• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The 7th Shemita is here

• Members

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Get right or get left (behind).  The Rapture/"catching up"/"harpazo" is imminent.  It can happen at any time.  No prophetic signs need to occur in order for the Church to be "caught up to meet the Lord in the air" (1 Thess. 4:16-17)  We need to be looking for "that blessed hope", not for any Shemitah to happen.  Shemitah is for Israel....rapture is for the Church/the Body of Christ.

Edited by LindaR

• Members

The Shemita was for national Israel... not for Gentile Churches.

That said, there are many predictions around the world that the Rapture will take place in late September immediately on the heels of the Shemita.  For the sake of all those making and teaching the date of the Rapture, I hope they are right.  Otherwise, they will all prove themselves to be false prophets.

we should never set dates.  Looking for a date for the Rapture takes focus off of the fact that Christ could return any moment.

• Members

There are many Christians dieing around the world who's faith is so strong that they choose to die rather than deny  Christ.

I run a family quarry. I have seen God bless our company when the shemita has come since 1966. I never knew what a shemita was till Johnathan Chan's book "The Mystery of the Shemita"  but I new if we got an unusually large Job the rest of the economy was probably going to go into decline.

Who is of Israel? Is it by blood or is it of the heart which follows Christ?

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Eric,
First of all, Israel is not the Church and the Church is not Israel.  The Shemitah was part of the Mosaic Law.  Are you under the Mosaic Law, Eric?  The Law was given to Israel, not the Church or the Gentile nations (Psalms 147:19-20)  Are you an Israeli?  The year of release was for Israelis living in Israel during the dispensation of the Mosaic Law, not the Gentile nations or the Church.

From the Berean Call radio broadcast Search The Scriptures 24/7 (9-26-2014):
"Well, the Hebrew word Shemitah actually means “release,” and so what happened is just as in the law God set aside the seventh day of the week as the day of rest, He also set aside the seventh year as a year of rest for the land, so there was not to be any planting or harvesting during the seventh year. And in preparation for that, it was actually a year of blessing, because in the sixth year He caused the land to produce three times what it normally would so that it would carry them through the seventh year and then on into the eighth year until the harvest came. So another thing that happened was that at the last day of that seventh year, debtors were to be released from the debts that they owed to their creditors, whoever they had borrowed from was to wipe the slate clean, and so they were released. That’s where the word Shemitah comes from: they were released from their debt. And so that began to be applied to that day, and then applied to the whole year, that seventh year. So when we talk about Shemitah, we’re actually talking about the Sabbath year, one year every seven years when the land would rest and debts would be wiped clean."  (David James   http://www.thebereancall.org/content/what-shemitah-david-james-part-1 )

So, who did you "release" from work when the "shemita" came?  Did you cancel all debts also?

Better to stick to the Scriptures rather than Jonathan Cahn.  Jonathan Cahn also uses the Kabbalah (Zohar) for some of his "false" prophecies.

Here are the 4 Scripture verses (all in Deuteronomy) where the "Shemitah" is found:

Deuteronomy 15:1 At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. (shemitah)
Deuteronomy 15:2 And this is the manner of the release: (shemitah)  Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the LORD'S release. (shemitah)

Deuteronomy 15:9 Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, (shemitah) is at hand; and thine eye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he cry unto the LORD against thee, and it be sin unto thee.

Deuteronomy 31:10 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, (shemitah) in the feast of tabernacles,

Edited by LindaR
Delete image

• Members

Jonathan Cahn teaches from the Kabbalah (Zohar).  The Kabbalah (Zohar) is Jewish mysticism....not inspired Scriptures!

Published on Apr 10, 2013

THIS IS THE VIDEO CLIP JONATHAN CAHN DOES NOT WANT THE WORLD TO SEE! TO FIND OUT WHY HE HAD IT CENSORED, READ COMMENTS BELOW IN IT'S ENTIRETY.

You will have to follow the youtube link for the comments.

Edited by LindaR
Added a comment

• Members

First of all, fearing the future is sin.  It's obvious that the world is heading for some climatic judgments and Christians who have been protected by America are probably going to lose that protection. 

Second, Cahn's heretical teachings and Jewish mysticism practices or ties do not change historical facts.  God judges nations according to how they treat the Jews, He always has and always will.  The events Cahn points out in recent history and their parallel of Jewish special seasons and times is undeniable.  From what I have gathered, the prediction is that something big is expected to happen around September 28th (I think it will be the fall of the Dollar, complete collapse of US economy as the Dollar is replaced from being the world standard currency, and I hope I'm wrong...or maybe an event similar to or worse than 9/11 which would severely cripple North America....I am not too concerned about what is going to happen....I have read the script, I know how the show is going to end and Jesus has me saved from it all). 

Some people want to whine about this being a "false prophecy" or "setting a date for the Lord's return" (which neither I nor anybody I know of has done), or "seeking a sign" as if it's wrong to believe God is indeed warning of judgment and His warning is plain in His word as well as evident in current events.  Those "seeking a sign" people act like it's sin to read the newspaper and say, "wow, God is warning America" when Islamic terrorists took down the Twin Towers within 24 hours of a big land for peace deal being pushed on Israel by Bush.   You can believe God is warning America and the world of severe judgment coming or you can bury your head in the sand and say "who cares?  I live by faith and current events mean nothing to me"  The chain of events, historical and undeniable facts, is so astounding it made the fuzz on my bald head stand on end when I looked at them.  I really don't care about Cahn's teachings and none of that is necessary...just look at the historical facts of things that have happened, and the dates they fell on. If you can't see God is warning America to repent and return to God or fall hard under God's  judgment, and in turn the world spiraling down with no steadying protection of American leadership into greater and greater chaos leading up to the reign of Anti-Christ, you are either willfully burying your head in the sand or have a mental block for some reason.  I honestly hope the predictions around 9/28 are misguided and we enjoy the stability we have until the Lord returns, but it seems like one month in this world is enough time for it to blow to bits, let alone the three months leading up to 9/28.

I'm living the time God loans me in fear of Him and nothing else no matter what trials and persecutions come.  Nero in Rome burned Christians as human torches, and there is little preventing another Hitler from taking power in America and doing such things  to Christians now.

Now is the time to do everything we can while we have the freedom to do it to spread the gospel, sow seeds of the word for the Lord.  I always appreciate being encouraged to witness for and serve the Lord, and encourage others to do the same.

Arguing about Cahn is a waste of time.  Heretic of not,  the man deserves  credit for highlighting the recent events in history and how they  go so far beyond coincidence indicating  God's finger pointing at America and the world warning of judgment. 

Praise the Lord!   ....and the Spirit and the bride say, Come. 

Even so, come,  Lord Jesus.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.  Amen.

Edited by Saintnow

• Administrators

Mat. 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:  

Luke 11:29  And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Mark 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Rom. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 

• Members

Mat. 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:  

Luke 11:29  And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

Mark 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.

Rom. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 

cliche'....it's simply observing what is happening, not seeking a sign for proof of faith of the Lord's return or anything like that.  This kind of response is a cheap general insult taking a whole scriptures out of context and  combining them for some strange reason.

Edited by Saintnow