• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members
37 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

In Zechariah 13:8-9 we see Israel the nation and land judged by fire. Only 1/3 will survive to turn back to God. Ezekiel 39:6-7 also tells us that when God sends the fire Israel will see it and turn back to God.

Anything that our Lord Jesus said? After all wouldn't it have been important enough for him to repeat, if we needed to know that?

• Members
1 hour ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Anything that our Lord Jesus said? After all wouldn't it have been important enough for him to repeat, if we needed to know that?

He did repeat it through the 2 prophets. Besides it was a warning to Israel not the Church.

• Members
20 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

He did repeat it through the 2 prophets. Besides it was a warning to Israel not the Church.

Where?

And no, Eric, it was to 'believing' children of his. Whether Israelites or not.

God always did and always will only talk to his children, those born of him. He NEVER speaks to those who are not his, this way.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
On 7/4/2016 at 10:03 AM, DaveW said:

Call it as I see it.

And I see an important comment promoting a false doctrine, which you apparently don't want pointed out............

I don't always agree with Eric, but I don't see him promoting false doctrines like replacement theology.

If you think I am overstating things then maybe you should be more careful with what you say, for your comment is indicative at the least of replacement theology, which is an absolute unbiblical falsehood.

Or you could simply deny that you in any way hold to replacement theology...............

I deny that I, in any way, hold to replacement theology Dave.

I try to take the scriptures as they are, and I try not to add to the meaning of them. Unlike most seminarian type teachers who just repeat what they have been taught to repeat, as if it is true doctrine.

I do not think that Christianity replaced the nation of Israel. Nor do I think they took over the promises given to Israel. All the promises were given to them before the cross. And that is the main difference between you and me, I think.

I believe the promises about eternity are to all the seed, those born again, whether Jew, Gentile, or Israelite. God is no respecter of persons, for the first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

All who enter eternity that are born again receive the same things, no inequality, no special people above another, no double brides for God.

God's people have always been and shall always be the believers in the Lord. There were lost Jews as well as lost Gentiles since the beginning of the nation of Israel (for Jews and all the other tribes) and Adams creation (for Gentiles).

• Members

http://jewish.convio.net/site/EcommerceDownload/9-1781.16%20Shmita%20Sourcebook%20reduced%20size.pdf?dnl=5881-1781-_5IgS4plYVhnQf01

Here's the real source for the Shmita Eric, and the false doctrine that you have pushed about the subject here is just that - false doctrine.

(There you go Dave, he does teach false doctrine, and from a false prophet like Jonathan Cahn a Messianic Jew, who, as a prophet, failed miserably.)

• Members
5 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I try to take the scriptures as they are, and I try not to add to the meaning of them. Unlike most seminarian type teachers who just repeat what they have been taught to repeat, as if it is true doctrine.

I do not think that Christianity replaced the nation of Israel. Nor do I think they took over the promises given to Israel. All the promises were given to them before the cross. And that is the main difference between you and me, I think.

I believe the promises about eternity are to all the seed, those born again, whether Jew, Gentile, or Israelite. God is no respecter of persons, for the first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

All who enter eternity that are born again receive the same things, no inequality, no special people above another, no double brides for God.

God's people have always been and shall always be the believers in the Lord. There were lost Jews as well as lost Gentiles since the beginning of the nation of Israel (for Jews and all the other tribes) and Adams creation (for Gentiles).

The denial was not that hard was it?

But the doublespeak explanation is confusing..........

As for Eric's "teaching" here - Eric "interprets", but doesn't present doctrine very often.

Personally, I think he often overstates his interpretations and applications, and I  have told him so before.

But he doesn't teach false doctrines like some here do, and he doesn't try to overthrow the faith of some,  as some here do.

• Members
8 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Daniel 12:3 teaches that those who win many to righteousness will shine as the stars for ever and ever. Those that don't won't shine as the faithful. They will not be equal in heaven.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 Some may lose all their rewards when they are judged others will have rewards.

• Members
11 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

1) Daniel 12:3 teaches that those who win many to righteousness will shine as the stars for ever and ever. Those that don't won't shine as the faithful. They will not be equal in heaven.

2) 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 Some may lose all their rewards when they are judged others will have rewards.

1) This reference does not show a contrast at all Eric - for those that 'be wise' are the saved. Your comment - "Those that don't won't shine as the faithful" does not exist. There you go again Eric, adding to the word of God.

2) You really need to look more into what you comment about Eric. Read verse 1-10? This is not in what you put on the 'foundation', but what others put on it. Paul showed that 'false teaching' affects others in this life, not in eternity. Generally people tend to put some verses like this in the time of eternity, and have been taught that by many corruptors of God's word.

• Members
2 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

1) This reference does not show a contrast at all Eric - for those that 'be wise' are the saved. Your comment - "Those that don't won't shine as the faithful" does not exist. There you go again Eric, adding to the word of God.

2) You really need to look more into what you comment about Eric. Read verse 1-10? This is not in what you put on the 'foundation', but what others put on it. Paul showed that 'false teaching' affects others in this life, not in eternity. Generally people tend to put some verses like this in the time of eternity, and have been taught that by many corruptors of God's word.

You are so desperate to prove Eric wrong that you are clutching at straws.

1. It is not stated but it is a reasonable assumption given the context.

1 Corinthians 3

1  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereasthere is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5  Who then is Paul, and who isApollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6  I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7  So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8  Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9  For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye areGod's building.

10  According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Considering vs 14 says "if any man's work abide WHICH HE HATH BUILT THEREUPON....."

I can see why people would think it is talking about the works that a man builds upon the foundation.

Paul is teaching that a saved man's works in this life will be judged, but not for his salvation.

That is contextually correct, and you are twisting Scripture.

On these two references Eric is far closer than you are.........

• Members
4 hours ago, DaveW said:

You are so desperate to prove Eric wrong that you are clutching at straws.

1. It is not stated but it is a reasonable assumption given the context.

1 Corinthians 3

1  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereasthere is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5  Who then is Paul, and who isApollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6  I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7  So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8  Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9  For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye areGod's building.

10  According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11  For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12  Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Considering vs 14 says "if any man's work abide WHICH HE HATH BUILT THEREUPON....."

I can see why people would think it is talking about the works that a man builds upon the foundation.

Paul is teaching that a saved man's works in this life will be judged, but not for his salvation.

That is contextually correct, and you are twisting Scripture.

On these two references Eric is far closer than you are.........

You need to reread verse 10 my friend. 

That's the defining verse.

Thanks anyway.

• Members
3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

You need to reread verse 10 my friend. 

That's the defining verse.

Thanks anyway.

And you need to read the rest of the passage.

That's the rest of the passage........

• Moderators
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:04 AM, Genevanpreacher said:

Where?

And no, Eric, it was to 'believing' children of his. Whether Israelites or not.

God always did and always will only talk to his children, those born of him. He NEVER speaks to those who are not his, this way.

Nebuchadnezzar, Balaam, Pharaoh, (a few of them), Darius, God has spoken to those who were not His children, many times, sometimes directly, sometimes through His prophets.  

• Members
2 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Nebuchadnezzar, Balaam, Pharaoh, (a few of them), Darius, God has spoken to those who were not His children, many times, sometimes directly, sometimes through His prophets.  

Sorry Mike, but you didn't notice the words "this way" in my post?

2 hours ago, DaveW said:

And you need to read the rest of the passage.

That's the rest of the passage........

Yes Dave. As I referenced in my post above. I did reference vv. 1-10.

And read them.

And they support my view easily. No straw grasping at all.

Thanks. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Sorry Mike, but you didn't notice the words "this way" in my post?

Yes Dave. As I referenced in my post above. I did reference vv. 1-10.

And read them.

And they support my view easily. No straw grasping at all.

Thanks. 

Not sure what you mean by "this way". I tried going back through posts to decipher it, but not seeing it well enough to understand it.

• Members
On 7/4/2016 at 3:24 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Uke - my statements were in response to "it was a warning to Israel not the Church".

Since believers are the subjects to whom the Lord tells the 'future' to - when he speaks of it, it is for their benefit, not the lost uncaring and haters of the Lord.

Unless of course he is showing to 'his' how he takes care of those who hate him.

It's not always a cut and dried issue. I know that. But when it clearly is shown that God's relationship is with those who have a relationship with him, all through scripture, I have a very easy time making these statements. 

God says things from his mouth to us for our benefit, not the losts benefit.

So books where Prophets are speaking of future events - he says them for the benefit of believers. In the past he spoke to believers from the seed of Jacob. Before that he spoke to the seed of Shem and others. Before that he spoke to the sons of Adam who called upon the Lord.

All believers. 

That's my point.