• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

That's something I wish some of the prophetic preachers would consider before they quote these sort of things to try and add weight to what they say is their biblical position. It doesn't help an argument that's supposed to be based on Scripture to point to devilish practices that seem to agree.

One preacher used to constantly point to various false religions of American Indians and claim they supported his biblical interpretation of Scripture.

That's even worse than those Baptist pastors who positively quote people like Mother Teresa to back some aspect of their sermon.

Leave the false religions and devilish practices out...and for some, stop looking at what the world or the devil is proclaiming and then trying to make it fit your prophetic calendar.

Thanks for pointing that out John and all you other Brethren. I accept your advice and have deleted the post.

I apologize

• Members

Thanks for pointing that out John and all you other Brethren. I accept your advice and have deleted the post.

I apologize

I wasn't including you in my post, I was referring to those who say "look at what's happening in the solar system next month (or something else)" and then saying it's clearly a sign of Bible prophecy, and besides that the ancient Maya or Egyptian astrologers predicted it too!"

These Bible prophecy preachers and their followers say such things as if adding the pagan references builds up their case. That would seem to indicate at least on some level they don't think their biblical case is as strong as they wish it were.

Anyway, I still appreciate your attention to these things and your input was and is beneficial.

• Members

Acts 11:28-30 Agabus warned the church that a famine was coming. So did Jesus in Matthew 24:7. The church prepared for years so they could help others. Will the church today prepare to do the same?

• Members

Acts 11:28-30 Agabus warned the church that a famine was coming. So did Jesus in Matthew 24:7. The church prepared for years so they could help others. Will the church today prepare to do the same?

Are you claiming to be led of the Spirit to declare a famine is coming?

Where does it say anything about the church preparing for years for famine?

After Matthew 24:7 is Matthew 24:8 which lets us know all those things listed are the beginning, not the end, and all those things have been with us from then to this day.

• Members

Here in Matthew 24 it says things will be pretty normal. Eating and drinking and marrying, etc. -

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be

• Members

Are you claiming to be led of the Spirit to declare a famine is coming?

Where does it say anything about the church preparing for years for famine?

After Matthew 24:7 is Matthew 24:8 which lets us know all those things listed are the beginning, not the end, and all those things have been with us from then to this day.

John read my post again. It was Jesus who gave the prophecy that there would be famine as a birth pain when the end was near.

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 explains that the day of the Lord would be very near when the people of Israel where gathered.

Therefore the famine is near!

• Members

John read my post again. It was Jesus who gave the prophecy that there would be famine as a birth pain when the end was near.

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 explains that the day of the Lord would be very near when the people of Israel where gathered.

Therefore the famine is near!

Yes, Jesus was speaking in Matthew 8 and He was clear those were beginning things, not end things, and all those things He mentioned have been occurring for the past 2,000 years. Where does Jesus say anything about America facing famine in 2015?

The Jews have been in gathered in Israel as a nation since 1948, 67 years, so where does Scripture say 67 years after the Jews gather America will face famine?

As GP pointed out, if you read all of Matthew 24 we learn that times will seem pretty good right before Christ returns.

• Members

Yes, Jesus was speaking in Matthew 8 and He was clear those were beginning things, not end things, and all those things He mentioned have been occurring for the past 2,000 years. Where does Jesus say anything about America facing famine in 2015?

The Jews have been in gathered in Israel as a nation since 1948, 67 years, so where does Scripture say 67 years after the Jews gather America will face famine?

As GP pointed out, if you read all of Matthew 24 we learn that times will seem pretty good right before Christ returns.

Do you ever watch the news on tv? You and GP must be very comforted to see the great turmoil the world is in. And the plagues on the animals and bees must assure you that we are not near the end since nothing is peaceful.

• Members

Do you ever watch the news on tv? You and GP must be very comforted to see the great turmoil the world is in. And the plagues on the animals and bees must assure you that we are not near the end since nothing is peaceful.

News is not the gospel, remember? If the scriptures say there will be marrying, and eating and drinking, where is the famine?

Here is the famine - 

Amos 8:11 - Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

• Members

News is not the gospel, remember? If the scriptures say there will be marrying, and eating and drinking, where is the famine?

Here is the famine - 

Amos 8:11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Yes that is very true too.

• Members

Yes that is very true too.

But no response for the first comment?

Think now brother, if the Lord Jesus said this, where is your 'famine'?

Reread this post below, and truly think outside the 'theories' you have been taught.

Here in Matthew 24 it says things will be pretty normal. Eating and drinking and marrying, etc. -

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be

And in Luke 17 -

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Notice verse 28 above? Buying, selling, planting and building?

Sounds like things will continue to be the same. No food shortages, no lights out, no great prophetic unscriptural events. 

Edited by Genevanpreacher