• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tablets

• Members

Last year a couple people recommended Nextbook tablets from WalMart when I was thinking of getting a tablet for my son and/or wife. I remember reading up on them and they got mostly good reviews and high marks.

Question: If Rosie had a difficult time with both the Kindle and her phone not working good where she lives, would a Nextbook or iPad be sure to work better there?

• Members

Agreed, John81. 

It seems that the problem may not be in the device, but with the ISP.

Agreed.  I know someone who has an Ipad, and couldn't get online with it, not even with telephone help from his ISP.  I thought it was his age (89 at the time) But he changed his ISP and had no trouble after that.

I have had a Samsung Galaxy tablet and found them easy to use with a good number of apps and much cheaper than an Ipad.  At present I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8" which I find very good.  You can use it for Kindle books an books from Chrome store.  And various bible study apps.  

• Members

thanks for the responses. I will check them all out

I just don't know... I read about the ipadair 2 yesterday and it said they have the power of a computer or laptop not sure which one so i pray it works... i have reservations about getting one for this reason as i had a smart phone n it wouldn 't work where i live... 

• Members

I looked for memory, above all.  I participate in many forums online, so I have to have several tabs open simultaneously. (16 at present)  As well, i also looked for a tablet that could assist in producing videos from home.  The iPad seemed to be the best choice to fit those needs.