915 by Robert Innes, using a telescope. It took the scientific world from 1520 B. C. to 1915 A. D. to discover that the scientific statements concerning the immense height, or distance, of the stars from the earth, is scientifically correct.

Scientists use the stellar parallax method and the measurements obtained from the Hipparcos satellite to calculate the distance from the Sun to the Stars. Due to the immense distances involved, all calculations are derived from the Sun and not the earth.

“Proxima Centauri,” is approximately 4.24 light years from the Sun. There are 13 different calculations performed in order to calculate this distance. Using our fastest spacecraft it would take 78,000 years to reach Proxima Centauri.

Scientists can only calculate the approximate distance of the closest stars. Even in our modern age, scientists do not know the exact distance of the distant stars. Nor do they agree how to measure the distant stars. Neither scientific instruments nor mathematical calculations can accurately measure the distance of the very distant stars.

The mathematical calculations to measure the distance to the stars is very complex and not easily understood.

The statement in the Book of Job, “Is not God in the height of heaven? And behold the height of the stars, how high they are!” is a scientifically accurate and verifiable statement.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork.” Psalm 19:1

“Is not God in the height of heaven?”

God dwells in heaven and heaven is separate, and above, the universe. Both the Russian consonants and the American Astronauts have verified that, “God does not dwell in outer space but, “In the height of heaven.”

Russian Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin

• I looked and looked but I didn't see God.
    • As quoted in To Rise from Earth (1996) by Wayne Lee; some websites quote him as saying "I looked and looked and looked but I didn't see God." on 14 April 1961, a couple days after his historic flight, but the authenticity of such statements have been disputed; Colonel Valentin Petrov stated in 2006 that the cosmonaut never said such words, and that the quote originated from Nikita Khrushchev's speech at the plenum of the Central Committee of the CPSU about the state's anti-religion campaign, saying "Gagarin flew into space, but didn't see any god there." Gagarin himself was a member of the Russian Orthodox Church.
    • Variant: No I didn't see God. I looked and looked but I didn't see God.

Either way, Yuri Gagarin did not see God and the Russian Premier Nikita Khrushchev confirmed that God was not there.

In the numerous American space flights none of the American astronauts, whether Christian or atheist has seen God in outer space. Thereby, confirming, that God is not in outer space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I decided to re-open, and continue, the studies on, "Scientific Facts in the Bible."

I will delay the next lesson for a day or two in order to allow any discussions or comments on previous lessons.

I also want to remind all of the my statement that I made on November 4, 2015. Please see the comment below.

On ‎2015‎年‎11‎月‎4‎日 at 6:21 PM, Alan said:

I purposely entitled this thread, "Scientific Facts in the Bible," so that anybody who had a scientific fact, supported by a scripture reference, could put forth his own topic for discussion. And, any discussion on any of the topics already listed is still open to discussion.

Looking forward to some good discussions! :D

Alan 

Edited by Alan
date

• Members
5 hours ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

I decided to re-open, and continue, the studies on, "Scientific Facts in the Bible."

I will delay the next lesson for a day or two in order to allow any discussions or comments on previous lessons.

I also want to remind all of the my statement that I made on November 4, 2015. Please see the comment below.

Looking forward to some good discussions! :D

Alan 

Thanks Alan, How are you?

I take it you are safe after the earthquake?

• Members

We are fine.

We were in our apartment at the church when the earthquake struck and were awakened, but no damage was done to our building. Our church is a three-story concrete structure (most homes, churches, and other buildings on Taiwan are concrete). Our city, Hua Lien, is app. 100 miles from Tainan where the epicenter was located and most of the damage occured.  As of this morning 29 souls perished and more are expected.

Thank you for your concern.

Alan

• Members
7 hours ago, John81 said:

This reminds me of the first time I read scientists had learned stars "sing" and they all have a unique "song".

Indeed the heavens declare the glory of God! In so many ways that only the blind or wise in themselves could miss it.

Thank you for bringing out this unique aspect of the Sun.

Here is a link to a article from Stanford Univeristy concerning the 'singing' of the Sun: http://solar-center.stanford.edu/singing/singing.html#sing

• Members

Brethren,

Through the courtesy of the NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center, and their, "Solar Dynamic Observatory (SDO)," the following video of an eruption of a solar flare that occured on July 19, 2012, is uploaded for your enjoyment and to compliment this lesson. :grouphug: Please notice that from 1:06 to 1:23 into the video there is a small animated "Earth" globe on the upper right hand side to give a size comparison of the solar flare and the size of the earth.

The differences in glory of all the stars, as written by the inspiration of Paul the apostle in 1 Corinthians 15:41 is wonderous to behold. Can you just imagine what an eruption on a Blue Giant Star would be like? How about an eruption on a White Dwarf star? Wow!!!!  :sign0200:

"Fiery Looping Rain on the Sun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFT7ATLQQx8

Edited by Alan
spelling get to just