• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• Members

Brethren,

The computer problem has been taken care of. Yesterday I re-started on the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study PDF file. My work load is quite heavy right now and hopefully soon I will be caught up in a few days.

Alan

• Members

I like the idea of using charts. Years ago I had a "charting the end times" book written by Tim LaHaye (now deceased). He had long been a favorite eschatological teacher, the first book I bought by him was "Are we living in the end times" (Late 70's early 80's) and was/still is one of my favorites. I recently bought Dr. Thomas Ice's new book "Charting the Bible chronologically". (I can't afford to purchase new books often so it was a true treat). He also is another of my favorites. While I cannot say that I agree 100% with either of them on minor points, I do agree with them on salvation (grace by faith in Christ alone, the gospel itself being 1 Cor.15:1-4) AND on the pre-trib doctrine. Charts are an excellent visual aid to any eschatological book! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On ‎2017‎年‎4‎月‎16‎日 at 7:32 AM, Alan said:

Except for the three charts, I hope to finish the correction of the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study PDF this coming week. I think  I got all of the spelling corrections done (there were a few embarrassing spelling corrections), and now I want to assure myself that there are no other problems that the brethren think it would be wise to change (tone, spirit, attitude, or scriptural problems). I want the PDF file lesson to be a blessing and a teaching tool.

Brethren,

In the process of trying to get my computer OS's and the computer fixed over here, and at the same time,  it appears that I will have to learn how to operate a Linux system, possibly puchase a new Windows 10 OS, or, so far unseccsessly, find a Windows 7 system that is stable (as some of the programs on my old Windows 7 is unoperable at this point). About the only thing I can use at this point is the word processor. I am finding out the hard way that I cannot upload needed Windows 7 software.

I was able to get the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study pdf file corrected and should be able to upload it soon. But, due to the process of learning new computer OS's, church work, I will have to curtail trying to make the Revelation charts as right now (and anytime in the near future), I do not have the time, and I have to learn the operation of new computer software.

Alan

• Members
41 minutes ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

In the process of trying to get my computer OS's and the computer fixed over here, and at the same time,  it appears that I will have to learn how to operate a Linux system, possibly puchase a new Windows 10 OS, or, so far unseccsessly, find a Windows 7 system that is stable (as some of the programs on my old Windows 7 is unoperable at this point). About the only thing I can use at this point is the word processor. I am finding out the hard way that I cannot upload needed Windows 7 software.

I was able to get the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study pdf file corrected and should be able to upload it soon. But, due to the process of learning new computer OS's, church work, I will have to curtail trying to make the Revelation charts as right now (and anytime in the near future), I do not have the time, and I have to learn the operation of new computer software.

Alan

Bro. Alan,

If your computer will boot from a USB, it's possible to install Linux onto a USB stick and use it that way instead of installing it on the computer's hard drive. That way, you can use Linux at your convenience instead of having no choice but to use it. It will work exactly the same as if installed on your computer though.

Not all Linux OS's can be put on a USB easily, but many can. If this is something you'd be interested in, I can...

1. Make a tutorial video showing how to do it.

...or...

2. I'll do it for you and ship it to you. 

Just let me know.

• Members

Thanks.

If you make a tutorial I will look at it. I have heard of the process.

Does Linux have a good Adobe reader that I can put the Revelation pdf file on it? And, since most folks use Adobe Reader (I cannot upgrade my Adobe Reader 9 I am finding out),

can the folks who use Adobe Reader read the pdf if I use the Linux system?

For your information, I have Linux Rosa , Cinnamon 18.2  17.3 version, on the church computer (in a different location). I like it and am starting to learn how to use the system and what is compatible with Microsoft OS's.

Edited by Alan
struck out 18.2 and added 17.3 version

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Thanks.

If you make a tutorial I will look at it. I have heard of the process.

Bro. Alan,

I won't continue to disrupt your Revelation thread further; I apologize.

I'll do my best to make the tutorial this evening. I was thrown for a loop at first. There is a Russian Linux OS called Rosa. Then I realized you were talking about Linux Mint. If I remember correctly, I think the Linux Mint installer will allow for installing onto a USB, but I'm not sure. I'll check it out. If it does, is Linux Mint the one you'd like to see in the tutorial?

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Does Linux have a good Adobe reader that I can put the Revelation pdf file on it? And, since most folks use Adobe Reader (I cannot upgrade my Adobe Reader 9 I am finding out),

can the folks who use Adobe Reader read the pdf if I use the Linux system?

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to make PDF files with Linux, but you also want them to be accessible to people on Windows who use Adobe Reader?

First, I use Evince as my PDF viewer on Linux. It has never failed to open a PDF file for me. There are many other PDF viewers for Linux.

Second, whenever I need to create a PDF file, I use WPS Office Writer to create the document. Then when I'm finished creating the document, I use the "Export to pdf..." option to save it as a PDF file. Afterward, it opens perfectly with my Evince pdf viewer on Linux, and it opens perfectly with Adobe Reader on Windows.

I don't use LibreOffice, but from my understanding, it also can "Export to pdf".

If you're on a Windows computer, you can try the attached test pdf that I just made (as I described above using WPS Office) to see how it opens with Adobe Reader.

If you want to continue this conversation or have questions, we can start a new thread (or use private messages) if you wish...so as not to further disrupt your Revelation thread.

Document1.pdf

• Members
On ‎2017‎年‎4‎月‎4‎日 at 6:39 AM, Alan said:

The kingdom years years, one thousand years reign of Christ and the reign of Christ on the throne of David are one and the same.

Brethren,

We can continue this study where we let off.

In our study of the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets concerning the millenium, Revelation 20:4-6, we noticed that, in the Old Testament, that the prophets described the 1000 year time of universal peace with the nation of Israel in the Promised Land using different terminology. In the above example, the throne of David, was mentioned,  previously in our study on Zechariah 9:10 (Lesson # 13), we read the descriptive phrase, "and his dominion ..." in describing the Kingdom.

So, we notice that sometimes the confusion surrounding the literal reign of Christ for 1000 years is due to the different terminology to describe the event.  If there are any passages that you think are connected with the 1000 year reign of Christ in the Old Testament prophets, and are not sure, maybe we can discuss it and find out if the passage is applicable to Revelation 20:4-6 or not.

Alan

Edited by Alan
were to where deleted doubled word grammer

• Members

There is so much OT scripture pertaining to the millennial reign. Psalm 72 for example (entire chapter). Hard to pick just one verse from it.... 
"Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him." (v.11)

• Members
19 hours ago, Ronda said:

There is so much OT scripture pertaining to the millennial reign. Psalm 72 for example (entire chapter). Hard to pick just one verse from it.... 
"Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him." (v.11)

Ronda,

Excellent observation.

Psalm 72 has numerous passages that have not been fulfilled yet and is obviously prophetic. These passages obviously can only be fulfilled during the restoration of the nation of israel, with Christ reigning as King over the entire earth, as written in Revelation 20:4-6

I had previously touched on the relationship between Psalm 67 and 72 in Lesson # 19. Below I have atttached just my notes on Psalm 72.

Brethren,

As Ronda mentioned, Psalm 72 is rich in prophecy. I would suggest a slow reading of Psalm 72 and think of every aspect of it prophetically and remember the admonition of the fellow-servant who spoke to John the apostle in Revelation 19:10, "And I fell at his feet to worship him. and he said unto me. See thou do it not: I am thy fellow-servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony on Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Alan

On ‎2017‎年‎3‎月‎6‎日 at 1:13 PM, Alan said:

Brethren,

Today I started to write Lesson # 19, Psalm 67:6

In order to obtain the full richness of Psalm 67:6 we will be looking at the the complete Psalm. This will be the last lesson in the series on the 19 lessons on the prophecies of the Old Testament and the Millenial reign of the Messiah, the Lord Jesus, on His throne in Jerusalem as John the Apostle reveals in Revelation 20:4-6  

In connection with the lesson please take a look at Psalm 72

I will be handling this lesson a little bit different from the other lessons. I will be bringing out the reason why the Lord reigns on the earth for 1000 years before the start of eternity. We will be looking at the heart of God in this matter. God has an plan, He will fulfill that plan, and He has a desire to use those who love him in fulfilling His plan. "But we have this treasure in earthern vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7 

One last thought on Psalm 67. I will be writing the lesson as a devotion with a spiritual application. Psalm 67 has been called by some as, "The Missionary Psalm." You may want to take a gander at Acts 1:8 to see where I'm headed.

Alan

On ‎2017‎年‎3‎月‎9‎日 at 11:40 AM, Alan said:

The mercy of God towards physical deliverance –

A Type of the Salvation of Israel as written by Paul in Romans 11:1-29

The story of Hezekiah, 2 Kings 18: 1-19:37 and 2 Chronicles 29:1-32:33, is an example of the mercy of God on the whole nation of Israel at Jerusalem after a time of repentance, calling upon God for physical deliverance, cleansing of the Temple of the defilements (2 Chronicles 29:5), and a total dependence upon God. What did God say? And then what did God do? “For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my servant David’s sake. And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.” 2 Kings 19:34 & 35

The story of the physical salvation, and deliverance, of Judah (Jerusalem), in the reign of King Hezekiah, is a type, or foretaste, of the national salvation, and deliverance, including the cleansing of the Temple in Jerusalem, towards the Jews as Paul referred to Romans 11:1-29 and 2 Corinthians 4:15 & 16

This type includes the cleansing of the Temple of the defilements within the Temple. “And he brought in the priests and the Levites, and gathered them together in the east street, And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the LORD God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place.” 2 Chronicles 29: 4 &5

During the Tribulation Period, the re-built Temple is filled with defilements. God is going to cleanse the Temple and create another one. Revelation 11:1, 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Ezekiel chapter 40-46

Mauro, Preterism, and Mercy towards the nation of Israel

The advocates of a-millennialism, or Preterism, from the days of Augustine, to our current age, teaches that since the Jews rejected the Lord Jesus as the Messiah the nation of Israel was permanently cast aside in 70 A.D. Thereafter, the Church, called, ‘True, or, Spiritual Israel,’ took its place (Replacement Theology), and as a nation (not as individuals), the nation is never to be restored and the mercy of God is non-existent. Philip Mauro states this position.

Furthermore, instead of relying on the prophecy of the Old Testament prophecies, Mauro, like almost all preterists, use human reasoning to assume that since the passages are not repeated in the New Testament, than they are not to be fulfilled. This is an error. Whether or not a prophetic passage is repeated in the New Testament, in the way a person perceives it should be repeated, does not discount, nullify, or otherwise change that prophecy. As I discussed before, Mauro changes the Old Testament prophetical word, ‘restore,’ to, ‘reconstruction.’

In the chapter titled, “WHAT THE N. T. TEACHES AS TO FUTURE MERCY FOR THE JEWS.”[1] Philip Mauro states:

What then does the New Testament say as to the reconstruction hereafter of the

Jewish nation; as to the re-occupation by that nation of the land of Canaan; as to

its exaltation to the place of world-supremacy and headship over other  nations;

as to  the re-building of the temple and the re-institution of bloody sacrifices &.?

Not one word.[2]

[1] Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers,1929), 137

[2] Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers,1929), 140

Mauro has his own thoughts on mercy towards the Jewish nation, the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets concerning the leadership of Christ over the world in the land of Israel. Whether or not a prophecy concerning the mercy of God towards Israel, or a specific prophecy towards Israel, is mentioned in the New Testament does not preclude God showing mercy towards Israel or fulfilling a prophecy. Mauro’s reasoning in his own private interpretation.

Mauro continues his faulty reasoning, and falsehoods, by stating:

It will probably be agreed by all Bible teachers that there is no prediction in the

New Testament of a national restoration of the Jewish people; and we believe

It has been already shown in these pages that the testimony of the New Testa-

ment excludes the possibility of such a thing.[1] 

In earlier statements, Mauro condemns the Scofield Reference Bible, fundamentalists, and any Bible expositor as a ‘Bible teacher.’ Mauro, throughout his book, ‘The Hope of Israel: What Is it?’ calls fundamentalists, “subversive,” “preaching another gospel,” “carnal,” and other denigrating monikers. Mauro considers a person is a ‘Bible teacher,’ if he teachers Preterism.

Philip Mauro uses human reasoning and assumes that the Old Testament prophecies are not to be fulfilled. Philip Mauro does not believe the scriptures as they are written. Mauro doubts the validity of the prophecies because he does not see them fulfilled, as he wants to see them fulfilled. Mauro is mistaken, and is a false teacher in the area of biblical prophecy. 

[1] Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers,1929), 143

Furthermore, Mauro does not believe in the words of Paul the Apostle, concerning the salvation of the nation of Israel as revealed in Roman 11:1-29 “And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” Romans 11:26 & 26 The whole passage of Romans 11:1-29 is dealing with the re-grafting of the nation of Israel, ‘the Olive Tree,’  into their own Olive Tree.

In his teaching on Romans 11:1-29, Mauro miss-interprets the passage and does not apply them to the Jews as a nation. Mauro concludes his miss-application of Romans 11:1-32 with this statement.

In a word, whatever ‘mercy’ (11:31,32) may be in store for the natural Jews, will

come to them in this day of grace, and as individuals, not in the day of judgment,

and as a nation.[1]

In addition to the miss-application of Romans 11:1-29, Mauro miss-interprets Romans 11:31 & 32. Nothing in the Romans 11:1-32 passage is referring to the Day of Judgment, nor is the grace of God limited to this day of grace. The grace, and mercy, and compassion, of God will be manifested in the 7 Year Tribulation period, the Millennium, and in eternity.

Paul also prophesied in 2 Corinthians 4:12-18, that when the Jews, as a nation, repents from the heart, and turns to the Lord Jesus for salvation, than God will have mercy and save them. “But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. Nevertheless, when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.” 2 Corinthians 4:15 & 16

Furthermore, Philip Mauro, as almost all Preterists, denies that God will give mercy to the Jews as a nation. When it comes to the nation of Israel, almost no preterist believe that God will show mercy to them. Romans 11: 15 and 16 teaches, “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”

[1] Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers, 1929),  170

Contrary to the beliefs of Mauro, when the Jews, as a nation, turn to the Lord with a repentant heart, and ask the Lord for mercy and compassion, then God will give it.

“… and bless us; and cause this face to shine upon us; Selah.”

God, in every generation, and in every country, and in every individual, desires to bless His people with spiritual and physical blessings.

“That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations”

The context to ‘among all nations,’ is clearly to all of the nations of the entire earth and not just to the nations surrounding Israel, nor other Middle Eastern nations. Verse 4 says, “… and govern the nations upon earth ...” and verse 7 says, “… and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.” 

At the time of the fulfillment of Psalm 67:1-7, we will see the fulfillment of the Kingdom throughout the world as Psalm 72:1-20 also portrays. Below I have listed a few of the prophecies of Psalm 72 

Psalm 72:4, “He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.” During the 7 Year Tribulation Period, the people who are left that will populate the earth are destitute of all things and have been oppressed. The Lord, as Judge, will correct all of these problems throughout the world.

Psalm 72:7, “In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace as long as the moon endureth.” The reign of King Solomon, will pale in comparison of people among the nations being saved and national peace throughout the world.

Psalm 72:8, “He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.” The dominion of Israel under Joshua, King David, and King Solomon, never extended “... from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.” This awaits a future fulfillment.

Psalm 72:11, “Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.” “… all kings, …” and “… all nations …” never served King David nor King Solomon. 

Preterist’s and the Dominion of the Messiah

Preterism teaches that the saints are reigning now, that we are now in the Millennium, and due to the influence of the church, Christ is now reigning over the heaven and Psalm 72: 8 & 11, are being fulfilled now in the dispensation of the Church. Please note that most preterist’s (I will use William Hendriksen as an example in this section), unless they are Catholic, will not name a particular denomination.

The church has become international. This international church is very powerful: “like

a mighty army moves the Church of God.” Cf. 11:6. … Only the individual who lacks the

historic sense and is, therefore, unable to see the present in the light of conditions

which prevailed throughout the world before Christ’s ascension, can fail to appreciate

the glories of the millennial age in which we are now living. Truly, the prophecy found

in Ps. 72 is being fulfilled before our very eyes.[1]

Hendriksen is totally mistaken. Psalm 72 is not, “being fulfilled before our very eyes.” And, in Hendriksen’s mind, those who do not believe his faulty interpretation, “lacks historical sense.” Like almost all Preterists, he lists C. I. Scofield,[2] all Premillennialists,[3] Larkin,[4] and others, lacking historical sense. Furthermore, Hendriksen declares that the translation of the Authorized Version is based upon faulty manuscripts.[5]

“… may be known upon earth …”

It is the will of God to make known all of His ways. God has selected man to make known all of His ways upon the earth. The Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 4:7 makes a powerful statement, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of us.”

What is this treasure? In 2 Corinthians 4:1-4 Paul explains that the ‘god’ of this world, Satan, has blinded the minds of those people who do not believe the gospel. Paul next states in verse 5 and 6 this statement, “For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”

The preaching of the gospel of Christ, to give the knowledge of the glory of God, is the treasure in our hearts.  

[1] Hendriksen, William, More than Conquerors, (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1939, 1967), 227.

[2] Hendriksen, William, More than Conquerors, (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1939, 1967), 275

[3] Hendriksen, William, More than Conquerors, (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1939, 1967), 273

[4] Hendriksen, William, More than Conquerors, (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1939, 1967), 275

[5] Hendriksen, William, More than Conquerors, (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1939, 1967), 267

Alan

• 1 month later...
  • Members

In reviewing the lessons in preparation for formatting into a PDF file, on September 13, 2015 I said, "Lesson # 7: Isaiah 65:17-25 tells us of the increase of longevity and, ‘... the wolf and the lamb shall feed together...’ see also Zechariah 8:1-8" But, I failed to comment on, or allow for a discussion on, Zechariah 8:1-8

Next week, when I have more time, I will do a lesson on Zechariah 8:1-8. If you have the time, it may help all of us understand the passage better if you read Zechariah 8:1-8 and lesson # 7.

Alan

P.S.

Lesson # 7 is on Page 4 in this study.

Alan

• Members

Lesson # 20

Zechariah 8:1-8, “Mt. Zion and the Salvation of the Jews.”

Zechariah 8: 1-8, “Again the word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury. Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy Jerusalem. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age. And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.”

A Prophet and his Prophecies

In Deuteronomy 13:5,18:15-22, and Hosea 12:10, we read of the ministry of the prophets. The prophecies were to observable, literal, and open to public scrutiny. The prophecies by Moses, Isaiah, Zechariah, the other Old Testament prophets, John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus Christ, gave prophecies that were observable, and open to public scrutiny. This is why the Bible believer believes in the literal interpretation of the prophecies of the scriptures. God gave the prophets sufficient detailed, observable, literal, information to the prophet in order for the people to know that the prophet came from God.

The context, and the results (tangible, observable results), of a prophecy will determine whether or not it was fulfilled. For example. In Jeremiah 19:1-15,the prophet Jeremiah prophesied that Jerusalem would be destroyed. All that Jeremiah prophesied literally came to pass.

When a portion of a prophecy is not of a literal interpretation, or the word, 'as,' or, 'like,' or, 'a similitude,' or a illustration or parable, is used to indicate that it is symbolic, or a manner of speaking, than the similitude is clear to everybody and a companion passage in the scriptures will give the literal meaning. The usage of 'as' or 'like,' or, 'a similitude,' or a parable, is not used frequently and is only used to reinforce the literal fulfillment. Without a literal fulfillment, a prophecy is not a prophecy.

Using the illustration of the prophesy of Jeremiah in Jeremiah 19:1-15 as an example, we read the following, “Then shalt thou break the bottle in the sight of the men that go with thee, And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Even so will I break this people and this city, as one breaketh a potter's vessel, that cannot be made whole again: and they shall bury them in Tophet, till there be no place to bury.” Jeremiah 15:10 and 11 The symbolism of the potter's broken vessel needed no explanation as it is obvious to all, the illustration reinforced the prophecy, the result was literal, observable, and open to public scrutiny.

Isaiah and Zechariah

The prophecy of Zechariah 8:1-8 fits hand and glove with the prophecies of Isaiah in numerous passages. Along with Isaiah the prophecy of Isaiah in Isaiah 1:25-27,Isaiah 2:2-4 and 65:18-25, this prophecy of Zechariah is a promise from God to return, and restore, the Jews that were scattered throughout the earth to the nation of Israel. Everything in the prophecy of Zechariah 8:1-8 is literal: the place, old men, old women, boys and girls, the streets of the city, and Mt Zion. There is nothing symbolic, allegorical, metaphorically, nor can be spiritualized in this prophecy nor in the passages quoted in Isaiah. The promises of God to the Jews are literal and will be fulfilled in the set time appointed by God. 1 Corinthians 10:32, “Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.”

Isaiah 1:25-27, “And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.” God promised the Jews that He would restore Jerusalem as it was in the beginning.

Mt. Zion – Jerusalem in Israel

Again the word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.” According the context of the Old Testament, the physical Mt. Zion can be referred to two locations.

1. The city of David, 1 Kings 8:1, “Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion.” The city of David, Zion, is located in close proximity to the city of Jerusalem.

2. The city of Jerusalem in Israel. “Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great king.” Psalm 48:1 & 2

Isaiah 2:2-4, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the

LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” In the context of Zechariah 8:1-8 and Isaiah 2:2-4, Mt. Zion is the physical city of Jerusalem.

1 Corinthians 10:32, “Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.” The promise given to the Jews was the city of Jerusalem.

Mt. Sion – the Heavenly Jerusalem

The Apostle Paul clearly states that the promises given to the saints in the Church are spiritual and are in heaven; not on the earth. Ephesians 1:3, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.” Hebrews 12:22 & 23, “But ye come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels. To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.” All of the blessings of the saints in the church are spiritual and are in heaven with the Lord Jesus. Not one Christian in the church is promised so much as a foot of ground on the earth.

The apostle Peter made in crystal clear that all of the Christian's blessings are spiritual. 1 Peter 2:5 & 6, “Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. ” Our Sion is our home in heaven.

1 Corinthians 10:32, “Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.” God's promise to the church is a heavenly Sion.

Preterism and Zion

Preterism teaches that all of the prophecies concerning Zion given to the Jews were given spiritually to the saved people in the church age. Preterism does not distinguish the promises given to the Jews and those promises given to the church, nor do they believe that any of the prophecies given to Israel is literal. In this instance, Zion is not a real Israel but the heavenly Sion is given to the church as a spiritual blessing. The transferring of the physical promises given to the Jews, and then given to the church as a spiritual blessing, is called, “Replacement Theology.”

Philip Mauro states (italicized words are Mauro's), “There are also prophecies concerning those who, in future times, should “come to Zion” (Isa. 35:10; 51:11). But the New Testament scriptures make it evident that this and similar prophecies have their fulfilment in the heavenly realm.”1

Mauro is incorrect and is a false teacher of the scriptures. Isaiah 35:10 is plainly referring to the restored city of Zion, Jerusalem in the coming Kingdom as depicted in Revelation 20:4-6. The details that Mauro will not list is Isaiah 35:1-10 concerning the literal fulfillment of this prophecy of Isaiah is faulty to an extreme and is mis-leading. In Lesson # 4, Isaiah 35:1-10, in this Revelation Bible Study, I covered Isaiah 35:1-10. Here is the link: http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/23615-revelation-bible-study/?page=3

Heavenly Sion and Reigning in the Earthly Zion

As the Jews in the Tribulation period who are martyred for the Lamb; Revelation 7:1-17 and 14:1-5. They will sing in the heavenly Sion. Revelation 14:1, “And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty four and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.”

The souls who were killed for the witness of the Lord Jesus will not only sing in the heavenly Mt. Sion, the Holy Jerusalem, but they will be rewarded with crowns and serve on the earth in the Mt. Zion on the earth. Revelation 20:4-6, “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.” The furious jealousy of God can only be for the physical Zion, Jerusalem, in the land of Israel. This statement makes no sense at all if it refers to the 'heavenly Sion' given to the church age saints and the 144,000 Jewish evangelists (Revelation 7:1-17 and 14:1-5).

Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy Jerusalem.” At this point in Zechariah's vision it is obvious that he prophecy has not been fulfilled up to our day and age. Nor can any of the prophecies in this passage be construed as taking place “spiritually,” or “symbolically” during the church age.

1. God has not returned nor does He dwell in Zion. Also, the Preterist believes that Zion is the Heavenly Zion. If that be so, than God leaves heaven, and then returns to heaven, during the church age. The teachings of the Preterist is unfathomably illogical.

2. The city of Jerusalem, up to, and including, during the 7 Year Tribulation Period, is called, “Sodom and Egypt.” Revelation 11:8 Zion, the earthly city of Jerusalem, is not a “city of truth” in the minds of any normal and rational person; either spiritually or literally. And, if the Preterist if he is to be believed that Zion in Zechariah 8:3, is a heavenly, the word, “shall” means at a future time. Does that mean that before that future time heaven is not a city of truth?

The reason why the Preterist does not dare mention every verse, no give an explanation for every verse, and, like Mauro, will not even mention the complete passage, is that the details of all the prophecies disprove the Preterist interpretation of the scriptures.

3. “the holy Jerusalem,” from the time of the prophet Zechariah, through the church age, and including the 7 Year Tribulation Period, Jerusalem is not a holy city.

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age. And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls planing in the streets thereof.” This prophecy plainly indicates that the fulfillment is not in heaven, nor in the New Jerusalem, nor in eternity, nor can it be fulfilled past Revelation 20:11 This prophecy can only be fulfilled after the 7 Year Tribulation Period and before Revelation 20:11

The prophet Jeremiah sees, “… old women and old men dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age.” The reason for the staff in the hands of the old men and women is obvious; their bodies are weak, frail, their bones are fragile, they cannot walk as good as they once could, and the body is slowly dying. The old men and women are still in their corruptible bodies. “By faith Jacob, when he was a-dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.” Hebrews 11:21

In eternity, there will be no need for a 'staff.'

This prophecy of Jeremiah dovetails with the prophecy in Isaiah 65:18-25 “There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed…. They shall not build houses, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat,: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.” Isaiah 65:20 and 22 The 'elect,' and 'my people,' are the nation of Israel. The life of most mature trees are from anywhere from 400 to 3,000 years old. It is very obvious that the life span of the human race will increase as the life spans of the human race before the flood.

According to the life spans before the flood, the old men and women that Isiah and Jeremiah see are between 700-900 years old and children are 100 years old. Quite interesting details. Except for the age of mankind before the flood, people do not live to be 900 years old. Since the time that Isaiah and Jeremiah prophesied of the old ages of individuals this prophecy has not come to pass.

Therefore, the only time recorded in the scriptures that the prophecy of mankind living up to the years of a tree is during the 1,000 Year of Christ in the Kingdom of God as recorded in Revelation 20:4-6, “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

1Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers,1929), Page 85

The private interpretation of the Preterist

The Preterist believes that all of the prophesies of the Old Testament prophets were either fulfilled in the days of the Old Testament, are allegorical, are spiritual, symbolic, were fulfilled at the cross of Calvary, in 70 A. D., or in the history of the church. And, some of the prophecies were fulfilled in the history of the Jews. In this study I mentioned Jeremiah 19:1-15 The Preterist's are adamant prophecies like Zechariah 8:1-8 that they will not be fulfilled in the nation of Israel as revealed in the book of Revelation, specifiably Revelation 20:4-6 And, they are adamant in the belief that Israel will not be restored as Isaiah, Jeremiah, and the other prophets, prophesied.

Mauro stated, “Moreover, it will be found that, when we have set aside first, all of the O. T. prophecies and promises concerning Israel have already been fulfilled, second, all that were conditional in character and hence have become null and void for failure by the Jews to perform the conditions on which they were based...”1

Mauro is mistaken. The covenants given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the promises given to the prophets are not 'null and void,' they are still awaiting future fulfillment. Galatians 3:17, “And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that is should make the promise of none effect.” And, Romans 9:4, “Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises. Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.” The promises given by the prophets are still awaiting future fulfillment.

Mauro is a false teacher and Preterism a false system of belief.

An example of this private interpretation is found in the comments of Micheal Sullivan (Reformed Baptist), in his interpretation of Isaiah 65:20 and Zechariah 8:5

Micheal Sullivan writes,

“The “infant” and “old man” filling out their long days yet “die” is symbolic of eternal life (John 11:25-26). But the “sinner” being “accursed” is symbolic of everlasting condemnation (cf. Dan. 12:2-3; Matt. 13:40-43)[3] and those without the City of Revelation 21-22 who die the second death in rejection of Christ (the Tree of Life). Again I see no literalization of “ongoing” or “not yet” teachings coming from Jesus in the Gospels, Daniel, or John in the book of Revelation in addressing this Genesis 1-3 material.”2

Sullivan is totally in error and his interpretations concerning Isaiah 65:17-25 are non-observable, cannot survive public scrutiny, and has no real meaning. Sullivan is a false teacher and Preterism is sinking sand void of a biblical foundation.

The Fulfillment of Zechariah of the the Rejuvenated life span of mankind

In Revelation 20:11-15 the Great White Throne of Judgment ends the history of the rebellion of mankind, and the rebellion of Satan (Revelation 20:7-10), against God. There is no earth, no Jerusalem, to live on; “And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was no place for them.”

In Revelation 21:1-27 we have a description of the New Heavens and the New Earth. Revelation 21:4 and 5, “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.” In eternity, in the New Heavens and the New Earth, in the New Jerusalem, there will be no more old men and women who bodies are wracked with pain and the frailties of old age.

There will be no staffs in heaven.

Therefore, the only time in the history of the earth that this prophecy can be fulfilled is during the 1,000 year of Christ as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS as depicted in Revelation 20:4-6

If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? Saith the LORD of hosts.” The restoration of the nation as prophesied by Isaiah and Zechariah was marvelous in the eyes of the Jews. Even up to the appearance of Christ, the disciples thought that the Lord Jesus would restore the nation of Israel. “When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore the nation of Israel?” Acts 1:6 Please take very careful note of the answer of the Lord Jesus; the Lord Jesus did not rebuke them, but simply stated that the time to restore the nation of Israel was not yet. “But he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.” Acts 1:7

According to Zechariah 8:6, God is more interested in restoring the nation of Israel more than the Jews themselves; including the Apostles in Acts 1:7

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country” Since the sack of Jerusalem in A. D. 70 when Titus destroyed Jerusalem, the start of the Diaspora, the Jews have been wandering the face of the earth: from the East to the West. Since 70 A. D. to May 1948, the Jews have not had a national homeland.

According to this prophecy, this in no way can represent the saints in the Church Age either symbolically or spiritually. The only nation on this earth during the history of mankind that is promised a national homeland is Israel. When a country is attacked and overrun by another country, the people lose their country and God makes no promises that the original occupants will get their country back.

This prophecy can no way be construed to be given to the church as the Lord Jesus did not make any promise, to any church, nor to any saint, a piece of land: not one square inch. All of the rewards for the saints in the Church Age are spiritual and in heaven. Ephesians 1:3, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.”

The Apostle Paul clearly stated, as Zechariah prophesied, that God, in a direct reference to the Jews of the nation of Israel, that He would save His people. “And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.” Romans 11:26

“… and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.” This is similar to the prophecy of Isaiah in Isaiah 1:25-27, “And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.”

The restoration of the nation of Israel has not taken place as of this date. The return of the nation of Israel in May 1948 was not the restoration of the nation of Israel as prophesied by Isaiah and Zecha-riah. Nor can it be said that the nation of Israel is, “in truth and in righteousness.” Therefore, this prophecy of Zechariah has not been fulfilled.

The sons of Jacob are the chosen people, the elect, of God. God has not cast them away. The Apostle Paul stated, “I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the

1Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers,1929), Page 141

2Sullivan, Michael The Truth About Isaiah 65:17-25 July 10, 2017 <http://fullpreterism.com/category/michaelsullivan/page/11/>

seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.” Romans 11:1

God said, “And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.” Exodus 6:7 & 8

Nor has God changed His mind, nor caused the covenants and promises of the Old Testament null and void to the nation of Israel. “Romans 11:28 & 29, “As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.” For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” Even though the Jews are enemies of the gospel; we love them because they are the people of God.

The covenants, the promises, the prophecies, of Zechariah and Isaiah, are still in effect and will come to pass as revealed in the book of Revelation. Galatians 3:17, “And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that is should make the promise of none effect.”

Conclusion

The prophecy of Zechariah 8:1-6 has not been fulfilled to this day either literally, figuratively, symbolically, allegorically, or in any other sense. Nor, has the prophecies been made null or void, or applied to, or given to, the church. The prophecy of Zechariah 8:1-8 has been proven to be literal with observable results that can pass the test of public scrutiny.

The only time the prophecies of Zechariah 8:1-8 can be fulfilled as recorded is during the 1,000 year reign of Christ as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS as recorded in Revelation 20:4-6, “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

Are there any other prophetic passages in the Old Testament, that you think, or are not sure what to think, that are applicable to the literal coming kingdom of Christ on the earth as written in Revelation 20:4-6, that you want to discuss?

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I am in the beginning stage of preparing a lesson on the prophecy of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 28:24-26 and its future fulfillment. In Ezekiel 28:24-26, if one looks at it closely, one can see that the restoration of Israel is not only for the sake of Israel, but, it is to 'sanctify' God, His name, His word, and to 'know' God.

The study on Ezekiel 28:24-26 will be an added lesson from my previous study on Zechariah 8:20-23, Lesson # 12, in this series of prophecies related to Revelation 20:4-6 and the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS for one thousand years in Jerusalem.

So, in order to fully know Ezekiel 28:24-26 please study Zechariah 8:20-23. If there are any questions, or comments, that pertain to Zechariah 8:20-23 please bring them up to discussion also.

Alan

• Members

Lesson # 21
Ezekiel 28:24-26, “The Gathering of the House of Israel.”

This prophecy of Ezekiel was given to the Jews when they were backslidden against God and God was executing judgments against the Jews in Israel. The Jews in the days of Ezekiel did not “know” God: they were not saved. God gave this prophecy in the midst of an unbelieving nation. 

Whether or not the Jews were saved, whether or not the Jews broke any covenants, does not nullify the prophecy of the future gathering, or the restoration of the nation of Israel nor the promises and covenants of God. Galatians 3:15-17, “Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that is should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance by of the law, it is not more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.” 

The promise of the future gathering of Israel is not of the law of Moses: it is a prophecy, a promise of God, without any conditions, and has not been annulled.

Ezekiel 28:24-26, “And there shall be no more a pricking brier unto the house of Israel, nor any grieving thorn of all that are round about them, that despised them: and they shall know that I am the Lord GOD. Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob. And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.” 

“And there shall be no more a pricking brier unto the house of Israel, nor any grieving thorn of all that are round about them ...” Since the days of Jeremiah the house of Israel, the descendants of Jacob, the Jews, the nations surrounding the physical nation of Israel have been a 'pricking brier' and a 'grieving thorn' to the Jews. A brier, and or a thorn bush, is not only a nuisance, but it is a physical danger to the body.

Even to the return of the Jews to the land of Israel in May 1948, the nations surrounding Israel have been a hedge of thorns, a nuisance, and a physical menace to the Jews that dwell in the land promised, through a covenant, to Jacob. “And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land wherein thou liest, to thee will I give it and to thy seed; And thy seed shall  be as the dust of the earth, and thou shall spread abroad to the west, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land for I will not leave thee, until I have spoken to thee of.” Genesis 28:13-15 “… then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.” Ezekiel 28:25 God never gave the physical land of Israel to anyone else, the promise to Jacob is still yet to be fully fulfilled, and has not been nullified through any act of disobedience by the sons of Jacob. 

The prophet Ezekiel clearly prophesied that the day will come when the nations surrounding the physical land of Israel, with the sons of Jacob in the land, will not be a 'pricking brier” and a 'grieving thorn.” This prophecy of Ezekiel is yet to be fulfilled.

The prophet Zechariah, in Zechariah 8:20-23, prophesied of the time when God would take away the despising of the Jews and restore them to international prominence. My comments on Zechariah 8:20-23 are found in Lesson # 12 of this series of studies of the prophecies of the Old Testament and the fulfillment in Revelation 20:4-6 during the Millennial reign of Christ in His kingdom on the earth.

Furthermore, as with Zechariah 8:20-23, the prophecy of Ezekiel 28:24-26 is for the future. Since the prophecy has not, nor will be fulfilled, during the “times of the Gentiles.” The “times of the Gentiles,” will end at the coming of the Lord Jesus as revealed in Revelation 19:11-21. Therefore, the only time in history of the scriptures that this prophecy of Ezekiel can be fulfilled, literally and with observation, is during the peaceful reign of the Lord Jesus as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, for 1,000 years, as revealed in Revelation 20:4-6

“… that despised them...” Up to the current age, the Jews are despised by the nations of the world, the Muslims, the Roman Catholic Church, the Reformers (Martin Luther as the leader), the Presbyterian Church, and other denominations in the Protestant realm, have despised the Jews and favored the Arabs. 

Therefore, it is painfully obvious, sad, and a shame to the Protestant denominations of the Church Age, that this prophecy is not fulfilled in the Church Age as many in the churches during the Church Age have openly despised the Jews.

“… and they shall know that I am the Lord GOD.” The vast majority of the Jews since the days of Ezekiel, have not “known the Lord God.” They were religious, they had ceremonies, they have a “form of godliness,” but, they did not “know” God. So, it is very apparent that they are not saved. Therefore, there is absolutely no way that this prophecy can be, in any manner, applicable to the Christian during the Church Age nor can it be allegorical, or spiritualized, away. This prophecy of Ezekiel is applicable to the lost sons of Jacob. 
                                                                                                              The Error of the Preterist and the Prophecies of  Ezekiel
Preterism teaches that  the prophecies of Ezekiel have already been fulfilled. Philip Mauro states: “But some will ask if later prophets, as Isaiah, Ezekiel or Zechariah, have not foretold  the return of the children of Israel to Palestine, and by implication prophesied the re-constitution of the nation?”

The answer is that the later prophets could not contradict the word of the earlier prophets – they all being the mouthpiece of Jehovah – and that, of course, they do not. What has mislead some students of the Bible in this regard is the fact that the prophets of latter times, as Isaiah and Jeremiah, predicted the captivity of the Jews in Babylon and their return from that captivity (Isa. 6:12, 13; 44:26-28; 45:13; Jer. 30: 3, etc.). Prophecies of that class have all been fulfilled.1“

Philip Mauro, the teaching of Preterism, is in total error. 

The belief that Ezekiel 28:24-26 has been fulfilled is a glaring error and in total opposition to the prophecy of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 28:24-26 Mauro is also in error when he states the later prophets (Ezekiel for example), is in apparent contradiction of the earlier prophets; this being due to that the prophets predicted the captivity of the Jews from Babylon and the return from that captivity has led individuals to be  mislead. Mauro is the one trying to mis-lead. The prophecy of Ezekiel in  Ezekiel 28:24-26 was not fulfilled when the Jews returned from the Babylonian Captivity. 

“Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered,  and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob. And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.” Since 70 A. D. the Jews have been 'scattered' among the Gentile nations of the world for their rebellion against God. God, through Moses, clearly warned the Jews that if they were disobedient, rebellious, and continued in their stubborn heart of unbelief, that He would 'scatter' them among the heathen nations of the world. 

The Scattering of the Jews 
Previously, in Ezekiel 5:1-17, the prophet Ezekiel prophesied that the Jews would be scattered among the nations surrounding the land of Israel. In Ezekiel 5:1-17 God has instructed Ezekiel (as a sign to the Jews), to cut off the hair from his head and his beard and divide the hair into three equal balances. After  the hair was divided into three equal parts, Ezekiel was to burn a third of the hair, smite (or cut), a second set of the hair, the third divided section of the hair Ezekiel was to “scatter with the wind,” (verse 2). Afterwards, Ezekiel was to take a small portion of the hair (as with the barber, a small part of the hair   after a person has their haircut is too small to divide evenly), and bind them in his clothes.

Ezekiel's divided hair prophecy was a foretaste of the destruction of the land of Israel and how that the Jews who were not killed would be scattered with the wind among the nations round about her. Ezekiel 5:14 and 15, “Moreover I will make thee waste, and a reproach among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by. So it shall be a reproach and an taunt, an instruction and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgments in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes. I the LORD have spoken it.” 

The prophecy of the scattering of the Jews as prophesied by Ezekiel is referred to as the “Babylonian Captivity.” The scattering as  referred to by Ezekiel, in my estimation, was limited in scope to the nations surrounding the land of Israel.

When the Jews went into the Babylonian Captivity, and returned to Israel, they became a nation until 70 A. D.

In Deuteronomy, it is obvious that the 'scattering' of the Jews is far more reaching in scope than the  Babylonian Captivity. Deuteronomy 4:27, “And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.” Moses further stated,  “And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.” Deuteronomy 28:64 In the 'scattering of Deuteronomy 4:27 and 28:64 the Jews are scattered among all of the nations of the entire planet. This scattering of the Jews among the nations of the entire heathen nations of the world is called, “The Jewish Diaspora.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_diaspora
There were pre-Roman scattering of the Jews in different era's, but, since the Roman army destruction of 70 A. D., the Jews have been scattered among the nations of world as in no other era. 

• Members

The Gathering, or Restoration, of Israel
The prophet Ezekiel is very explicit in what will happen when the Jews are gathered by into the land of Israel. The gathering of Israel, by God Himself, not the United Nations, have specific benchmarks that are literal, observable, definite, spiritual, physical, emotional, unmistakable, and definable.

The restoration of the Jews to the land of Israel was prophesied by not only Ezekiel, but Isaiah prophesied:, “And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin: “And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.”  Isaiah 2:25-27 The prophecy of Isaiah and Ezekiel was not fulfilled after the Babylonian Captivity, was not given to the church, is not an allegory; it is literal, observable, and definable with specific scriptural benchmarks.
1. “… and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen ...”
To be sanctified  is to be set aside, or to be made holy. To this day, the Jews are not sanctified among the heathen nations of the world. Therefore, this prophecy is waiting to be fulfilled in the future.
2. “… then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.”
God made this covenant, to Jacob. Genesis 28:13-15 “And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land wherein thou liest, to thee will I give it and to thy seed; And thy seed shall  be as the dust of the earth, and thou shall spread abroad to the west, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land for I will not leave thee, until I have spoken to thee of.” 
According to the prophet Ezekiel, this covenant has not been fulfilled and is still waiting for a future fulfillment.                                                                                                                                           

The False Teachings of Preterism

Preterism teaches that due to two items:

1. The sins of Israel, and the breaking of the law of Moses, that the covenants given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, were conditional and therefore nullified by their sins.

2. In Joshua 21:43-45 God clearly states that God gave the land promised to the patriarchs to Israel.

According to the prophet Ezekiel this was not so. Even though the Jews at one time did inherit the land promised to Israel, were disobedient, sinful, and broke the law of Moses, the covenant of Jacob (hence Abraham and Isaac), was still in force and awaits a future fulfillment.

Philip Mauro states this false teaching as thus, “Therefore, as regards God's covenants with that earthly people, “Israel after the flesh,” the matter stands thus: the conditional promises thereof were all nullified by their breach of covenant; whereas the unconditional promises were all fulfilled to them, the last detail, through Moses and Joshua; and God, moreover has caused that fact to be plainly recorded, as we shall presently see.” 1

Philip Mauro is mistaken. The covenant given to Jacob, and his descendants, is not a conditional covenant. The prophecy of the fulfilling of the land covenant given to the sons of Jacob is still in force, has not been completely fulfilled, and has not been nullified. Philip Mauro is a false teacher of the scriptures.

3. “And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence ...”

This prophecy of Ezekiel has not been fulfilled in any manner. Even to the day, with the Jews in the land of Israel, they do not dwell safely and with confidence. In our age, their safety and confidence rests on unstable sands of their nuclear arsenal, a dedicated military, the United nations, and the blessings of the United States government (all of which can be very fickle).

Therefore, until the Prince of Peace rules as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS in His thousand year reign, this prophecy awaits fulfillment.

4. “… when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them ...”

All of the nations of the world will be judged according to the way that they treated the Jews. This includes the religious leaders of the various Protestant denominations that have boycotted the Jews in the land of Israel and make denominational announcements that were detrimental to the livelihood of the Jews. When a specific religious denomination makes a boycott against the Jews, and favors the Arabs and Muslims, they they openly despise the Jews and the promises of God as recorded in the scriptures. This judgment of the nations who officially despised the Jews, mal-treated the Jews, persecuted the Jews, banned the Jews from their nations or cities, will be judged.

5. “… and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.”

To 'know' God is to get saved, or to trust in God for the salvation of the soul: it is not a religious ceremony. “The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.” Nahum 1:7 The eternal salvation of the soul, whether before the Law, under the Law, under Grace, during the Tribulation Period, or during the 1,000 year reign of Christ, is when a person, by faith puts his trust in the mercy and grace of God; knows God.

The Jews, in any era, as with the Gentiles in any era, who trusted in their good works, prestige, ceremonial sacrifices, for the eternal salvation of their soul, did not 'know' God. The day is coming, as Ezekiel prophesied, that the Jews will 'know' God. As a nation, they will be saved. “And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.” Romans 11:26

The Unbelief of Preterism

The Preterist, as with those who believe in Replacement Theology, as with the Jehovah's Witnesses, do not believe the Lord will save Jews in a national way as Ezekiel, Isaiah, the other prophets, and as Paul the Apostle clearly stated in Romans 11:26

Philip Mauro states: “What then does the New Testament say as to the reconstruction hereafter of the

Jewish nation; as to the re-occupation by that nation of the land of Canaan; as to its exaltation to the place of world-supremacy and headship over other nations; as to the re-building of the temple and the re-institution of bloody sacrifices &.? Not one word.2

Philip Mauro is a classic Preterist, he not believe what the Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 11:26 as applying to the descendants of Israel: the Jews. Mauro is a false teacher.

Conclusion

The prophecy of the prophet Ezekiel in Ezekiel 28:24-26 has not been fulfilled. The only time that the prophecy of Ezekiel 28:24-26 is during the reign of the Lord Jesus as recorded in Revelation 20:4-6

1Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers,1929), 41

2 Mauro, Philip, The Hope of Israel: What Is it? (Boston, MA: Hamilton Brothers,1929), 140