• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members
12 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

I am trying to warn Christians about the hard economic times around the world which are coming here also.

For what purpose? The economy, here and around the world, is always changing. There are good economic times and bad. Nothing new under the sun. If folks don't know this, and haven't noticed it over the course of their lifetimes, hearing yet another person say tough times are coming won't make much difference.

What will make a difference is helping the lost come to Christ, helping to disciple them, and building up believers so they are rooted and grounded in the Word, prepared to be content in all economic times, living for Christ with little or much, and sharing the Gospel with others.

• 5 months later...
  • Members
On 1/30/2016 at 9:34 PM, John81 said:

For what purpose? The economy, here and around the world, is always changing. There are good economic times and bad. Nothing new under the sun. If folks don't know this, and haven't noticed it over the course of their lifetimes, hearing yet another person say tough times are coming won't make much difference.

What will make a difference is helping the lost come to Christ, helping to disciple them, and building up believers so they are rooted and grounded in the Word, prepared to be content in all economic times, living for Christ with little or much, and sharing the Gospel with others.

1 Thessalonians 5:6-11 watch for the signs and edify the church.

• Members
7 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

1 Thessalonians 5:6-11 watch for the signs and edify the church.

Yes.

Done by Paul already.  No need to repeat by you.

And, please read the rest of the chapter and see just what in the world Paul was  exhorting us to really do...there IS a list following these verses you picked out Eric.

And it didn't include what you do.

Thanks.

7th Shmita? Bah.

By the way folks...

Gideons mixed the batch of corruptions years ago when they used Berkley's version as a small blue NT.

Doesn't even read intelligently at all.

• Members

I remember when I use to be a huge conspiracy theorist always prophesying doom.. then I got saved and realized God wants me to be focused on his work of preaching the Gospel, if hard times come God will provide. There are people in Africa living on less than a $1 a day and they trust God to provide and he does. I doubt God wants his people to be focused on stocking up food...

There will always be people who focus on sensational doom themed messages. Preach the Gospel, Abide in Christ and focus on spiritual things. Brethren, do not fall prey to this distraction from God's purpose for your life today.

• Members
25 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I remember when I use to be a huge conspiracy theorist always prophesying doom.. then I got saved and realized God wants me to be focused on his work of preaching the Gospel, if hard times come God will provide. There are people in Africa living on less than a $1 a day and they trust God to provide and he does. I doubt God wants his people to be focused on stocking up food...

There will always be people who focus on sensational doom themed messages. Preach the Gospel, Abide in Christ and focus on spiritual things. Brethren, do not fall prey to this distraction from God's purpose for your life today.

Thank you Jordan. Very good points.

• Members
2 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Proverbs 27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil. All these people mean well but they don't know the times.

• Members
13 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Proverbs 27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil. All these people mean well but they don't know the times.

It does not say a prudent man takes heed to every conspiracy theorist on the internet..

I had a well known Pastor send me an email last year before the super bowl about how there were going to be terrorist attacks at the Super Bowl... needless to say they never happened, and now that man's credibility has probably gone down in the eyes of some. I wonder how many people were distracted by that dumb email. 

Do you really expect us to take heed to every single prediction some Christian on the internet makes? I am sure I could go on google and find article after article predicting America's doom, etc and find article after article of failed predictions, and the sad thing is many of them will try to use the Bible. 

What makes you any different? 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members
43 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

It does not say a prudent man takes heed to every conspiracy theorist on the internet..

I had a well known Pastor send me an email last year before the super bowl about how there were going to be terrorist attacks at the Super Bowl... needless to say they never happened, and now that man's credibility has probably gone down in the eyes of some. I wonder how many people were distracted by that dumb email. 

Do you really expect us to take heed to every single prediction some Christian on the internet makes? I am sure I could go on google and find article after article predicting America's doom, etc and find article after article of failed predictions, and the sad thing is many of them will try to use the Bible. 

Same mumbo-jumbo went on back in 1994.

Not one thing occurred.

No black helicopters? No rapture?

No end times? 

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
3 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 tells us that the day of the Lord is near, it is near and hasteth greatly when (Israel) the nation not desired is gathered. So since Israel has gathered we should see the beginning sorrows the Jesus for told in Matthew 24:7. If you watch the news you can see them starting. Therefor we should prepare now.

• Members
18 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 tells us that the day of the Lord is near, it is near and hasteth greatly when (Israel) the nation not desired is gathered. So since Israel has gathered we should see the beginning sorrows the Jesus for told in Matthew 24:7. If you watch the news you can see them starting. Therefor we should prepare now.

No Eric. Israel is not gathered. Not the way you mean.

Just because a small portion of Jews are in the land of Israel, the house of Israel is not gathered. For Jews are only a small group from the house of Israel. Historically and Biblically the tribes that make up the people we call Jews are Judah, Benjamin, and some of Levi. The rest way out number them.

The only way Israel can be gathered is to be gathered in Jesus Christ.

The land can not hold a people numbered as the sand on the sea shore. Because they are scattered all over the world.

The Israel of God is the whole group of believers in Jesus Christ world wide. Not just a small tribe of Jews. To say otherwise is to call God a respecter of persons.

Of which he is not.

• Members
34 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Just because a small portion of Jews are in the land of Israel, the house of Israel is not gathered. For Jews are only a small group from the house of Israel. Historically and Biblically the tribes that make up the people we call Jews are Judah, Benjamin, and some of Levi. The rest way out number them.

The land can not hold a people numbered as the sand on the sea shore. Because they are scattered all over the world.

The Israel of God is the whole group of believers in Jesus Christ world wide. Not just a small tribe of Jews. To say otherwise is to call God a respecter of persons.

Of which he is not.

Replacement theology rearing its ugly little head........

• Members
9 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Of which he is not.

So you think all the Christians and Jews must gather in Israel before God judges them with fire?

• Members
23 hours ago, DaveW said:

Replacement theology rearing its ugly little head........

Funny how well you can focus on one part of my comment there Dave.

The drawing together of Israel happened after the 70 years as prophesied by Jeremiah in chapter 29, but the real gathering you all refer to can only happen through Jesus Christ and the gospel of salvation. Ezekiel 37 is a great example of that. The 'valley' of dry bones.

No Eric, ALL God's Israel, the chosen people of God - those who believe in Jesus Christ with all their heart - it's not a physical bloodline issue but an issue of the heart. And WHAT fire??

Still no reference from the gospels, or the whole NT, of how important the gathering of Israel in their own land was to the Church back then?

Happy Independence Day!

• Members

Call it as I see it.

And I see an important comment promoting a false doctrine, which you apparently don't want pointed out............

I don't always agree with Eric, but I don't see him promoting false doctrines like replacement theology.

If you think I am overstating things then maybe you should be more careful with what you say, for your comment is indicative at the least of replacement theology, which is an absolute unbiblical falsehood.

Or you could simply deny that you in any way hold to replacement theology...............

• Members
5 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Funny how well you can focus on one part of my comment there Dave.

The drawing together of Israel happened after the 70 years as prophesied by Jeremiah in chapter 29, but the real gathering you all refer to can only happen through Jesus Christ and the gospel of salvation. Ezekiel 37 is a great example of that. The 'valley' of dry bones.

No Eric, ALL God's Israel, the chosen people of God - those who believe in Jesus Christ with all their heart - it's not a physical bloodline issue but an issue of the heart. And WHAT fire??

Still no reference from the gospels, or the whole NT, of how important the gathering of Israel in their own land was to the Church back then?

Happy Independence Day!

In Zechariah 13:8-9 we see Israel the nation and land judged by fire. Only 1/3 will survive to turn back to God. Ezekiel 39:6-7 also tells us that when God sends the fire Israel will see it and turn back to God.