• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revelation Bible Study.

• Members
On 7/12/2016 at 7:59 AM, Alan said:

Isaiah 11:13-16, “The Return of Israel to the Promised Land.”

“The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim. But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them. And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod. And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.”

“The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.”

The Fulfillment of Ezekiel 37:15-20

“The Vision of the Valley of Dry Bones”

“The word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, thus saith the LORD GOD; Behold, I will take the stink of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stink of Judah, and make them one stink, and they shall be one in mine hand. And the stinks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, Thus saith the LORD GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, wither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.” Ezekiel 37:15-20

This prophecy of Ezekiel was not fulfilled after the Babylonian Captivity, nor was it allegorically fulfilled at the Cross of Calvary, nor is it fulfilled in any manner in the Church Age, nor was it fulfilled when the Jews, under the United Nations mandate, became a nation in May 1948.

The prophecy of Ezekiel in Ezekiel 37:15-20 will be fulfilled at the beginning of the 1000 Reign of Christ.

The Fulfillment of Hebrews 8:8-10

“A New Covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah”

Please take very careful note. This, “New Covenant,” is not with the church (in any manner or fashion), it is made, “... with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.” The church has not replaced Israel nor does the Lord give any Covenants with the Church.

“For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:” Hebrews 8:8-10

“But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.”

The is the fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah in chapter 4. Again, this prophecy, including the prophecy in Isaiah chapter 4, was not fulfilled after the Babylonian Captivity, nor any time in the Church Age, nor when Israel became a nation in May 1948. This prophecy, and the one given in Isaiah chapter 4, will be fulfilled during the Millennium.

“... like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.”

The return of the remnant of the Jews from the four corners of the earth after the 7 Year Tribulation period will be as dramatic, yea, even more dramatic, than the return of the nation of Israel under the guiding hand of Moses.

The literal return of the all of the Jews on the face of the earth under the guiding hand of the Lord Jesus as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS will be earth changing in its scope, miraculous in its execution and breadth, majesty, and completeness.

Isaiah Chapter 12

Isaiah chapter 12 is the aftermath of the events in Isaiah 11. It is a prophetic Song of Praise from the lips of Isaiah and ushers the reader into the glorious 1000 Year of REIGN OF JEHOVAH THE MESSIAH.

Awe! That was funny and I laughed Alan!! Thanks!

*chuckle* ...stink? ROFL!

• Members
2 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I see nothing funny in the lesson, nor any thing that "stinks," or any reason to "chuckle," nor any reason to, "ROFL."   All that it is the lesson is totally true and will come to pass as written.

Brethren,

Here is an addendum to the lesson on Isaiah 11:14 concerning the, "Spoiling of the East."

The Spoiling of the East

Exodus 3:21, 22; 35 and 36

“... they shall spoil them of the east together: ...” During the 7 Year Tribulation Period, as with the Jews in Egypt in the days of Moses, the sons of Jacob were persecuted, hunted down like animals., robbed of all they possessed, clothes taken from them, and maltreated in every possible way. God will avenge the disrespect, persecution and spoiling of the Jews.

When the Lord causes every Jew to return from the lands of the East they will “spoil,” those nations as when the Jews left the nation of Egypt with Moses. The lands of the East would include the oil rich lands of Iraq and Iran and the lands towards the Pacific Ocean: of India, Burma, Thailand, China, Japan, and the other lands where there are Jews.

God said, “And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty: But every woman shall borrow of her neighbor, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.” Exodus 3:21 & 22

The fulfillment of the promise of God to the Jews as they left Egypt was fulfilled in the days of Moses. “And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.” Exodus 12:35 & 36

The spoiling of the nations of the East of Israel has never taken place in the history of the Jews up to this time. The spoiling of the nations of the East, “... like as it was to Israel in the day that he came out of the land of Egypt,” will be fulfilled, literally, at the beginning of the 1000 Year reign of the Lord Jesus as recoded in Revelation 20:4-7

Edited by Alan
the to that

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

nor any thing that "stinks,"

Bro. Alan, I think his "stink" reference was because of a misspelling of the word "stick" in your post.

3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

You could have merely pointed out (with graciousness) that Alan made a mistake in spelling...or...you could have just said nothing. Instead, you saw a chance to run down someone with whom you don't agree and resorted to mockery. Recently, some here actually defended you despite your opposition to what this site basically stands for, but you still resort to mockery. Shame on you GP.

• Members
2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Bro. Alan, I think his "stink" reference was because of a misspelling of the word "stick" in your post.

You could have merely pointed out (with graciousness) that Alan made a mistake in spelling...or...you could have just said nothing. Instead, you saw a chance to run down someone with whom you don't agree and resorted to mockery. Recently, some here actually defended you despite your opposition to what this site basically stands for, but you still resort to mockery. Shame on you GP.

This needs an extra like.

• Members
5 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

It was funny. That's all. Sheesh, nobody got a funnybone anymore?

• Members
8 hours ago, Alan said:

I see nothing funny in the lesson, nor any thing that "stinks," or any reason to "chuckle," nor any reason to, "ROFL."

Come on Alan? Don't you see the humor? I wasn't commenting on the truthfulness of your teaching here. But you do put out a lot of 'unsupported' theories, and yet you spell the work stick "stink"?

I thought it was funny!

Take a breather brother and laugh at yourself. There was no mockery toward you in my statements. It was just funny.

Yet...just where is this seven years you mention? Just wondering what your 'scriptural support' is. Everybody has an opinion against my different beliefs in this area,  yet, where, (for those that are reading this) are the verses that say 7 years is the amount of time for a tribulation?

Still chuckling.

And if you are gonna quote Daniel nine, if in the midst of the week the guy is gonna sign a peace treaty, doesn't that make it 3 1/2 years of tribulation?

I am sure you probably explain it somewhere here?

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
2 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Yet...just where is this seven years you mention? Just wondering what your 'scriptural support' is. Everybody has an opinion against my different beliefs in this area,  yet, where, (for those that are reading this) are the verses that say 7 years is the amount of time for a tribulation?

And if you are gonna quote Daniel nine, if in the midst of the week the guy is gonna sign a peace treaty, doesn't that make it 3 1/2 years of tribulation?

I am sure you probably explain it somewhere here?

This lesson is concerning the passages that I used in my Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study, specificly, Revelation 20:4-6 and Isaiah 11. And, the seven years Tribulation Period is adequately covered in other threads. Therefore, I do not think it wise to discuss it further at this time and stick to the specific issue of Isaiah 11:13-16

Alan

• Members

Brethren,

Here is the next lesson, Isaiah 24:23 (lesson # 3 of of 19 lessons), according to the list I previously gave on September 13, 2015.

Isaiah 24:23, “The Reign of the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem.”

“Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.” Isaiah 24:23

In Isaiah 24:1-22 we have a long prophecy concerning the destruction of the earth, (verse 1-9 and 16-20), the city of Jerusalem (verse 10-12), and dramatic changes of the Moon and the Sun, (verse 23a).

All of the prophesies of Isaiah 24 culminate in the reign of the LORD of hosts as revealed in Isaiah 24:23 The reign of the, “LORD of hosts,” is the 1000 Year Millennial Reign of Christ as depicted in Revelation 20:4-6

Isaiah 24

The Earth and Israel Judged

Some of the events of Isaiah 24 can be applied to the destruction of Israel before the Babylonian Captivity, specifically, verses 10-12, but, the main thrust of Isaiah 24 is the destruction wrought on the whole earth as depicted in Revelation chapter 6-19, “The 7 Year Tribulation Period.”

And, as Israel is part of the whole earth, the whole chapter applies to them in this aspect. One verse will suffice. “The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.” verse 3

Verse 1, “Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.”

Verse 5, “The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.” The inhabitants of this earth have, and are now, transgressing the Law of God, changing the ordinances of the scriptures, and the nation of Israel has broken the covenant of God given to them.

The Book of Romans

The Earth, Mankind, Transgresses the Law of God

The Book of Romans gives us details of the transgressions of all mankind. Romans 1:18-32 deals with the lost idolaters around the world and lists 33 categories of sins against mankind that are transgressions against the Law of God.

In fact, even in our age, the earth, mankind (and some churches), love to transgress the Law of God and change any ordinance that the scriptures contain to justify their ungodly sins. “Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” Romans 1:32

The changing of the ordinances of God, especially among those who claim to love the scriptures, is an evil of our age. Many, many false teachers continually change, distort, add, and take away from the scriptures in order to teach the false doctrines of their denomination or their own personal beliefs.

The Apostle Paul clearly stated that both the Jew and the Gentile are under the Law. “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.” Romans 3:19

Tribulation, and Wrath, Await Mankind

Both in the “pit,” and on the Earth, Revelation Chapter 6-19

Paul bears testimony that God wrote the Law for the Jews and the Gentiles and will judge all mankind accordingly. “But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation, and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.” Romans 2:8-11

Isaiah chapter 24 is a prophecy of judgment upon the whole earth as depicted in Revelation Chapter 6-19 “Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.” Isaiah 24:17

“The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.” Isaiah 24:19 and 20

None of the events that Isaiah prophesied about in verse 19 and 20 has taken place upon the land of Israel, nor upon the Earth, at any time in the history of Israel nor the Earth. This includes during the destruction of Israel by Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon as recorded in Jeremiah 39:1-10 and 52:1-34.

Nor did these dramatic events in Isaiah 24:19 and 20 take place after the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus, the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. by Titus, nor at any time since then.

Along with other prophesies in Isaiah 24, Isaiah 24:19 and 20 are yet to be fulfilled. The Book of Revelation Chapter 6-19 depicts the dramatic changes in the earth as prophesied by Isaiah.

Concerning the coming destruction of the earth, the Apostle Paul stated, “For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.” 1 Thessalonians 5:3

The 7 Year Tribulation Period is a time of judgment, destruction, travail, and wrath upon the earth.

The Reign of the Lord Jesus

“... when the LORD of hosts shall reign in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.” After the judgment of the Earth, and the Land of Israel, as prophesied by Isaiah in Isaiah 24:1-22 Isaiah prophesies of the 1000 year reign of the Lord Jesus as, “the LORD of hosts.” The reign of the Lord Jesus is, “glorious.”

The Transfiguration of Christ

In Matthew 17:1-6 we have the record of the transfiguration of the Lord Jesus in His glory. In relating this incident in the book of 2 Peter the Apostle Peter states, “For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.” 2 Peter 1:16 and 17

The reign of the Lord Jesus as, “the LORD of hosts,” will be glorious. God will give Him the honour and glory of His name as Isaiah prophesied. This honour to be accorded to the Lord Jesus, my beloved brethren, has not been fulfilled yet.

Edited by Alan
grammer & the beginning section on Isaiah 24:23 Isiah to Isaiah

• Members

Isaiah 35, “Physical Blessings of the Millennium”

Verse 1-10, “The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God. Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. Then shall the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes. And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein. No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there: And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.”

The wonderful physical blessings, and peace and rest, of the Millennium as listed in Isaiah 35 will be due to the righteous reign of the Lord Jesus as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

The fulfillment of Isaiah 9:6

“Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform it.” Isaiah 9:6

God will literally fulfill the covenants given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob through the righteous government leadership, of the world, through the Lord Jesus.

Verse 1-3 “The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.”

The land of Israel, including the Sanai Peninsula, currently, is mostly desert, barren hills, and unused land due to the lack of water. During the Millennial Reign of Christ, the land of Israel will cease to be a desert, barren hills, and unused land.

Please notice that, “the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it.” After the Babylonian Captivity, and even after the formation of the nation of Israel in May 1948, and even after the Sixth Day War, and up to our age, “Lebanon,” is not Jewish territory. Therefore, this prophecy of Isaiah has not been fulfilled in any interpretation: whether literally, figurative, or symbolically.

“... they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.” Revelation 1:7, “Behold, he cometh with clouds, and every eye shall see him: and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.” This coming of the Lord Jesus occurs in Revelation 19:11-21 in judgment and then continues to Revelation 20:4-6

Revelation 20:4, “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.”

The earth will see the glory of the Lord Jesus, and those who reign with Him, for one thousand years. As all of the events, and blessings, are literal in Isaiah chapter 35, so are the events and time frame (one thousand years), in Revelation 20:4-6

When the Lord Jesus was on the earth during His ministry as recorded in the Gospel, men could not see His glory. During the Millennium, all men shall be able to see His glory.

Verse 3 and 4, “Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.”

This is also a reference to the coming of the Lord Jesus as recorded in Revelation 19:11-21. The Lord Jesus will save the land of Israel, and the remnant of the Jewish population, from the Beast and the horrors of the 7 Year Tribulation Period. The Lord will avenge the Jews from the vicious rule of the anti-christ as depicted in Revelation chapter 6-19

The Fulfillment of Matthew 24:29-31 and Isaiah 24:23

The Lord Jesus prophesied, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.” Matthew 24:29-31

This is in fulfillment of Isaiah 24:23, “Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”

Verse 5-7, “Then shall the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert. And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.”

Glory Hallelujah! During the one thousand year reign of Christ, diseases and disabilities, as this world has experienced throughout the time of Adam to our age will cease.

During the time when the Lord Jesus ministered on the earth, among His many miracles, was the giving of the sight to the blind, healing the deaf so they could speak, healing the lame so they could walk, and causing the dumb to speak. Those miraculous healings only occured in the land of Israel for a short time period. During the one thousand years of His reign on earth, the whole earth will experience His miraculous healing powers.

The Lord Jesus will fulfill the Covenants given to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David.

“In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates.” Genesis 15:18

The Lord Jesus will cause waters to flow through the land of Israel from the extreme north to the extreme south. At the time of the reign of Christ, the physical land of Israel will include from the Euphrates River (north), to the border of Egypt (south), which will include the Sinai Peninsula. The border of Israel in the east will be to the River Jordan and to the west the Mediterranean Sea.

HOLINESS

Verse 8-10, “And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein. No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there: And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.”

The “way” of the flesh, the world, the religious systems of this world, the governments of this world, is sin, darkness, evil, no hope, religion without God, and no true joy.

Ephesians 2:12, “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.”

1 John 2:16 “For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.”

“... The way of holiness...” The “way” of the Lord Jesus is, “Holiness.”

“So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall not strangers pass through her any more.” Joel 3:17

At no time during the history of the nation of Israel can the city of Jerusalem be called “holy.” It was not holy after the captivity of Babylon, it was not holy in the time of the Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry, nor was it holy during the Church Age, nor is it holy during our age, and in the 7 Year Tribulation it is called, “Sodom,” and “Egypt.” Revelation 11:8

The only time in the history of the earth can the city of Jerusalem be called, “Holy,” is during the one thousand year reign of Christ as the prophet Joel prophesied in Joel 3:17

Zechariah prophesied, “In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar.” Zechariah 14:20

Verse 9b and 10, “... but the redeemed shall walk there: And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.”

Revelation 20:4, “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.”

These redeemed saints depicted in Revelation 20:4 will walk in the holy Jerusalem.

Church Age Saints in the Millennium

The Apostle John recorded, “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:9 and 10

These saints have not reigned, but they will reign. They will reign with the Lord Jesus as recorded in Revelation 20:4-6 and Isaiah 35:9 and 10

The ransomed saints in the Church Age who suffered persecution for the Lord Jesus will walk in the holy city Jerusalem.

The redeemed saints in the Church Age who worked for the Lord Jesus, “lawfully,” will walk, and reign with the Lord Jesus, in the holy city Jerusalem. 2 Timothy 2:5 says, “And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully?”

To strive, “lawfully,” is to be faithful in the doctrines as taught in the scriptures and to follow the precepts of the New Testament commandments. In our day and age, “Holiness,” in any form is not talked about, or taught, or practiced, among many of the churches.

The saint should be holy in spirit, in his walk, in his talk, in his practice, in his witness, who he associates with, the doctrines he believes, the music he listens too, and his love for the Lord Jesus.

“No Cross – No Crown.”

Our joy is in heaven and the coming kingdom of the Lord Jesus as prophesied by the Old Testament prophets and fulfilled in Revelation 20:4-6

Edited by Alan
added, "history of the"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Isaiah 30:18-26, “The Graciousness of the Lord to Israel.”

In this passage of scripture we see a continuous train of thought; the graciousness of the Lord to Israel after a period of adversity and national repentance. This will be in fulfillment of the words of the Lord Jesus as recorded in Matthew 23:38 and 39, “Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.” The nation of Israel in our age is, “desolate,” of its proper relationship with God and His blessings.

During the 7 Year Tribulation Period, God will unleash the hatred of the whole world towards the nation of Israel, which will lead the remnant of the Jews to salvation. And, as a nation, they will say, “Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord,” (see Romans 11:2 Isaiah 27:9,and Jeremiah 31:31-40), and afterwards the 1000 Year Reign of Christ will commence as revealed in Revelation 20:4-6

In this passage, we read these words, “… in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of this people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.” Verse 26 One day, God will completely bind up and heal the nation of Israel and restore her. The day that the remnant of the Jews accept the Lord Jesus as Messiah, Lord and Saviour, is the day when God will completely bind of their wounds.

Verse 18-26, “And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they wait for him. For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee. And though the LORD give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Ye shall defile also the covering of thy graven images of silver, and the ornament of thy molten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth; thou shalt say unto it, Get thee hence. Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures. The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan. And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.”

Verse 18, “And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they wait for him.”

Exodus 34:1-10 Revelation 11:1-13 and 12:17

God revealed to Moses, in Exodus 34:1-10 that He was, “… merciful and gracious…” During his ministry, as one of the two witnesses in Revelation 11:1-13, Moses will again preach these attributes of God (among many others), to the Jews and to the world.

The Lord Jesus is “merciful and gracious,’ and Moses will also preach these attributes of the Lord Jesus to the Jews and to the world.

Moses, and the second witness, will correctly use the Law of God, and the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus, for the salvation of the remnant of the Jews. “But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully.” 1 Timothy 1:8 and “And the dragon was wroth with the woman [Israel], and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” Revelation 12:17

The graciousness and mercy of God will be extended with the Jewish remnant as Isaiah prophesied which will lead up to the Coming of Christ as depicted in Revelation 19:11-21 and the start of the Millennial reign in Revelation 20:4-6

Verse 19a, “For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem:

During the 7 Year Tribulation Period the Jewish remnant is removed from Jerusalem and had to flee into the wilderness (as was the case under Moses in Exodus – Deuteronomy). At the beginning of the Millennium the Jews are led back to Zion, and will dwell securely in Jerusalem.

Verse 19b, “thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.”

After the captivity returned from Babylon, and after the Jews returned in May 1948, they did return to Zion (Israel), and to Jerusalem. But, due to the enemies around them, and the fighting on every side, weeping, and the accompanying sorrow, was heard on a continual basis. From May 1948, to the present time, has been a continual battle for the Jews and weeping is a common occurrence. This prophecy of Isaiah has not been fulfilled in any manner: whether literally, figuratively, symbolically, or spiritually.

The only time it will be fulfilled for the nation of Israel is during the reign of the Lord Jesus and then the blessedness of no weeping due to war will continue in eternity; Revelation 21:1-4

God, the Lord Jesus, is very gracious.

Verse 20, “And though the LORD give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers.”

Isaiah reminds the Jews of the “bread of adversity” and the “water of affliction” the Lord has given to Israel and that during the times of war the teachers were removed. Isaiah then prophesies that one day the adversity, the affliction, and the removal of their teachers will occur no more.

The, “bread of adversity,” and, the “water of affliction,” still occurred after the Babylonian Captivity and the founding of the Nation of Israel in 1948. Therefore, up to our day, this prophecy has been unfulfilled.

Verse 21, “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”

The Lord Jesus will answer the questions of the Jews audibly at the time they need direction. Except for notable exceptions in the life of the prophets, I can find no occurrence of this happening in Jewish history.

Although my Charismatic friends may differ with me on this point, except for notable exceptions, nor can I find any occurrence of the Lord giving audible directions to the saints in the Church Age.

Therefore, this prophecy of Isaiah has not been fulfilled.

Verse 22, “Ye shall defile also the covering of thy graven images of silver, and the ornament of thy molten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth; thou shalt say unto it, Get thee hence.”

One of the hallmarks of the events as recorded in the Book of Revelation is idolatrous worship of images and of the world-wide worship of the image of Beast; Revelation 9:20 and 13:15 During the ministry of Moses and the other witness in Revelation 11 they will be preaching against idolatry and the worship of the Beast.

The Apostle Paul also speaks of idolatry as being not just worshiping an image, but, in a list of sins, coveting money is mentioned as idolatry. “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry.” Colossians 3:6

Whether worshiping an image, or being covetous, all forms of idolatry are evil, ungodly, and will be judged by God.

The individuals, who hear the preaching of the two witnesses and believe their message, will repent of the sin of idolatry, covetousness, and forsake their images, and other forms of idolatry. During this time a remnant of the Jews will repent and trust in the Lord Jesus as Saviour.

Isaiah 35:1-7 and 48:19-21

Physical Blessing of the Land of Israel

Verse 23 and 24, “Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures. The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan.”

Then … in that day…” After the belief, and repentance, of the Jewish remnant, towards the Lord Jesus, the Lord will bless them tremendously. The Lord Jesus will return as KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, the Tribulation Period will end and the 1000 Year Reign of Christ will commence.

“… in that day…” the Lord will bless the physical land of Israel with plenty of rain and the livestock of the land and crops will be bountiful. The prophecies of Isaiah in Isaiah 12:12 & 13; 35:1, 2 and 7 and 43:18-21 will be fulfilled during the Millennium.

Verse 25, “And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.”

After the slaughter as recorded in Revelation 19: 17-20, rivers of waters shall flow down from the mountains of Israel.

A brief study of the slaughter that will occur in Revelation 19:17-20 is found in the following link:

Verse 26, “Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.”

The physical manifestations of the Sun and the Moon as prophesied by Isaiah have not been fulfilled in the history of the world up to this time.

The physical manifestations of the Sun and the Moon as prophesied by Isaiah are so dramatic and obvious that the prophecy cannot be interpreted in any other way but literal.

The physical manifestations of the Sun and the Moon as prophesied by Isaiah will only occur after the national repentance of the nation of Israel.

This national repentance of the nation of Israel is also recorded by the Apostle Paul. “And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, there shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” Romans 11:26 & 27

Edited by Alan
grammer added the word rain

• Members

Brethren,

I thought a song about the grace of God through the Lord Jesus would be appropriate to accompany this lesson.

"Grace Greater Than All Our Sin."

written by Julia H. Johnston, 1850-1911

The song is sung at the Temple Baptist Church in Powell, TN. During the song, as they pan the audience, you will notice that they have a sizable ministry to the deaf. Excellent testimony and work.

God Bless!

Alan

• Members

John Young and Rebecca,

I am very happy know that you liked the previous lesson on Isaiah 30:18-26 :sign0200:

Brethren,

Are there any more thoughts, comments, or passages that I need to clarify before I upload the next lesson (lesson # 6), on Isaiah chapter 60?

God bless!

Alan