• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Members

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/world/pope-mass-ecuador-quito/index.html

Works without Salvation

Full Definition of INIQUITY

:  gross injustice :  wickedness
:  a wicked act or thing :  sin

Read the Gospel, Francis answered on Tuesday, specifically Matthew 25. In that passage, Jesus says that in the Last Days, Christians will be asked whether they fed the hungry, clothed the naked, visited the sick.

"This is the heart of the Gospel," the Pope said.

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

To him that worketh not but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, even his faith is counted for righteousness. (From the book of Romans)

That's extremely clear that we are saved by faith alone apart from works.

There are two judgments in scripture. 

1. the Judgment seat of Christ, a description of this is given in 1st Corinthians.

2. The great white throne judgment- this is described in Revelation 20:11-15.

Christians only go to the judgment seat of Christ, Christians are not a part of the Great White Throne Judgment, Matthew 25 is describing the Great White Throne Judgment, in Revelation we see Christians already resurrected and in their glorified bodies prior to Chapter 20. 

• Members

Works without Salvation

Read the Gospel, Francis answered on Tuesday, specifically Matthew 25. In that passage, Jesus says that in the Last Days, Christians will be asked whether they fed the hungry, clothed the naked, visited the sick.

Why are you quoting this Antichrist Jesuit?

• Members

Why are you quoting this Antichrist Jesuit?

Because sometimes it helps to know how people are trapped.  Thats what I call a "Papal curve ball"   He throws a lot of them.  You take that passage on its own. Hey looks good.  It's not the whole council of God of course.  Just like any cult they pick out one or two verses.  That means nothing to you but to the trapped and the people considering its confusing. The whole council of God is the entire Word of God.  You don't just pick out one verse to justify your works based anthem.   I hope no one shrunk back from the commie cross.  Another papal curve we won't put that commie cross in any church.  lol what next to all your other idols?   The catholic "church" is very slippery with over they say:  1.1 Billion members. 

A lot of people "hear" these popes with their conscience.  That includes many Harlots.  The world can understand him hey even the media can agree with some of what he says if it fits their conscience.  That goes for Israel too.  Who went their own little way deciding what was righteous on their own (the Law).  Instead of submitting to Gods righteousness.   

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

To him that worketh not but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, even his faith is counted for righteousness. (From the book of Romans)

That's extremely clear that we are saved by faith alone apart from works.

There are two judgments in scripture. 

1. the Judgment seat of Christ, a description of this is given in 

2. The great white throne judgment- this is described in Revelation 20:11-15.

Christians only go to the judgment seat of Christ, Christians are not a part of the Great White Throne Judgment, Matthew 25 is describing the Great White Throne Judgment, in Revelation we see Christians already resurrected and in their glorified bodies prior to Chapter 20. 

I disagree completely with this.  Both judgments are the same.  In Revelation , those whose names are not in the book of life are mentioned, that presupposes that there are those whose names are in the book of life,  In  1st Corinthians Paul said all would appear before the judgment seat.

29  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. 

Here we see that the judgment and separation are at the same day. 

36  Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 37  He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38  The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41  The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42  And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43  Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Edited by Invicta
added scripture

• Members

I disagree completely with this.  Both judgments are the same.  In Revelation , those whose names are not in the book of life are mentioned, that presupposes that there are those whose names are in the book of life,  In  1st Corinthians Paul said all would appear before the judgment seat.

29  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. 

Here we see that the judgment and separation are at the same day. 

36  Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 37  He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38  The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41  The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42  And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43  Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Paul said WE must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ.. He's writing to the Corinthian Church made up of believers, so he is talking about WE all as in We THE CHURCH! plus in that judgment Paul said the persons who's works are burnt up will HE HIMSELF BE SAVED!

• Members

Perhaps the same Judgement lasts throughout the whole period from Christ's resurrection, and the start of the resurrection of the righteous,  till His return, the Judgement of the wicked and that of the righteous will be when they awake, and are raised, as for 'he himself being saved', I think that would apply to everyone who is saved, Paul is pointing out that although there will be some fire for the Christian, he will be saved, where as the lost while going through the same judgement will be damned since they have no-one to redeem them, and thre names aren't in the book of life, I agree that all are at the resurrection mentioned in Rev, when the books are open, but I think the books are being opened just now, and that it started when Christ rose, I think they are scrolls, it seems a little like DNA being undone.

There are allot of scriptures to take into account on this topic, I start from this one- Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

I assume I was really dead, and now that I cannot die, therefore there cannot be any need for a future resurrection, I think the erroneous doctrine of the body of dust being remade and changed and reconciled to the soul at some future point is an error which comes about by not taking all the verses about death and resurrection literally.Eph 5:14.

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. <<< This is about the Resurrection, or/and the real Exodus. 'Captivity' from the Hebrew carries the idea of a train of chained prisoners, like an exodus, it is a caravan it has a start a middle and an ending. Jesus Said that he had an exodus to accomplish from Jerusalem.

Lu 9:31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease* which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

*Strong's Greek Dictionary
1841. exodos
Search for G1841 in KJVSL exodoV exodos ex'-od-os

from 1537 and 3598; an exit, i.e. (figuratively) death:--decease, departing.

I.E. The Lord went forth with a shout, the dead were raised, some to everlasting life, some to everlasting contempt (those who reject the Gospel) It is time for Judgement to begin at the house of God.

There are Scriptures about the start of the resurrection all over, here is another 'sign' event;

Mt 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,<<< I would take from that that the resurrection of the righteous happens first, since these mentioned are saints.

I guess that judgement day will last at least 1000 years, maybe 2000

Edited by Old-Pilgrim

• Members

Works without Salvation

>>>>fed the hungry, clothed the naked, visited the sick.

"This is the heart of the Gospel,<<<<<

I can get that message from my local 'Baptist Church' if I want.

• Members

>>>>fed the hungry, clothed the naked, visited the sick.

"This is the heart of the Gospel,<<<<<

I can get that message from my local 'Baptist Church' if I want.

If that Baptist church is teaching that doing those things is the heart of the Gospel they are as wrong as the Pope.

The heart of the Gospel is Christ, the only means of salvation.

Those works wrongly being called the heart of the Gospel are fruits of salvation.

• Members

If that Baptist church is teaching that doing those things is the heart of the Gospel they are as wrong as the Pope.

Those works wrongly being called the heart of the Gospel are fruits of salvation.

Exactly. You can hit anyones conscience with the law.  Nice trick on his part (pope).   People that don't have Salvation don't understand the things of God. However there is the law.  Which they do have. 

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

Well its called a baptist church, last time I went there the message could be summed up thus ' the Bible was written in a different language to different culture...I can't understand it, but I have got a few books here, then he quoted books about the good works of some bishop and good works of others organisations which feed/help the third world, and said what are you/we doing?...that was it. I thought how sad, It is the only time I can remember coming out of church mourning for the lack of truth. They have no pastor, but even so they had just sorted out their elder ship, and this was the best speaker they could come up with, I later found out that he was their leader, or in charge.