• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Godliness VS Worldliness

• Members

Godliness VS Worldliness, Holiness VS Ungodly or Worldly or Carnal, Obedience VS Grace (heretical form of grace which is not God's grace, but rather fleshly indulgence)..Laying up treasures in Heaven VS Loving the things of the world.....

I wonder how this will go over here.  Most Christians I have encountered are living according to heretical teachings of God's grace which is not God's grace at all.  They excuse themselves for personal indulgences of ungodly things claiming that God's grace makes it ok.

There is nothing holy or Godly about Bugs Bunny, but many Christians love Bugs Bunny and promote him as something good when he is nothing but wicked.  So what do you think?  Heaven forbid that we mention women in pants on stage leading the men as something worldly.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Godliness VS Worldliness, Holiness VS Ungodly or Worldly or Carnal, Obedience VS Grace (heretical form of grace which is not God's grace, but rather fleshly indulgence)..Laying up treasures in Heaven VS Loving the things of the world.....

I wonder how this will go over here.  Most Christians I have encountered are living according to heretical teachings of God's grace which is not God's grace at all.  They excuse themselves for personal indulgences of ungodly things claiming that God's grace makes it ok.

There is nothing holy or Godly about Bugs Bunny, but many Christians love Bugs Bunny and promote him as something good when he is nothing but wicked.  So what do you think?  Heaven forbid that we mention women in pants on stage leading the men as something worldly.

Whats even worse to me are what I call the apostate churches that seem to think that Gods grace is for the sinner the unsaved in the same way the grace is to the believer. Another words they are misreading because for instance Gods wrath is on the wicked every day.  That hasn't changed.  Grace to be alive and to get the message of the Gospel to hear the good news is there of course.  You should try reading up on the RCC and her harlots on what they think grace is they don't have the first clue in my opinion.  They include everyone that's alive in Gods grace as it applies to the believer in many cases.  It's very convoluted, misread, misunderstood and misused.  Grace is even applied as they work their way to Heaven ignoring what salvation really is Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

What does "alive in God's grace" mean?  What is Biblical about the term "alive in God's grace"?  I see that phrase nowhere in the Bible and don't understand what you mean by it.   The grace of God which brings salvation has appeared unto all men, (saved and lost) teaching us (who are saved) that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly, righteously in this present world....I understand God's grace as the reason for us to obey Him...how are you defining it?     I don't understand what you are saying about God's grace.  I'm not much interested in what RCC folks say about God's grace....they are lost and don't know what they are talking about to begin with.  Most Christians (or at least those who claim to be Christians...I have to wonder if they are saved when they believe God's grace makes their sin ok so they are automatically holy and they can indulge in worldly things with no fear of God)   today don't know what they are talking about when they talk about God's grace...do you know what you are talking about?

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

What does "alive in God's grace" mean?  What is Biblical about the term "alive in God's grace"?  I see that phrase nowhere in the Bible and don't understand what you mean by it.   The grace of God which brings salvation has appeared unto all men, (saved and lost) teaching us (who are saved) that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live soberly, righteously in this present world....I understand God's grace as the reason for us to obey Him...how are you defining it?     I don't understand what you are saying about God's grace.  I'm not much interested in what RCC folks say about God's grace....they are lost and don't know what they are talking about to begin with.  Most Christians (or at least those who claim to be Christians...I have to wonder if they are saved when they believe God's grace makes their sin ok so they are automatically holy and they can indulge in worldly things with no fear of God)   today don't know what they are talking about when they talk about God's grace...do you know what you are talking about?

I didn't say that.  I was addressing Rome AND her harlots.  misusing grace.  Some people aren't interested in people that are trapped. I guess I see things that way.  

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

I didn't say that.  I was addressing Rome AND her harlots.  misusing grace.  Some people aren't interested in people that are trapped. I guess I see things that way.  

Grace to be alive and to get the message of the Gospel to hear the good news is there of course.  You should try reading up on the RCC and her harlots on what they think grace is they don't have the first clue in my opinion.  They include everyone that's alive in Gods grace as it applies to the believer in many cases...."

You did say that, and I don't know what you mean when you are talking about "grace".  What I'm trying to get at is how many who appear or claim to be born again use "God's grace" as an excuse for worldly or carnal indulgences to enjoy ungodly things of the world.......

Usually when Christians today speak of being under God's grace, they are implying that God's grace excuses or covers their sin so they do not have to fear God and can do whatever they feel like doing......such as watching ungodly cartoons, or women dressing like men desiring male authority in things they do....

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Curious. Where does this come into Biblical discussion?

You deem Bugs Bunny as wicked?

Is 'slapstick' style humor wicked?

You could probably pick something a little bit more 'wicked' than that couldn't you?

I don't know of any Christians that focus on Bugs Bunny as being a role model at all. Nor do I find that Christians even mention Bugs Bunny anywhere.

I think false doctrine brings about wickedness in Christians, and that is the result of being 'weak' in spiritual strength, for lack of wisdom from the word of God.

Bugs Bunny, nor any other cartoon character, is not the problem - false teachings affect lives more than any type of entertainment.

• Members

You could probably pick something a little bit more 'wicked' than that couldn't you?

I don't know of any Christians that focus on Bugs Bunny as being a role model at all. Nor do I find that Christians even mention Bugs Bunny anywhere.

I think false doctrine brings about wickedness in Christians, and that is the result of being 'weak' in spiritual strength, for lack of wisdom from the word of God.

Bugs Bunny, nor any other cartoon character, is not the problem - false teachings affect lives more than any type of entertainment.

I hate television myself it's filled with sin.  There are a lot of things on youtube about hidden meanings etc.  TV being propaganda.  I just think its sin filled entertainment.  Tries to get you in there to look and listen to more.  They can keep their hidden meanings and symbols as if the sin on that thing weren't obvious enough to begin with.  I'm not surprised by any of it.  Come out from them and be separate and if television isn't the world I don't know what is.  I find youtube fascinating.  You can pick what you want to watch on just about anything you can learn stuff.  Learn how to farm you name it.  lol. Learn how to dig a well or install a toilet.  I don't like reading all that much anymore my eyes get strained and tired.  TV pretty much picks for me what it wants me to watch and I don't like that very much.  Little in the way of learning unless you like the circus lol which TV is to me pretty much its a waste of time and a futile pursuit.  There are better places.  I can find all kinds of preaching and soulwinning tips which has been very helpful.  Heck I can even get live church on there.   

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

You deem Bugs Bunny as godly?  you deem slapstick humor as godly?  I don't recall anything godly about The Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy, do you?  I think the problem is that most Christians today do not know the difference between Godly and worldly.  Bugs Bunny is nothing but worldly at best, wicked and carnal at worst.  Jesus called his own disciples "evil", and you think Bugs Bunny is better?  Please.....tell me more of your false doctrine in support of Bugs Bunny and slapstick humor.

I hate television myself it's filled with sin.  There are a lot of things on youtube about hidden meanings etc.  TV being propaganda.  I just think its sin filled entertainment.  Tries to get you in there to look and listen to more.  They can keep their hidden meanings and symbols as if the sin on that thing weren't obvious enough to begin with.  I'm not surprised by any of it.  Come out from them and be separate and if television isn't the world I don't know what is.  I find youtube fascinating.  You can pick what you want to watch on just about anything you can learn stuff.  Learn how to farm you name it.  lol. Learn how to dig a well or install a toilet.  I don't like reading all that much anymore my eyes get strained and tired.  TV pretty much picks for me what it wants me to watch and I don't like that very much.  Little in the way of learning unless you like the circus lol which TV is to me pretty much its a waste of time and a futile pursuit.  There are better places.  I can find all kinds of preaching and soulwinning tips which has been very helpful.  Heck I can even get live church on there.   

Excellent!!!   I tossed my tv when I finally got disgusted and gave up on trying to glean valuables out of Christian programs...and as soon as that idol was out of my house, it was like I did ten years of spring cleaning in one day.  You hit the nail on the head for the point I hope to pound in this thread.   I used to love all the old Looney Tunes characters, now I see them as nothing but worldly, ungodly, wicked wastes of a godly man's time.  One Baptist church I attended recently had a Pastor who loves Duck Dynasty.  He started talking about the show in his Sunday School lesson, and about the actors and what they do on and off the show, and then said something like "the more I talk about it, the more I think I should not like that show".  They are in the wine business for crying out loud.  If you promote that show, you are on both sides of the fence trying to serve God and promoting things that promote evil at the same time.  Come out from among them and be separate, and speak against women who claim to be Christians but think it's ok to dress like men and try to rule over them....and speak against Looney Tunes when you see Christians sucking it up through their ears and eyes....

DrPhilKiddMinistries.com broadcasts ever Sunday 15 mins past noon on webcast....they say it starts at noon, but it always starts ten or fifteen mins late, just enough time to get home from church.   I was watching Ray Comfort on the net today.  I don't agree with all of his stuff, but he is excellent in methods of reaching out in one on one encounters with lost people....and strong enough on the gospel and salvation.

• Members

"Potato Chip" wasn't agreeing with Catholics.

Never said he was, and I"m sure he appreciates your desire to protect him.  I simply didn't want to talk about Catholicism, I'm talking about Christians who think God's grace is an excuse for promoting things like Looney Tunes or women with pants and short hair in the pulpit.

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

I dunno lol.  Christian television.  I can't say enough about how that helped my decision along.  Asking me for money all the time telling me how I can make it big.  A lot of people like Ray Comfort some friends of mine have come across him or know him. To tell the the truth I like some of the IFB soulwinning youtubes.  I don't always agree with everything. But some of that soulwinning material is really good.  I thought about buying old Rays stuff at one time.  However being there with my soulwinning friends taught me a lot.  Chick Tracts is interesting.  There KJV only stuff is pretty good.  I'm not much for Christian entertainment big budget movies.  The youtube are good enough lots of stuff on there for free.  I stay away from all the conspiratorial things like the new world order.  Like its one big conspiracy Alex Jones things like that I ignore.  I don't know about any of that.  I figure sin is sin and well that includes witchcraft and all kinds of other sin.  There are witches, new age people, masons, gang people and everything else on the streets of the city I see enough of that.  I don't need to get fascinated with all of that.  Some people develop a fascination for all of that.  I see it as one soul or souls at a time.  I don't need to take on the whole world.   I just know the basics and if I have to talk about apologetics after I preach the good news well I may engage in a little light apologetics.  

I gave up on TV in about 2005 or so never looked back.  Watch a little news that's about it. It's sin filled and its disgusting to me anyway..

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

I dunno lol.  Christian television.  I can't say enough about how that helped my decision along.  Asking me for money all the time telling me how I can make it big.  A lot of people like Ray Comfort some friends of mine have come across him or know him. To tell the the truth I like some of the IFB soulwinning youtubes.  I don't always agree with everything. But some of that soulwinning material is really good.  I thought about buying old Rays stuff at one time.  However being there with my soulwinning friends taught me a lot.  Chick Tracts is interesting.  There KJV only stuff is pretty good.  I'm not much for Christian entertainment big budget movies.  The youtube are good enough lots of stuff on there for free.  I stay away from all the conspiratorial things like the new world order.  Like its one big conspiracy Alex Jones things like that I ignore.  I don't know about any of that.  I figure sin is sin and well that includes witchcraft and all kinds of other sin.  There are witches, new age people, masons, gang people and everything else on the streets of the city I see enough of that.  I don't need to get fascinated with all of that.  Some people develop a fascination for all of that.  I see it as one soul or souls at a time.  I don't need to take on the whole world.   I just know the basics and if I have to talk about apologetics after I preach the good news well I may engage in a little light apologetics.  

I gave up on TV in about 2005 or so never looked back.  Watch a little news that's about it. It's sin filled and its disgusting to me anyway..

sounds pretty godly and not worldly to me.  Good to hear.

I dedicated my computer to the Lord, so nothing except that which can equip me to better serve Him.  Sometimes I slip and become quite ungodly in competition when I wipe people off the chess board without asking them if they know their sins are forgiven and they are going to heaven, but usually I make the effort to try to get my opponent talking to see if they are or want to be saved from Hell. 

Comfort has a new video out, Evolution VS Faith or something like that....very good stuff as he interviews and witnesses to many average and highly educated atheists....excellent method of sowing seeds for the gospel, trying to win souls.  That stuff fires me up.

Most of the nitpicking on sites like this is wearisome.  Your replies here have been encouraging.

I like learning about some of the conspiracies and watching the signs of the times showing God's judgment coming, and the world government rising as the Anti-Christ waits to take power after the church is raptured.....but only as novelties so I can use the basics of the ideas as tools for trying to tell people the Good News.  I don't get into that stuff too much...a lot of people get way too caught up into that, I know one sister who spends hours week after week trying to figure out exactly what country or group the Anti-Christ will rise from....she is a godly sister, I just think she could do better things with her time than that.

Now we're talking about living holy lives for the Lord, being separate from the world while in the world.  Holiness is a dividing line, and most Christians today have lost sight of it.

• Members

I have some strong brothers I go street preaching with.  Strong in the Lord.  That really helps.  It's a life dedicated to The Kingdom of Heaven nothing else before God.  We get together and get out there 2 or 3 times a week sometimes for 4 to 8 hours or even more.  We soulwin together eat and fellowship together.  I'll admit I am really, really blessed.  Very thankful for what I have.  I have known these guys for years from soulwinning.  They too shun TV.  They don't go in for that kind of entertainment at all.  We go everywhere  from the gang areas to the trendy new age neighborhoods.  Events we possibly have Mexico coming to town for the soccer finals lol.  I am loaded down with spanish tracts for that one.  55k tickets have already been sold.  Try Fellowship tract league.  For a modest donation I think its $7.50c for a thousand tracts they ship you too.  Really nice tracts with the gospel.  I drop them off at drive thru windows.  Give them to people on the street at the store etc.  I just say can I give you something to read or here.  They mostly take it some say no thanks.  I go alone to when there is no one else to go with me.  Doesn't bother me.  I hand tracts out and talk with people sometimes for 4 hours.  It gets exhausting in the hot Georgia Sun.  But so satisfying.   

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

You deem Bugs Bunny as godly?  you deem slapstick humor as godly?  I don't recall anything godly about The Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy, do you?  I think the problem is that most Christians today do not know the difference between Godly and worldly.  Bugs Bunny is nothing but worldly at best, wicked and carnal at worst.  Jesus called his own disciples "evil", and you think Bugs Bunny is better?  Please.....tell me more of your false doctrine in support of Bugs Bunny and slapstick humor.

You know that's not what I meant. I think you are focusing on the wrong thing, that's all. And you probably have been told that before. I know people from my past that focused on the wrong things too, and they became 'hater' type of Christians, to where nothing is godly. Life is meant to be lived, not condemned. Where is the joy that the Lord gives us without being able to live? Laughing and humor is part of life for humans, and stick-in-the-mud type christianity sets standards for everyone else and shows no freedom of conscience for others. You sound like the kind of person that would condemn others without even batting an eye, thinking you are more spiritual than most Christians around, just because they waste a little more time than you do. Is there anything you like to do? Do you have children? Are you married? Do you not date your wife? Play with your children? Anything?

You are ungodly in wasting time if you do, according to your previous statements.

If you don't, you are wasting God's time for giving you a family, or children, or a job.

Don't try and preach contention to other brethren and condemn them for their choice of spending time doing life things.

That leads to nothing.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.