• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pure Flix

• Members

Anyone know more about this or has actually seen this?

This month Pure Flix, a Christian movie film company, has launched its own version of Netflix for Christian movie audiences. Pure Flix is taking the lead in serving the faith-based and family friendly content niche, currently streaming more than 2,000 faith and family movies, inspirational titles, TV shows, documentaries and biblically based educational programs.

Pure Flix will exclusively offer many of the Pure Flix titles (75+) including Do You Believe?, Old Fashioned, Jerusalem Countdown, as well as theatrical features, and production of original episodic programming. The platform will also feature a channel focused on spiritual growth content including Bible-based teaching and sermons.

• Members

I'm glad you posted this. We haven't had outside t.v. reception for years (cable, satellite, or aerial). Our total experience is either Netflix, DVDs from the local library, or an occasional Redbox movie. After a little over a year of Netflix the material worthy of viewing is getting pretty scant.

I started looking into Pure Flix last night and it looks like it has potential. My wife will look into it today and we will discuss. I really dislike spending money on something I use as little as the T.V., but there are some days, especially after a long hard day, that I only feel like vegging in front of the screen.

Isn't it a shame that we have to work so hard to find a service that offers only morally clean content? You would think that every parent would want to have nothing less for their children (not to mention for themselves). We certainly have witnessed a steep decline in values over the past 50 years.

• Members

In many areas there are now hundreds of channels but maybe only a few programs on three or four channels worth watching. Worse yet, the companies make you pay for all those channels in order to get the few channels you do want!

It's sad that most parents don't pay much attention to what their children watch. They often think back years ago of the mostly safer programs on Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, or maybe even SyFy (which was SciFi back then), or TVLand. They fail to look at today's content which has drastically changed away from where they began. It's amazing how bad some of the filth shown on these channels can be now.

And ABC Family sounds like a nice safe channel, and I remember thinking that when it first became available here, but many of the programs and movies they play are NOT family safe.

These stations start out promising something and then quickly move away from that once they have built up a large following.

I would like to hear more about PureFlix when you know more about it.

• Members

3 or 4 channels.  As many as that?  I often find that there is nothing to watch except the news.  My wife likes the evening news especially the local news although she usually falls asleep during it.

• Members

3 or 4 channels.  As many as that?  I often find that there is nothing to watch except the news.  My wife likes the evening news especially the local news although she usually falls asleep during it.

There are only 3 or 4 channels that *sometimes* have something on good enough to watch. Most of the programs on those channels are not good.

We don't watch much TV as there isn't much on worth watching. We catch some news and weather. If a decent show or movie happens to be on at a time when we can watch we will sometimes watch that.