• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Judgment of Babylon

• Members

The Judgment of Babylon

Zechariah 2:6-7 America is the daughter of Babylon now because this is where 66% of the Jews outside of Israel are located now that the Russian Jews are going home. America will be political Babylon which is destroyed during the great earthquake in Revelation 16:17-19. Mystery Babylon is the apostate church that remains after the rapture of the born again Christians. The fear of the people will give the church power over the politicians till the antichrist takes over in Revelation chapter 17.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've heard of some that believe in a literal rebuilding of ancient Babylon.  Some would conjecture that the real "mother load" of petroleum is beneath "Babylon" and that it was formed as the burial place of the Garden of Eden.  Technology will lead to this discovery, and oil prices will plummet worldwide as a result.  Of course, all this places the Tribulation in the somewhat distant "future".

• Members

I've heard of some that believe in a literal rebuilding of ancient Babylon.  Some would conjecture that the real "mother load" of petroleum is beneath "Babylon" and that it was formed as the burial place of the Garden of Eden.  Technology will lead to this discovery, and oil prices will plummet worldwide as a result.  Of course, all this places the Tribulation in the somewhat distant "future".

"I've heard,"   'Some would.'  'Technology will.'  'oil prices will '  

Building your theology on hearsay.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

The teaching of the rebuilding of Babylon was very popular for a time when Saddam Husein was in power and trying to rebuild Babylon. Many prophecy preachers were pointing to Saddam and his attempts to rebuild Babylon as proof of Bible prophecy being fulfilled. Some even predicted a resurrection of a Babylonian Empire under Saddam.

The President Bush the Second decided to do away with Saddam, Iraq fell apart, Babylon was left in the dust, and those prophecy preachers had to come up with some new stories to tell and force into some Bible prophecy of their choosing.

• Members

The Judgment of Babylon

Zechariah 2:6-7 America is the daughter of Babylon now because this is where 66% of the Jews outside of Israel are located now that the Russian Jews are going home. America will be political Babylon which is destroyed during the great earthquake in Revelation 16:17-19. Mystery Babylon is the apostate church that remains after the rapture of the born again Christians. The fear of the people will give the church power over the politicians till the antichrist takes over in Revelation chapter 17.

When I click the link "16:17" in Eric's post I'm sent to youtube and this video beings to play at 16 minutes and 17 seconds.

• Members

Wow, Eric, can't you see what you are promoting?

Guessing what 'little tiny bits of verses that say very obscure statements' means, is a full time job for you. Don't you have some serious Bible reading to do or what?

Reminds me of the movie "Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson. Taking little bits and pieces of info and creating fictional 'conspiracies', that really are only believed by people wanting something exciting to 'think on'.

Entertainment with no roots in scripture other than 'reading between the lines'.