• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

Notice the conclusion of the matter from Jesus:

Mt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mt 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mt 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mt 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be................

Everything will be going on as if all things are the same old, same old. We've been warned the end is coming, just as the people of Noah's day were warned, but people didn't see any signs of such being true so they went about their lives as usual. The same today, people have been warned for about 2,000 years now the end is coming but with no signs this is actually upon us the people pay no heed and go about life as usual.

When Christ returns people will be surprised. Even the faithful won't know His return is upon us, but the faithful will be living with the expectation Christ could return at any moment so we need to be about His business now.

Scripture is filled with more than enough to make it clear that Christ is returning and He could return at any moment. No sign or announcement from heaven is needed. We've been warned. Followers of Christ are to share that warning.

Those looking for signs often eventually become disappointed and backslide or fall away. So many "signs" throughout the centuries have been pointed to and yet Christ did not return, the end of the world didn't happen, many peoples hearts grew disillusioned and disheartened from the "signs" not proving true. The Black Death, WWI, Nazi Germany, nuclear bombs, Soviet Union, EU, and more weather related happenings than can be numbered along with a host of other events have all been pointed to as the sign or signs Christ would be here any day now.

Many folks got caught up in all the Cold War "signs" which were followed by the Left Behind craze and now after hearing look here, now look here, no, now look at this, and yet none of the predictions come true, the signs come and go, many hearts have waxed cold. This is one of the reasons for the growing trend of Christians moving away from the pre-trib rapture view to other views.

It's like the boy crying wolf over and over again so that many people today have hearts hardened not only to the sign pointers messages, but often even to the true Word of God being proclaimed about the return of Christ and coming end.

'...what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Mt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said...'

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Lu 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Most of the signs are for us who have eyes to see, not for the wicked, for they are blind.

You seem to be turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to these scriptures, The Bible tells us clearly there will be signs and there will be false signs, I think you need to repent on this point.

To all,

I knew this post would draw much condemnation. I have lived though many times of shemita reward and judgment at our family quarry. I would tell people that if our business got a great job the economy was going to crash. The last one was a mall construction job. I never knew why it was happening untill I read Jonathan Cahn's Mystery of the Shemita.

To all you visitors it is likely that the economy is about to crash again because September will be the end of the shemita year again.

By the way I am bidding on the largest job that I have bid on in seven years. If we get it look out!

Don't try to tell me there is nothing to the shemita, I have lived it.

I'm kind of worried for you, I'm sure you are being misled, those Kabalists have just given you a way to follow their plans, and then make you think it is God, like many of the false prophets and prophetesses, they are in effect 'in on it', whether they know it or not, and schemes , the illuminate can pretty much crash the economy at will, you should study the mystery religion for a while, and you will notice you are being played, it is also part of the powerful delusion sent to deceive and attempt to deceive.

• Members

I think it was pretty obvious that it was sarcastic.  If you didn't specialize in insanity, you would have caught that.  The warning signs of Hitler's intentions and the danger he would bring were clear, and God is sending clear warning signs today to a nation that has turned it's back on God.  I was being sarcastic toward people who basically say "ignore all the signs, there is no such thing as a warning sign from God, live by faith and not by looking at the signs".  I think all the debate about Schmemita and Fajita is just confusion promoted by devils to keep God's people from uniting in service for the gospel to bring a movement of deep repentance and Holy Ghost filled revival, the only thing that can turn back the judgment that is coming against America and the chaos that will increase in the world when America falls.  I think it's more than obvious that we are very near to the end of the age when the trumpet of the Lord will sound and the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air....

Now I'm seeing that most people who do nothing but reject all warning signs are people with weird ideas about the resurrection and the rapture.  It explains a lot of the confusion and the refusal of people to acknowledge the obvious hand of God in recent historical events that are so obviously God's warning you have to be blind not to see it.

Now I realize why people only want to trash Cahn, who I really don't care about, but they refuse to look at the obvious facts which cannot be denied, and the handwriting of God on the wall in those facts.  The guy who was trying to tell people at my church that our Pastor was wrong for not preaching that we should be stockpiling and preparing for battle also believe that we are in the tribulation and the resurrection started or was completed or is continuing from 2000 yrs ago....weird stuff that is not based in reality or the Bible.  I didn't realize this thread would be a circus for so many people with messed up and unbiblical beliefs or I would have stayed out of it.

There are signs and there is false signs.

• Members

I  think it was pretty obvious that it was sarcastic.  If you didn't specialize in insanity, you would have caught that.  The warning signs of Hitler's intentions and the danger he would bring were clear, and God is sending clear warning signs today to a nation that has turned it's back on God.  I was being sarcastic toward people who basically say "ignore all the signs, there is no such thing as a warning sign from God, live by faith and not by looking at the signs".  I think all the debate about Schmemita and Fajita is just confusion promoted by devils to keep God's people from uniting in service for the gospel to bring a movement of deep repentance and Holy Ghost filled revival, the only thing that can turn back the judgment that is coming against America and the chaos that will increase in the world when America falls.  I think it's more than obvious that we are very near to the end of the age when the trumpet of the Lord will sound and the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air....

Now I'm seeing that most people who do nothing but reject all warning signs are people with weird ideas about the resurrection and the rapture.  It explains a lot of the confusion and the refusal of people to acknowledge the obvious hand of God in recent historical events that are so obviously God's warning you have to be blind not to see it.

Now I realize why people only want to trash Cahn, who I really don't care about, but they refuse to look at the obvious facts which cannot be denied, and the handwriting of God on the wall in those facts.  The guy who was trying to tell people at my church that our Pastor was wrong for not preaching that we should be stockpiling and preparing for battle also believe that we are in the tribulation and the resurrection started or was completed or is continuing from 2000 yrs ago....weird stuff that is not based in reality or the Bible.  I didn't realize this thread would be a circus for so many people with messed up and unbiblical beliefs or I would have stayed out of it.

Before Hitler, the German economy was in a mess.  There was hyper inflation where when you received your wages by the time you got to the shops, the value had plummeted to a fraction of its value an hour or so before.  Hitler stabilised the currency.  His early wars were viewed by many Christians as redressing previous wrongs.  (As do many American Christians in wars such as Vet Nam)  He said "God is with us."   A couple of books on the era, both published shortly before WW2 were Hitler the Pawn by Rudolf Olden, former Political Editor of the Berliner Tageblatt.  Pubished in 1936 by Victor Gollancz Ltd.   The other was Cross and Swastika, the Ordeal of the German Church  by Arthur Frey.  Published in Switzerland 1936 (German) and 1938 in English by the Student Christian Movement.

Edited by Invicta
Spelling

• Members

One of the problems with references to Hitler and Nazi Germany is we tend to look back in hindsight and knowing how everything turned out we wonder why they didn't see it then.

As Invicta mentioned, Germany was in an economic (and otherwise) mess. The German people were looking for a leader to restore German greatness, restore their economy, regain respect. That doesn't sound much different than what most conservatives in American are looking for.

Sure, Hitler had made some speeches and written a book which had some dangerous words, but just as the Left dismisses such from their favorites the Right does from theirs, so did most people in Germany back then. Even many German Jews supported Hitler and considered his anti-semitic talk to be hyperbole for political effect only.

As well, up until September 1939, the territorial gains made by Germany (some of which was reclaiming their own land) were achieved mostly through diplomacy, and all without actual war. All this during a time of reviving economy. Is it any wonder most Germans thought good times had come and looked at Hitler as a great leader?

Prior to the actual beginning of war, even many men in England, America and other nations viewed Hitler with a measure of respect to awe. Sure, to an extent possible signs of potential troubles down the road were there, but not for the average person to see, and not so much to those on the outside at all.

For those in England, France and elsewhere who did come to wanting to oppose Hitler, their reason was because they didn't want a powerful Germany in Europe.

Looking back and saying people in the 1930s should have known what Hitler was going to do is like looking back and telling Americans they should have known voting for Wilson would bring American into WWI and voting for FDR would bring America into WWII (both campaigned on promises to keep America out of war even while pursuing behind the scenes ways to get America into war).

We can't rightly judge people of he past based upon what we know today which they didn't know at the time. Even so, future generations will judge us in like manner, and already have and are.

Praise God, this too will pass.

• Members

One of the problems with references to Hitler and Nazi Germany is we tend to look back in hindsight and knowing how everything turned out we wonder why they didn't see it then.

As Invicta mentioned, Germany was in an economic (and otherwise) mess. The German people were looking for a leader to restore German greatness, restore their economy, regain respect. That doesn't sound much different than what most conservatives in American are looking for.

Sure, Hitler had made some speeches and written a book which had some dangerous words, but just as the Left dismisses such from their favorites the Right does from theirs, so did most people in Germany back then. Even many German Jews supported Hitler and considered his anti-semitic talk to be hyperbole for political effect only.

As well, up until September 1939, the territorial gains made by Germany (some of which was reclaiming their own land) were achieved mostly through diplomacy, and all without actual war. All this during a time of reviving economy. Is it any wonder most Germans thought good times had come and looked at Hitler as a great leader?

Prior to the actual beginning of war, even many men in England, America and other nations viewed Hitler with a measure of respect to awe. Sure, to an extent possible signs of potential troubles down the road were there, but not for the average person to see, and not so much to those on the outside at all.

For those in England, France and elsewhere who did come to wanting to oppose Hitler, their reason was because they didn't want a powerful Germany in Europe.

Looking back and saying people in the 1930s should have known what Hitler was going to do is like looking back and telling Americans they should have known voting for Wilson would bring American into WWI and voting for FDR would bring America into WWII (both campaigned on promises to keep America out of war even while pursuing behind the scenes ways to get America into war).

We can't rightly judge people of he past based upon what we know today which they didn't know at the time. Even so, future generations will judge us in like manner, and already have and are.

Praise God, this too will pass.

I thought it was the Japanese that brought USA into the war.  I did read somewhere that it was the communists and Catholics that kept the US out of the war till then.  The Communists because they wanted Stalin to win and the Catholics who wanted Hitler to win.  

I met a German Jewish Pastor who said he was in one of Hitler's early concentration camps, but had been released and escaped to England. He mentioned a young Christian who was tortured by the Gestapo saying that he felt nothing but an overwhelming love for those men.  

• Members

I thought it was the Japanese that brought USA into the war.  I did read somewhere that it was the communists and Catholics that kept the US out of the war till then.  The Communists because they wanted Stalin to win and the Catholics who wanted Hitler to win.  

I met a German Jewish Pastor who said he was in one of Hitler's early concentration camps, but had been released and escaped to England. He mentioned a young Christian who was tortured by the Gestapo saying that he felt nothing but an overwhelming love for those men.  

FDR used political, then economic pressure to force Japan into a corner. At that point Japan had two options, bow to American dictates, crawl home with her tail between her legs, and beg for America to supply her...or war.

Most Americans had no interest at all in getting involved in a war with Japan or Germany. Most Americans viewed what was going on in Europe as a European problem that Europeans should deal with themselves. Most Americans didn't care about the Japanese war with China.

• Members

FDR used political, then economic pressure to force Japan into a corner. At that point Japan had two options, bow to American dictates, crawl home with her tail between her legs, and beg for America to supply her...or war.

Most Americans had no interest at all in getting involved in a war with Japan or Germany. Most Americans viewed what was going on in Europe as a European problem that Europeans should deal with themselves. Most Americans didn't care about the Japanese war with China.

I see.

However if Hitler had won in Europe, America would have been next.  Most of Latin America would probably have supported Hitler. Most of them stayed out of it till Hitler was dead then they declared war on Germany.  Nothing like being on the winning side, even if a bit late.  Spain and Portugal did the same.  So did the USSR with Japan.

• Members

I see.

However if Hitler had won in Europe, America would have been next.  Most of Latin America would probably have supported Hitler. Most of them stayed out of it till Hitler was dead then they declared war on Germany.  Nothing like being on the winning side, even if a bit late.  Spain and Portugal did the same.  So did the USSR with Japan.

Germany would not, could not win. Germany was unable to even manage crossing the English Channel. Taking on the Soviet Union spelled their doom. Germany simply didn't have the manpower and materials needed to conquer and hold the area they attempted to. Germany was dispatched from Africa, stymied at the English Channel, the gates of Leningrad, the city of Stalingrad and couldn't even manage the final push to even reach Moscow.

Anti-occupation resistance plagued the Germans and only grew larger and stronger over time regardless of German attempts to root it out.

The idea that Germany could have invaded America is beyond the stretch of the imagination. While there were some who sympathized with Hitler in South America, they were no threat to America.

In any event, Hitler made the fatal error of declaring war on America because of her treaty with Japan. Yet further evidence of Hitler's inability to for long range planning.

The USSR held the promise of joining the war against the Japanese over the heads of America and England in order to pressure them to provide more and faster assistance in defeating Hitler. Even after the defeat of Nazi Germany, the USSR only did what advantaged them when they finally engaged Japan, who at that point was depleted and all but defeated. This also set the stage for the Korean War in a few years.

Churchill at least came to realize the danger Stalin posed but FDR was totally oblivious to the danger and what danger he did note he presumed would only serve to weaken England but not harm America. How wrong he was.

• Members

Who or what is "Israel" in these new covenant in Jesus' blood days? Obviously not the country that claims the name, but totally rejects the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ. 

why are you the only person here who has problems understanding what we are saying when we way "Israel"?  I never had a problem with that word, never had a problem understanding what it means any place it is used in the Bible, never had a problem understanding what it means when it is used in the news or by anybody in the world.  The only place I would have trouble understanding the word "Israel" would be when somebody like you is using it because you are confused about it and all I'll get from you is confusion.

Why ??? Because I believe the teaching of Jesus & his Apostles. For instance, Peter, quoting Moses, preached to the people of Israel:

Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that
 every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

The nation calling itself "Israel" refuses to hear "that prophet" the Lord Jesus Christ - their Messiah. True Israel did & does hear & believe Jesus, & is found among believers of all kindreds of the earth, & of course, in heaven, awaiting the return of their Messiah for resurrection & the NH&NE where all the covenant promises of God will be perfectly fulfilled.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

• Members

it would not take much to cripple US armed forces enough so that a couple boatloads of Chinese could storm the Pacific beach and march right across the country as our new overlords bringing "safety" and "order"

I hear the Chinese own a fair size plot of land in America already, acquired due to America being unable to pay debt, I heard that third hand though. But I think the Secret Gov' of  America and China and all countries will work together through secret societies and use orchestrated disorder and war in order to enslave the nations and enthrone the 'beast' as king.

I heard a man recently teaching the Shemitah 'doctrine' and I tell you it is bunk. Putting stock in one man's 'story' about this Shemitah stuff is a bunch of useless teachings used to magnify a 'prophet' of god. If there are others out there teaching it, I have not heard, but Mr. Cahn is a 'seller' of his side of a story. The so-called blood moon theory is bunk too.

IMO, and A2TB.

The quotes aren't even KJV that refer to the 'prophecy' out of Daschle's mouth -

"I know that there is only the smallest measure of inspiration that can be taken from this devastation. But there is a passage in the Bible from Isaiah that I think speaks to us all at times like this: ‘The bricks have fallen down, but we will rebuild with dressed stone; the fig [or sycamore] trees have been felled, but we will replace them with cedars.'" [Isaiah 9:10] [p.117]

Compare the KJV The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.

I agree that it is bunk and more bunk.

Edited by Old-Pilgrim
to edit of course

• Members

I am not a Cahn follower or promoter, but he is right in saying God is warning America.  I think people like you are simply jealous of people like Cahn who succeeded in gaining fame by pointing out facts.  The man teaches heresies and has to answer for God in the matter, and I would not want to be in his shoes that day....

so what do you think is going to happen coinciding with the Seventh Shemita?  I think it's going to be…....

I am certainly aware, and fully prepared......

So you don't follow Cahn but you do believe in the same sort kabalistic interpretations of scripture? You are mixing truth with Cahn type bunkum, it's a bit like Ec 10:1 Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour. This post started like dead flies.

America does not need any foreign power invading it to assure America's destruction.  America's destruction is being assured by it's own citizens. . . . the few who control the government and the many who vote for the leaders the powerful recommend to the voters. The few who run things are not Americans at heart they are citizens of the world. They have many places they will run to when the nation falls.  

They are such arrogant fools.  They forget that God said in so many words "You can run but you can't hide."                                                                                                         Job 34:21-22  "For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.  There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves."  KJV

I think 'the few' are high level members of secret and secretive societies, Illuminate (so called) the Jesuits, Skull & Bones Freemasonry, rose and cross, and the secret ones most of us have never heard of by name, they are all Luciferian. and are trying to take over the planet.

Who or what is "Israel" in these new covenant in Jesus' blood days? Obviously not the country that claims the name, but totally rejects the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ. 

Although I don't agree with Covenant theology, I think you have a point there in the current context. National Israel is Israel, but I also believe that an Israelite is of the heart, 'the meek' etc, So when The Lord said I will bless them that bless you..' I think that might have been conditional. The Lord however did make a Covenant with the seed of Jacob.

• Members

"Since Shmita has not been observed formally for many centuries, we do not have that much to rely on. But there are vibrant roots deep in the soil of our tradition that are ready to give forth sweet fruits if we can nurture them and tend them with respect, curiosity, and creativity."

Wow! What about the seven?

That quote is from the "Hazon Shmita Sourcebook" 1st edition, August 2013.

The booklet is 108 pages of information about the Jewish community leaders trying to get the plan rolling to actually start Shmita again after many centuries of it not being observed.

Their timeline to start it?  They were hoping the 2014 year would be the start. The date? Sept. 24, 2014.

Their time to engage their schedule of observing the actual Shmita? Sept. 13, 2015 - Sept. 25, 2022.  (page ix Preface)

Very interesting booklet!

• Members

The 4th blood moon will be a supper blood moon over Jerusalem in September. If I were Iran, I would be watching the sky! If Israel attacks Iran, I expect the terrorist cells in America to be turned loose to attack our power grid.

Will it be made of Cheese?

• Members

Will it be made of Cheese?

I don't think I would want any cheese looking like that!

It's interesting the promoters of this blood moon craze point to a few happenings in history they claim happened because of a blood moon as proof their speculations are correct; yet at the same time they dismiss (mostly just ignore) the much larger number of cases over the centuries when these blood moons came and went without incidence.

In other words, these blood moons are a naturally occurring event, not a sign, harbinger of doom, warning or good luck charm.