• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

The seventh Shemitah has come and passed. The 70th year of Jubilee has begun. It is a year of restoration to and in Israel. Fifty years ago in jubilee Israel fought a war with it's neighbors and captured Jerusalem, the West Bank, the Gaza strip, and other lands. Fifty years before that Israel became a nation in the year of jubilee and fought 7 Arab nations. There were 4 blood moons on Jewish feast days in those jubilees. The 4th blood moon is on September 28th this year. Will there be war again and what will be restored to Israel this jubilee?

Where did you get these figures? I ask because they aren't accurate and don't even add up.

• Moderators

Israel became a nation in 1948. That's 67 years ago - not 100. 50 years ago was 1965 - as far as I can find out, there was no war in 1965. There was a war in 1967, but that was only 48 years ago and involved 4 nations, not 7. 

Eric, you seem very engrossed in trying to figure out these prophecies - looking for signs - trying to read information that God has left a mystery. I am concerned for you. You have spent so much time on these things - but are you sure they are even meant for us to know? We are given a broad description of the times to come - but we are not given a date. We are, in fact, told that it is not for us to know the date. Yet it seems like that is just what you are trying to do, and in so doing, grasping at straws. 

What you say about preparing is good advice - not that I know whether we will be around to need the preparations! It seems to me, though, that if there is a shortage of food, food insurance (!) won't be worth the paper it's printed on. The only insurance for food is to actually have food (and then hope you don't have a house fire, or insurance, or wildfire, or home invasion... hmm... guess it comes back to trusting God anyways). :lol: 

• Moderators

100 years ago, 1915, Israel had the worst locust invasion in modern history. Many Jews likened it to the plague of locusts during Moses' day.

US aid had already slackened due to WWI and the devastation of vegetation added to the famine. Israel's major exports @ the time (and a huge part of their economy) were heavily impacted due to the olive, fig and grape losses.

• Members

Israel became a nation in 1948. That's 67 years ago - not 100. 50 years ago was 1965 - as far as I can find out, there was no war in 1965. There was a war in 1967, but that was only 48 years ago and involved 4 nations, not 7. 

Eric, you seem very engrossed in trying to figure out these prophecies - looking for signs - trying to read information that God has left a mystery. I am concerned for you. You have spent so much time on these things - but are you sure they are even meant for us to know? We are given a broad description of the times to come - but we are not given a date. We are, in fact, told that it is not for us to know the date. Yet it seems like that is just what you are trying to do, and in so doing, grasping at straws. 

What you say about preparing is good advice - not that I know whether we will be around to need the preparations! It seems to me, though, that if there is a shortage of food, food insurance (!) won't be worth the paper it's printed on. The only insurance for food is to actually have food (and then hope you don't have a house fire, or insurance, or wildfire, or home invasion... hmm... guess it comes back to trusting God anyways). :lol: 

Sorry, 1917 Balford declaration which let Jews return to Israel after Word war 1, 1967 war and now 2016-2017 jubilee.

• Members

Now we are moving the "date-setting" up another year, since the September "madness" never happened and the Shemitah is now past.  So now what is going to happen in 2016-2017....God only knows!

BTW, Balford declaration is not the correct name.  It is called The Balfour Declaration (dated 2 November 1917)

• Members

Now we are moving the "date-setting" up another year, since the September "madness" never happened and the Shemitah is now past.  So now what is going to happen in 2016-2017....God only knows!

BTW, Balford declaration is not the correct name.  It is called The Balfour Declaration (dated 2 November 1917)

Plus the English went back on the Balfour Declaration so that date can't really be considered as counting for much.

As with the plethora of previous predictions once the time has passed they invent new ones. In this case, here it comes, almost here at this moment in 2015...oops, uh wait a minute, okay, well you know it might not happen exactly then, it could be in 2016 or maybe even 2017, or actually perhaps another date but just you believe it's all related to this stuff predicted for 2015.:rolleyes:

Of course the date has changed.  God had his hand over the date and the prophets could not see it clear.  RoFL

Don't forget that some claim to have special insight in these last days to be able to know things no one could know before and us lesser followers of Christ just can't see now.

• Members

Plus the English went back on the Balfour Declaration so that date can't really be considered as counting for much.

As with the plethora of previous predictions once the time has passed they invent new ones. In this case, here it comes, almost here at this moment in 2015...oops, uh wait a minute, okay, well you know it might not happen exactly then, it could be in 2016 or maybe even 2017, or actually perhaps another date but just you believe it's all related to this stuff predicted for 2015.:rolleyes:

Don't forget that some claim to have special insight in these last days to be able to know things no one could know before and us lesser followers of Christ just can't see now.

Yeah, I just read a prophecy on FB where a guy states that we all will be in Heaven on September 30, 2015.  (Right after this prophecy, he apologized for last weeks failed prophecy in which he said that the Rapture would occur on September 23, 2015.  He said he repented of that false prophecy.  LoL

Oh, and he threw in the obligatory "This prophecy is from the Lord Jesus Christ, so you'd better believe it," and "I want to remind you not to say anything against me, because the Bible says 'touch not my anointed and do not do harm to my prophets.'"

And where did he post this Prophecy?  A Group called Heretics, Hirelings and Bible Blockheads. 

Oh my!

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
4 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Jesus warned us that famine will come near the day of the Lord.

1 Timothy 5:8

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Your verse reference is out of context there Eric. That doesn't help with what you are trying to say here.

• Members
2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

I was responding to critical mass.

And?

C'mon Eric. You know I knew that.

And that verse has nothing to do with supplying for a bad time a comin'.

And, since all this Cahn stuff didn't go on the dates, like all the other exact dates, to prove something was gonna happen and didn't...

Learn Eric.

A fella at work introduced Cahn's stuff to me one day, the day after the Sunday when all was gonna break loose, and he said he was convinced it was gonna happen, just not on the dates.

Why are the dates so important in the past, yet not in the present?

Hypocritical teaching.

• Members
On 10/31/2015, 5:53:55, Eric Stahl said:

Jesus warned us that famine will come near the day of the Lord.

1 Timothy 5:8

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Seems to be irrelevant to what I was talking about. Famine can come, and has come, at any time. 

Like I said, all the Blood Moons, Bible Codes, Plant X (a lesser one Texe Marrs was pushing) , 7th Shemita, etc. etc. rubbish is nothing but money making schemes by slimy con men built upon a mix of Jewish occultism, biblical theology and bad astronomy/astrology. People get whipped up into a frenzy and then when it flops it's like nothing was ever said about it and people just move on to the next book that comes out from another one of these "America's Prophet". It's a sad joke. Get a "former Rabbi" who was converted to Christianity and people really think they guy some kind of prophet.

I was talking to a 7th Day Adventist the other day and they have a thing they called Conditional Prophecy with is just a slippery way of getting out of failed predictions. In other words, when one of Mary Ellen White's prophecies flops terribly they say it was conditioned on another prophecy or event coming about so it really wasn't a false prophecy. This seems to be counterproductive to the purpose of prophecy. These prophets of the month book clubs are the same way.