• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

Yes he did.

That is the only fulfillment of the regathering of Israel. There has not been, nor shall there be, until Jesus returns and gathers all those who are of the saved house of Israel, along with the other nations of the world who are saved by the blood of the Lamb.

The book of Ezekiel was written about 570 BC. (prophecy)

The book of Ezra was written about 450 BC. (fulfillment)

The book of Nehemiah was written about 430 BC. (fulfillment)

And any other book afterwards, in the OT, shows any fulfillment also.

Brethren,

The above post by Genevanpreacher is not doctrinaly sound. As Eric Stahl brought out Isaiah 60:1-22 is in direct reference to the future restoration and regathering of the nation of Israel. Not only is Isaiah 60:1-22 to be fulfilled in the future but so will numerous other Old Testament prophecies.

The restoration of Israel under Ezra and Nehemiah did not fulfill the propheceis of Ezekiel. Ezekiel, and the prophecies of the other Old Testament prophets, are to be literally fulfilled in the future. The interpretattion by Genevanpreacher is in error.

• Members

Brethren,

The above post by Genevanpreacher is not doctrinaly sound. As Eric Stahl brought out Isaiah 60:1-22 is in direct reference to the future restoration and regathering of the nation of Israel. Not only is Isaiah 60:1-22 to be fulfilled in the future but so will numerous other Old Testament prophecies.

The restoration of Israel under Ezra and Nehemiah did not fulfill the propheceis of Ezekiel. Ezekiel, and the prophecies of the other Old Testament prophets, are to be literally fulfilled in the future. The interpretattion by Genevanpreacher is in error.

*chuckle*

Here we go.

Off subject for a minute, I guess.

I am a heretic for believing contrary to you and your belief.

Paul once was considered one also. Ever read this -

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Ditto! 

By the way Alan, I am an independent Baptist. I have the right of independence, by God, to live by the dictates of my own convictions.

But thanks anyway for telling people what they already know from their own convictions.

(Can you please give me one verse or more in the NToutside of the book of Revelation, that states that Israel will be gathered together and formed into a nation again? Surely, if that is the case, there should be one mention of it.)

And please don't say 1948 happened and fulfilled that. Those are not all the house of Israel.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

*chuckle*

Here we go.

Off subject for a minute, I guess.

I am a heretic for believing contrary to you and your belief.

Paul once was considered one also. Ever read this -

But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Ditto! 

By the way Alan, I am an independent Baptist. I have the right of independence, by God, to live by the dictates of my own convictions.

But thanks anyway for telling people what they already know from their own convictions.

(Can you please give me one verse or more in the NToutside of the book of Revelation, that states that Israel will be gathered together and formed into a nation again? Surely, if that is the case, there should be one mention of it.)

And please don't say 1948 happened and fulfilled that. Those are not all the house of Israel.

Romans 11:25-26 Israel to be restored after the fullness of the Gentiles.

• Members

Brethren,

Bro Alan

Who is the "Thee" in Isaiah 60:1-22 ?

• Members

Good questions. When I have more time available I will answer.

September 15, 2016 post

Brethren,

In order not to derail this thread, I have answered Invicta's question concerning the "thee' in Isaiah 60:1-22 on my Revelation thread. Here is the link to that study:

Regards,

Alan

Edited by Alan
on Sept. 15, 2016 I added the blue notification.

• Members

Dear "GenevanPreacher":

I agree that both Alan and Eric have the same understanding of those verses as I do. 

Romans 11:25 "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

So how long will Israel be in-part blinded to the gospel???
Until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in (which hasn't happened YET)

If they are blinded in part to the gospel, we can assume they will AT SOME FUTURE point in time be "able to see" the truth of the gospel.
And how will they be able to "see it"? When (I believe, during the tribulation) He pours out His spirit upon them. 

You asked this question: "Can you please give me one verse or more in the NToutside of the book of Revelation, that states that Israel will be gathered together and formed into a nation again? Surely, if that is the case, there should be one mention of it."

So my reply in another verse in the NT would be yet another verse which helps this understanding:

Acts 2:17
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"

and WHO is Peter talking to??? Acts 2:14 tells us he is talking to " Ye men of Judaea"

and if there any doubt about whattime period he's referring to?
Look again at verse 17: "IN THE LAST DAYS"

So if he is talking to "ye men of Judaea" in reference to an event to happen in "the last days" what does that tell you????? Hmmm, could it mean that they will actually BE in Judea (in Israel) in the last days.  Of course, you will likely try to argue what you believe the "last days" to refer to. But I believe i have fulfilled a REFERENCE to ISRAEL being in their land again.

• Members

Dear "GenevanPreacher":

I agree that both Alan and Eric have the same understanding of those verses as I do. 

Romans 11:25 "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

So how long will Israel be in-part blinded to the gospel???
Until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in (which hasn't happened YET)

If they are blinded in part to the gospel, we can assume they will AT SOME FUTURE point in time be "able to see" the truth of the gospel.
And how will they be able to "see it"? When (I believe, during the tribulation) He pours out His spirit upon them. 

You asked this question: "Can you please give me one verse or more in the NToutside of the book of Revelation, that states that Israel will be gathered together and formed into a nation again? Surely, if that is the case, there should be one mention of it."

So my reply in another verse in the NT would be yet another verse which helps this understanding:

Acts 2:17
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"  [Failure!* Where are the words "Israel", or "gathered", maybe combined with "into own land", etc.??]

and WHO is Peter talking to??? Acts 2:14 tells us he is talking to " Ye men of Judaea"

and if there any doubt about whattime period he's referring to?
Look again at verse 17: "IN THE LAST DAYS"

So if he is talking to "ye men of Judaea" in reference to an event to happen in "the last days" what does that tell you????? Hmmm, could it mean that they will actually BE in Judea (in Israel) in the last days.  Of course, you will likely try to argue what you believe the "last days" to refer to. But I believe i have fulfilled a REFERENCE to ISRAEL being in their land again.

No disrespect Ronda, but no you have not.

[edit] Peter is quoting from the OT, speaking about the, (then present day), days of the church in Acts. And yes I know you knew I'd say that, but it is true.

Any more? Anyone? Come on just one verse saying that Israel will be regathered in their own land.

There has to be one.

• Members

That's hilarious... you didn't SAY it couldn't be a reference to the OT, you said IN the NT, lol.  And ACTS IS in the NT. Yes, he was giving reference to the book of Joel, however it IS in the new testament.  Any more "qualifiers" (after the fact) you want to make? 

• Members

That's hilarious... you didn't SAY it couldn't be a reference to the OT, you said IN the NT, lol.  And ACTS IS in the NT. Yes, he was giving reference to the book of Joel, however it IS in the new testament.  Any more "qualifiers" (after the fact) you want to make? 

It says nothing about Israel being returned to their own land.

So it doesn't make a difference if it is quoting the OT or not, it doesn't say what you claim it does.

[notice my edit in my above post, please.]

to point out edit in previous post

• Members

So when Peter was talking to "ye men of Judaea" that doesn't matter?? To take that statement out sounds like taking away from the word of God to me!

What are you not seeing here? Do you think this verse says anything about Israel returning to their own land? Which words in this verse are you referring to that says they will?

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"

[Please highlight the words here that make you think it is saying Israel will be returning to their own land]

• Members

Acts 1:6-7    6 "When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"      7" And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."

My question to you would be this: If Jesus did not ever intend to restore the kingdom to Israel, would He not have said that very thing??? I contend He did not say that, He said instead: " It is not for you to know the times or the seasons" Which does show that there WILL, in fact, be a time and a season when the kingdom of Israel is restored.

Acts 3:20-21: 20 "And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:" 21 "Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

What does the word restitution mean to you? Once again,  it DOES make reference to old testament prophecies, which, for some reason, you'd like to throw out??? But may I remind you, before you throw out all OT prophecy, that many OT prophecies foretold of Jesus coming... would you throw those prophecies out also?