• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

windows 10

• Members

I just got the new windows 10 installed on my wife's laptop ,its very fast and the start button is very nice to have back, it has some new Apps and if you have AMD there's a new upgrade that has very good graphics , I haven't had a lot of time to spend with it yet but like so far.

Anyone else got Win 10 and what do you think, any problems etc.

God Bless

• Members

I have tried about 20 times to upgrade to Windows 10 without success.

I keep getting a error after it takes hours to download.  Error 0x80070003.  (sometimes 0x80070057)  I follow the steps to resolve the problem, restart the computer and the update, only to run into the same problem.

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.  LoL

Linda was able to download and install it on her PC with no problems.

• Members

Unfortunately that's the trend, which a few raised a fuss about when Google started doing it some time back, but the complaints quickly faded away and most people just accepted it.

Sad to say but the idea of personal privacy isn't as cherished as it once was. Most folks seem either resigned to having their personal privacy violated, or are outright okay with it.

We saw this with the debate over the communist Stasi-like gathering of citizens personal and private matters by the NSA. A few were outraged at the government intrusion upon private citizens personal information but the majority either didn't care or were all for it.

• Administrators

The real insidious part of this invasion of privacy thing is that most think: "But I'm not doing anything wrong, so what if the government knows?"  The insidious part is that what is ok today may very well be illegal, or get you thrown in prison in the future.

Laws change daily and new laws crop up depending on who is offended by what. Oh, and don't forget "executive orders" from a president who cares nothing about our constitution or freedoms.  :angry:

• Members

Those who have already installed Windows 10, make sure you disable "Wi-Fi Sense".  Having it on allows people on your Contact lists, i.e.; email contacts, to connect to your network from outside if they are in your neighborhood.

where do I do this at? 

I upgraded a few days ago.  I don't like having to look for stuff I used to know right where to go. I use google chrome with it, not Edge.

• Members

Go to start settings... Network and Internet... Scroll down to Wi-fi settings ...click manage Wi-Fi Settings .. Turn off connect to suggested open hotspots... Turn off connect to network shared by my contacts.

thanks for the info brother,

God bless

• Members

The real insidious part of this invasion of privacy thing is that most think: "But I'm not doing anything wrong, so what if the government knows?"  The insidious part is that what is ok today may very well be illegal, or get you thrown in prison in the future.

Laws change daily and new laws crop up depending on who is offended by what. Oh, and don't forget "executive orders" from a president what cares nothing about our constitution or freedoms.  :angry:

Amen

I have tried about 20 times to upgrade to Windows 10 without success.

I keep getting a error after it takes hours to download.  Error 0x80070003.  (sometimes 0x80070057)  I follow the steps to resolve the problem, restart the computer and the update, only to run into the same problem.

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.  LoL

Linda was able to download and install it on her PC with no problems.

I've read that MS is suppose to have a hot fix for this problem, you may be able to check your updates and find and install it, if you go to MS techs you'll be wasting your time, try Tomshardware if I remember correct this is where I read about these error codes and the hot fix download, I hope this will help you out brother

God Bless

• Members

After the problems I encountered trying to upgrade from 7 to 8 on this computer I'm hesitant to think of upgrading. However, I am considering purchasing a new computer which I would like to have Windows 10 if I do.

brother if you've got 8.1 you should get the download free, check your updates and you should find it there .when you install the update it will install a icon on your screen ,click on it and it will check your system to see if it is capable to run 10 If it is MS will send you the download. But if your computers older then two years you may won't to look into buying a new one, its sad the money we spend on these things they should be made to last longer then two years,

God bless brother