• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• 1 month later...
  • Members
3 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

So what happened to the 7th Shemita? Don't hear much about it anymore like with the "Blood Moons". Must have tuckered out.

When the 7th Shemita passed the year of jubilee began. It is the year of debt wipe out for Israel and the year of returning what had been lost. During the last two Jubilees Israel got a country and Jerusalem during wars. If you own the bonds that are wiped out it will hurt.

• Members
5 hours ago, Critical Mass said:

So what happened to the 7th Shemita? Don't hear much about it anymore like with the "Blood Moons". Must have tuckered out.

Not surprisingly, many of those who were selling these things have changed their stories. Now, according to these people, nothing really had to happen last year but things were set in motion that will take place at some future date and then it will be seen that it stems from those things.

• Moderators
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 6:31 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Oil is below $40 per barrel. The interest rates are near 0. Get prepared for hard times if you can. Prepare to help others if you can.

Why are oil prices being low a bad thing? It means low gas prices, more people buying larger vehicles, traveling more, spending more on other things. It is around $30 a barrel now and I am loving it, though not seeing the prices I would think should come with it, still paying some $2.70 per gal.

• Members
1 hour ago, Ukulelemike said:

Why are oil prices being low a bad thing? It means low gas prices, more people buying larger vehicles, traveling more, spending more on other things. It is around $30 a barrel now and I am loving it, though not seeing the prices I would think should come with it, still paying some $2.70 per gal.

Demand for commodities has dropped around the world which has hurt many people and farmers around the world. Now they can't buy things and business is being hurt in most countries. Good jobs are hard to find.

• Members
1 hour ago, Ukulelemike said:

Is it a California thing? Gas is around $1.75/gal. where I live.

• Members
2 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

BP (I think it was) has fired many people worldwide, 600 in UK.  I don't think those people think it is a good thing, but if the prices rise to their former levels other people will suffer.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Oὐ Νικολαΐτης said:

Is it a California thing? Gas is around $1.75/gal. where I live.

yes-very highly taxed. I would also say its because I live in a very small town, but Susanville, the biggest town near us, is cheaper than Reno-very unusual, so I don't know what's going on with that.

• Members
1 hour ago, Eric Stahl said:

To the pastors that don't have TV, You are the shepherds of your flocks. We are in hard economic times and the whole world is descending into depression.

Possible, but this same claim has been made numerous times in the past. I first heard this in the early 70s, most recently beginning again about 7 years ago, and many times between.

The economy is always fragile and a bull market can go bear in the blink of an eye. Good economic times, bad economic times and those times in between, God cares for His people and He knows those who place their trust in Him.