• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• Members
22 minutes ago, Alan said:

in the case of a national leader, a king, a Prime Minister, a President, or other individual who is in charge of a nation, can be called a shepherd.

So technically we do vote for pastors in our Political elections! ? ? :15_1_63:

• Members

Well, I am not sure. :15_1_63:

I was going to bring out in the study Romans 13:4, "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth  not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." Twice in this verse Paul stated that the ruler was "a minister of God." But, I decided against it. :sorry:

Rulers, lost or saved, are leaders, are ministers of God, and are in a position of authority: as a shepherd. But, they are not to be held to the qualifications of a man of God.

I will bring out one other item. Rulers, because they are 'ministers of God' and 'shepherds,' will be judged as such: Revelation 20:12

Edited by Alan
grammar

• Members

An addendum to the Ezekiel 34:23-31, “King David, the King, the Shepherd and Prince of Israel” Introduction to Ezekiel chapter 34 study.

Concerning the ‘shepherds’ in Ezekiel 34:2, Dr. David Sorenson makes this observation, “God here directs the prophet to prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. The thought clearly is a figure of speech—a metaphor or parable. The shepherds of Israel were the leaders thereof, whether spiritual, political, or royal. These, no doubt, included their political governors, kings, princes, civil magistrates of every degree as well as priests. God issued a malediction against the leaders of the nation. The flock clearly is a metaphor of the greater nation. The leaders thereof did not help the people, but rather abused and took advantage of them, all the while benefitting at their expense. In short, the leadership in Israel was corrupt and greedy.”1

God bless!

Alan

1Sorenson, David, H., “Ezekiel,” (Duluth, MN: Northstar Ministries), Page 233

• Administrators

I agree, it is clearly a metaphor, but non- the-less accurate. As further evidence against "the shepherds", one might even go so far as to include a verse that may be pertinent from Malachi: Malachi 3:8 (KJV) Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Alan, if you see this as not relevant or off topic I will remove it; but I see it as the leaders abusing the people and not helping them, while at the same time robbing God. After all, the priests were leaders also.

• Members

Jim,

I agree. Your post was pertinent and not off topic. The priests were leaders and they miss-used their position of authority over the people.

As a person reads the prophets, in this case Malachi and Ezekiel, the religious leaders, the national leaders (after King Josiah especially), the priests (not all of them), and the many false prophets, as a whole, were abusing the office(s) that God gave them.

Also, one of the reasons  why I brought the subject of the shepherds out in the forefront was that Ezekiel makes it plain in Ezekiel 34:24 that David is called a Shepherd: a national leader, that will lead the nation of Israel in righteousness.

Alan

• Members

In my recent study on Jeremiah 23:7-8 I quoted the error of Steven Anderson and his mistaken interpretation of Matthew 24:31. In my current lesson on Ezekiel 34:13a, and the proper interpretation of Matthew 24:31, the gathering of the elect, I would like to add this comment on how traditional IFB men of God have correctly interpreted this passage.

Concerning Matthew 24:31, John R. Rice stated, “The miraculous regathering of living Israel to Palestine is told in verse 31, “he shall send his angels.” That is, Zionism will not bring the whole nation of Jews back to Palestine; the angels of God will gather these “elect,” chosen people, and bring them back to their own land.”1

As I have previously brought out in earlier studies, and John R. Rice had brought out is his Matthew Commentary, when the Lord Jesus stated, “And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end to the other” Matthew 24:31, this “gathering” is not for the church age saints, nor was in accomplished when the modern nation of Israel was established in May 1948.

1Rice, John R., A Verse-by-Verse Commentary - Matthew (Murfreesboro, TN: Sword of the Lord Publishers, 1955), page 388.

• Members

Revelation 20:4a – Judgment of the False Shepherds & Nations

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:” Revelation 20:4a

After the tribulation, as prophesied in Matthew 24:1-29, the Lord Jesus will gather the flock of the remnant of the living Jews and then judgment occurs as Ezekiel prophesies in 34:13-22 and fulfilled at the beginning of the Millennial reign of Christ as written in Revelation 20:4a.

The remnant of believing, converted, Jews have been gathered in the land of Israel. The prophet Ezekiel further prophesied of this time period in Ezekiel 36:24, “For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.”

The prophet Ezekiel, for the third time, also prophesied of the day when the Jews would be gathered from all of the countries of the world back to the land of Israel. “And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land.” Ezekiel 37:21

The Good Shepherd will judge the evil shepherds that were left alive after the events of the 7-Year Tribulation Period transpired as He judges the nations. Revelation 20:4 and Matthew 25:31-46. The parable of the Sheep and the Goats, is the fulfillment of Ezekiel 34:13-22

Note: In my previous study on Clarence Larkin’s book, “The Spirit World,” here on Online Baptist, I brought out Larkin’s teaching concerning Matthew 25:31-46 and Revelation 20:4-6, I then added my personal notes on the subject. Here is the link to that study:

Note: The third passage where God tells He will gather them back in the land is quoted in the next upload as there was too much to upload this time.

Alan

Edited by Alan
added the note in red font.

• Members

Revelation 20:4b-6 The Reign of Christ & Reign of the Saints

Revelation 20:4-6, “... and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

Ezekiel 34:23-31, the Davidic Covenant, 2 Samuel 7:12-17, Fulfilled

After the events of Ezekiel 34:13-22, the prophet Ezekiel gives us the prophecy of the events of the Millennial reign of Christ.

Ezekiel 34:23-31, “And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant, David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods. And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them. And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid. And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. Thus shall they know that I am the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the LORD God. And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the LORD God.”

David as King and Shepherd of Israel

“And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant, David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. ” When the prophet Ezekiel refers to David as the shepherd it is referring to the leadership position of David as the Prince of Israel leading the Jews as a leader.

Also, the prophet Ezekiel is very clear that David will be king, under the Lord Jesus as KING OF KINGS, co-reigning, over Israel during the Millennial reign of Christ. “And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all. … And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and to them.” Ezekiel 37:22 & 24

The prophet Hosea also declared that David would return, be resurrected, as the King over Israel. “For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.” Hosea 3:3-5

David Cloud mentions Ezekiel 34:23-24 as one of the proof texts that the Davidic Covenant is fulfilled literally. Cloud states, “The prophets often mention the Davidic covenant and interpret it literally (Isa. 9:6-7; 16:5; 22:22-24; 55:3-5; Jer. 23:5-6; 30:9; 33:15-26; Eze. 34:23-24; 37:24-25; Amo. 9:11-15; Zec. 12:7 - 13:1).

For example, Hosea plainly describes the fall of Israel followed by her return and the re-establishment of the Davidic kingdom.

For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: AFTERWARD shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days” (Ho. 3:4-5).”1

The prophet Jeremiah prophesied that David would be raised up as king over Israel. Jeremiah 30:9, “But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.” David will be raised to be the king over Israel and be under the Lord Jesus, as the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, who will reign over all the nations of the world.

In the relationship between Christ as king over David’s throne in Jerusalem and David also reigning, J. Dwight Pentecost stated, “David is regent in the millennium. There are a number of references which establish the regency of David in the millennium (Isa.55:3-4; Jer. 30:9; 33:15, 17, 20-21; Ezek. 34:23-24; 37:24-25; Hos. 3:3; Amos 9:11). There is no question but that the Lord Jesus Christ will reign in the theocratic kingdom on earth by virtue of the fact that He was born in David’s line and possesses the royal and regal rights to the throne (Matt. 1:1; Luke 1:32-33).”2

“And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods. ” The “evil beasts,” in the context of Ezekiel 34:25, is that of Ezekiel 34:1-22. In the context of the Davidic Covenant, God plainly states that “… neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime.” 2 Samuel 7:10

A Covenant of Peace

“And I will make with them a covenant of peace ...” as the rest of this prophecy is clearly dealing with the Jews ‘in the land’ than the peace that Ezekiel is referring to is a literal time when the Jewish race has no fear of war, a country with cities without walls, financial instability, no corruption in the Government, and no foreign governments threatening a conflict of any kind.

Since the day that Ezekiel penned this prophecy the Jews have not had a “covenant of peace.”

This covenant is future and this covenant of peace will be established, and administered by, the, Prince of Peace, when “the government” is “upon his shoulders.” The prophet Isaiah prophesied, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”Isaiah 9:6. Until the day when the Lord Jesus sits on His throne governing the nations of the world there will be no lasting peace in Israel nor in any other nation on the face of this earth.

1Cloud, David, “Is God Finished With Israel?” Way of Life Literature, August 8, 2017, Copied on December 22, 2019, <https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/is-god-finished-with-israel.php>.

2Pentecost, J. Dwight, “Things to Come,” page 498.

Edited by Alan
grammar added the Cloud reference doubled word

• Members

Brethren,

I would like to add the following comments on the reference notes on brother David Cloud's quote concerning the Davidic Covenant, Ezekiel 34 and Hosea that I used.

1. The actual quote that I copied was from: Way of Life Literature, August 8, 2017, Copied on December 22, 2019, <https://www.wayoflife.org/reports/is-god-finished-with-israel.php>.

2. Brother Cloud used that quote as a reference from his book, "What About Steven Anderson." Which is available by free PDF format at: https://www.wayoflife.org/free_ebooks/what_about_steven_anderson.php?sahdenial

3. I used the quote from the August 8, 2017 article due to that if fit my Ezekiel 34 study as I wanted to use the quote.

4. I would recommend all of the brethren to obtain the "What About Steven Anderson?" ebook, or an actual copy, as the material, from pages 68-87 is a wealth of material concerning the Davidic Covenant, Ezekiel 34, and other pertinent passages that clearly show the doctrinal truth of the literal restoration of the nation of Israel during the millennium in detail and in much clearer understanding than I can do.

Alan

Edited by Alan
punctuation

• Members

Evil Beasts

The “evil beasts,” and “children of wickedness, is a direct reference to the false shepherds, or religious leaders, and the national leaders in the nation of Israel. False shepherds, in either the economy of the nation of Israel or in the churches in the Church Age, are like “evil beasts.” The Lord Jesus referred to the lost religious leaders in Israel as serpents and Herod, the leader in Israel, as a “fox.” Serpents and foxes are ‘brute beasts’ who destroy and not help. In Daniel 7 the great four kings of the earth are compared to beasts.

In 2 Peter 2:12 the apostle Peter refers to the false prophets and teachers in the churches as, “natural brute beasts.” 2 Peter 2:12, “But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption.”

“… out of the land ...” is a direct reference to the land of Israel.

David as Prince

Also, the “prince,” it is a direct reference to the “prince’ in Ezekiel 44:1-3 and 46:1-18. The prince is to offer burnt offerings, peace offerings, meat offerings, voluntary burnt offerings, and the prince will inherit land (Ezekiel 46:16), and have sons: “Moreover the prince shall not take of the people’s inheritance by oppression, to thrust them out of their possession; but he shall give his sons inheritance out of his own possession: that my people be not scattered every man from his possession.” Ezekiel 46:18

The Lord Jesus has never had to offer an sin offering nor will He ever have physical sons according to the nature of man. It is a scriptural impossibility for the “prince” to be the Lord Jesus in any manner; whether prophetically, literally, symbolically, allegorically, or any other sense of the word.

And, up the time of the apostles, David, the prince of Israel, was not resurrected. Acts 2:29, “Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.”

Unmistakable Literal Prophecies of the Restoration of Israel

And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit ...” As with other prophecies of the Old Testament, the physical blessings of the natural fruits of the trees of the field, the abundance of rain in the land of Israel, will cause an abundance of food productivity in Israel. Isaiah 35:1-10

“… and they shall be safe in their land ...” Since the days that Ezekiel penned these words, until this very day, this prophecy has not been fulfilled. Even from the days when the Israel became a nation in May 1948, the Jews in Israel have not dwelled safely in the land. “… in their land ...” is clearly a reference to the physical land of Israel. There is absolutely no way “… in their land ...” can be construed in any other manner. Again, this is another reference (verse 13 & 25 and now verse 27), to the Jews being safe ‘in their land.’

The prophet Zechariah prophesied, “And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.” Zechariah 14:11. The only time the nation of Israel, will be inhabited safely is during the reign of Christ as revealed in Revelation 20:4-6.

“…and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them. And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen ...” To this day, the Jews are despised among men, a shame among men, and a physical prey to the Muslim world and a verbal prey to those who despise the Jew.

Psalm 124

In this Psalm King David expresses his thanks to God for His protection from the ungodly who ‘prey’ upon the Jews, with their ‘teeth.’ The haters of Israel, in their wrath, or anger, or envy, use their ‘teeth,’ the words of their mouth, because they despise the Jews, to scorn, ridicule, malign, the nation of Israel with their tongues.“If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say; If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us: Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us: Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul: Then the proud waters had gone over our soul. Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.” Psalm 124:1-8

“… neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid. And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.”

The “beasts of the land” is a reference not only to the animals of the land, Isaiah 11:6-9, but, in the context of Ezekiel 34:1-12 and 2 Samuel 7:10, the beasts of the land is a figure of speech concerning the wicked rulers, enemy nations, and false shepherds, who act like beasts of the wilderness.

Hosea 1:10-11 The Promise of a Future ‘Great Day’

Hosea 1:10-11, “Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.” The ‘great day’ for the nation of Israel will be fulfilled during the 1,000 Year Reign of Christ. At that time, the nation of Israel will be completely free of the haters of Israel, and their fiery tongues, and will not suffer shame any more.

“… in the land ...” is another clear reference to the physical, literal, land of Israel. The prophecy by Ezekiel is crystal clear that all of these promises of the reign of David as King, Prince, and the shepherd of Israel will take place ‘in the land.’

The “plant of renown” is a figure of speech in a reference to the Messiah, the Lord Jesus. William Kelly stated, “It is absurd on every point of view to interpret these prophecies of the church or of the gospel. Then the very beasts will have their nature changed, and the earth yield its increase: for it will be the day for which creation waits, groaning still and travailing in pain, but then it is to be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.

It is the day when Messiah is raised up for them, not now rejected and despised as once, a plant of renown, and Israel shall no more either pine with hunger in the land or be a reproach of the Gentiles. Jehovah will be with them, their God, and they His people. Has He spoken, and will He not make all good? Is aught too hard, too good, for the Lord?”1

Thus shall they know that I am the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the LORD God. And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the LORD God.” This prophecy is unfulfilled to this day. Once the remnant of the Jews return to the Lord, and trust in Christ as their Messiah and Saviour, this prophecy will be fulfilled as revealed by Paul the Apostle in Romans 11:26-27, “And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.”

God, through the prophet Ezekiel, Hosea, and Jeremiah, is crystal clear that all of these prophecies will be fulfilled after they are gathered “in the land,” and “upon the mountains of Israel.” At that time, the fulfillment of the unconditional covenant given to David in 2 Samuel 7:12-7 will be fulfilled.

Therefore, all of the prophecies of Ezekiel 34:23-31 are literal and can not be construed as ‘allegorical,’ or ‘spiritual,’ or fulfilled in heaven with Christ on His throne in heaven. All of the prophecies have not been fulfilled up to our day, were not given to the church but await a literal future fulfillment. This prophecy of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 34: 23-31 has not been fulfilled in any sense of the word and can only be fulfilled, in every sense of the word, during the reign of Christ as written in Revelation 20:4-6

1Kelly, William, Notes on Ezekiel, (London: G. Morrish), n.d., page 167.

Edited by Alan
formatting

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Brethren,

In my travels while on furlough from Taiwan,  I have had some conversations with several pastors and saints in the pew that would like for me to continue this study on the prophesies in the Old Testament that prophesy of the literal Millennial reign of Christ, and the Restoration of the nation of Israel, as recorded in Revelation 20:4-6. This study has been on the back burner for awhile due to my travels, other commitments, getting the house in order to return to Taiwan, and creating another website. My most pressing commitment, the "Scientific Facts in the Bible," thread in PDF format, is a week or two in being finished.

So, sharpen up your swords, meditate on the prophets and their ministries, and take a closer look at Ezekiel 45:1-8 and just take every word as it reads. As an added blessing to those saints who believe every word as it is written, and for those folks who are not sure who the saints are  in Revelation 7:1-8, maybe Ezekiel 45:1-8 can open up those spiritual eyes and see that Ezekiel was truly a prophet and that every word from the mouth of the Old Testament prophets will be fulfilled exactly as prophesied. 

God Bless!

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling grammar

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ezekiel 45:1-8, “The Dividing of the land of Israel According to the Tribes of Israel.”
Introduction
The context of Ezekiel 45:1-8 is within the context of the ‘visions of God’ starting in Ezekiel 40:1 and continuing to the end of the book of Ezekiel 48:35. The ‘visions of God’ in this complete section of Ezekiel of the Tabernacle are literal, and cannot be construed, or interpreted, in any allegorical sense of the word. Also, the description of the Tabernacle, the offerings, the Levites, the Prince, the ceremonies, the courts, have not been fulfilled in the building of the Temple as recorded in Ezra 6-10, nor can it be a description of Herod’s Temple, nor can it be the Temple built during the 7-Year Tribulation Period, nor in any physical, or spiritual, sense of the word since Ezekiel penned the prophecy.

Therefore, the building of the Tabernacle as described by the prophecy of Ezekiel is future. Since the scripture is very clear that the Apostle John clearly states that in the New Jerusalem, and the New Earth, there is no temple. “And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.” (Revelation 21:22).
The only possible point in time, as far as the scriptures are concerned, that the prophecy of Ezekiel can be fulfilled as written, is during the 1000-Year Reign of Christ as depicted in Revelation 20:4-8.

• Members

The prophet Ezekiel prophesied, “Moreover, when ye shall divide by lot the land for inheritance, ye shall offer an oblation unto the LORD, an holy portion of the land: the length shall be the length of five and twenty thousand reeds, and the breadth shall be ten thousand. This shall be holy in all the borders thereof round about.” Ezekiel 45:1

The Lord is audibly explaining to the prophet Ezekiel how they should divide the land for the sanctuary of God and for the inheritance of the people. The ‘land’ is clearly physical land, it cannot be heaven, and it cannot be spiritual, and allegory nor a reference to the any ‘inheritance to church age saints.

The ‘Inheritance’ of the Saints in the Church

In speaking to the saints in Colosse, and therefore to all of the saints in the church age, the apostle Paul states, “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.” Colossians 3:23-24. If a saint in whatsoever he does, does it heartily as to the Lord, he will receive an inheritance.

In the book of Ephesians chapter 1, the apostle Paul, among other spiritual truths, as an example, lets the saints in Ephesus know that the Holy Spirit, at the moment of salvation is the ‘earnest,’ or the down payment if you please, of our inheritance (Ephesians 1:13-14). The ‘earnest’ of the Holy Spirit to all saints in the Church Age is a ‘spiritual’ blessing. All of our blessings, all of the inheritance that Paul writes about in the book of Ephesians is ‘spiritual’ in ‘heavenly places. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.” Ephesians 1:4

The apostle Peter clearly stated that the inheritance of the saints in the church are in heaven. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.” 1 Peter 1:3-4

The ‘inheritance’ of the saints in the church are spiritual and in heaven. There are no physical promises of an inheritance of any kind, especially that of ‘land,’ to the saints in the church.

Therefore, the ‘land’ as mentioned by the prophet Ezekiel is not for the church. Furthermore, the ‘land’ that Ezekiel is referring to is the physical land of Israel and the ‘ye’ is therefore the leaders of the nation of Israel.

• Members

The ‘inheritance’ of the land of Israel will be in accordance to the promise given, by God Himself, to Abraham and his seed as recorded in Genesis 12:1-3 and 15:7-21 and re-affirmed through the prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 1:25-27, and other Old Testament passages, and set in stone by the Lord Jesus, “And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, that ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Matthew 19:28).  

The Oblation – An Holy Portion of the Land – For the Sanctuary

“Moreover, when ye shall divide by lot the land for inheritance, ye shall offer an oblation unto the LORD, an holy portion of the land: the length shall be the length of five and twenty thousand reeds, and the breadth shall be ten thousand. This shall be holy in all the borders thereof round about. Of this there shall be for the sanctuary five hundred in length, with five hundred in breath, square round about; and fifty cubits round about for the suburbs thereof. And of this measure shalt thou measure the length of five and twenty thousand, and the breadth of ten thousand: and in it shall be the sanctuary and the most holy place. The holy portion of the land shall be for the priests the ministers of the sanctuary, which shall come near to minister unto the LORD: and it shall be a place for their houses, and an holy place for the sanctuary. And the five and twenty thousand of length, and the ten thousand of breadth, shall also the Levites, the ministers of the house, have for themselves, for a possession for twenty chambers.”  Ezekiel 45:1-5

The Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines oblation as, “Any thing offered or presented in worship or sacred service; an offering; a sacrifice.”[1] The oblation, or the sacrifice, in this prophecy of Ezekiel is ‘land.’ The land will be used for: The Sanctuary, the Priests, and the Levites. Since the day that the Ezekiel penned this prophecy none of it has been fulfilled either literally, allegorically, symbolically, or in a spiritual sense of the word.

[1] Webster, Noah.  American Dictionary of the English Language. 1828. (Cincinnati, OH: C. J. Krehbiel Company, 2000).  s. v., “oblation.”

Edited by Alan
spelling and to any