Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By Jim_Alaska in Jim_Alaska's Sermons & Devotionals
      Closed Communion
      James Foley

I Corinthians 11:17-34: "Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's Supper. For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

INTRODUCTION

Historic Baptists, true Baptists, have believed in and still believe in closed communion. Baptists impose upon themselves the same restrictions that they impose on others concerning the Lord’s Supper. Baptists have always insisted that it is the Lord’s Table, not theirs; and He alone has the right to say who shall sit at His table. No amount of so called brotherly love, or ecumenical spirit, should cause us to invite to His table those who have not complied with the requirements laid down plainly in His inspired Word. With respect to Bible doctrines we must always use the scripture as our guide and practice. For Baptists, two of the most important doctrines are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper. These are the only two doctrines we recognize as Church Ordinances. The Bible is very clear in teaching how these doctrines are to be practiced and by whom.

We only have two ordinances that we must never compromise or we risk our very existence, they are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.

The moment we deviate from the precise method God has prescribed we have started down the slippery slope of error. True Baptists have held fast to the original doctrine of The Lord’s Supper from the time of Christ and the Apostles.

Unfortunately, in this day of what the Bible describes as the age of luke warmness, Baptists are becoming careless in regard to strictly following the pattern laid out for us in Scripture. Many of our Bible colleges are graduating otherwise sincere, Godly and dedicated pastors and teachers who have not been taught the very strict, biblical requirements that surround the Lord’s Supper. Any Bible college that neglects to teach its students the differences surrounding Closed Communion, Close Communion and Open Communion is not simply short changing its students; it is also not equipping their students to carry on sound Bible traditions. The result is men of God and churches that fall into error. And as we will see, this is serious error.

Should we as Baptists ignore the restrictions made by our Lord and Master? NO! When we hold to the restrictions placed upon the Lord’s Supper by our Master, we are defending the "faith which was once delivered to the saints" Jude 3.

The Lord’s Supper is rigidly restricted and I will show this in the following facts:

IT IS RESTRICTED AS TO PLACE

A. I Corinthians 11:18 says, "When ye come together in the church." This does not mean the church building; they had none. In other words, when the church assembles. The supper is to be observed by the church, in church capacity. Again this does not mean the church house. Ekklesia, the Greek word for church, means assembly. "When ye come together in the church," is when the church assembles.

B. When we say church we mean an assembly of properly baptized believers. Acts 2:41-42: "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."

The church is made up of saved people who are baptized by immersion. In the Bible, belief precedes baptism. That’s the Bible way.

Acts 8:12-13, "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done."

When we say properly baptized, we mean immersed. No unbeliever should take the Lord’s supper, and no non-immersed believer should take the supper. Those who are sprinkled are not baptized and cannot receive the supper. The Greek word for baptize is baptizo, and it always means to immerse.

"In every case where communion is referred to, or where it may possibly have been administered, the believers had been baptized Acts 2:42; 8:12; 8:38; 10:47; 6:14-15; 18:8; 20:7. Baptism comes before communion, just as repentance and faith precede baptism".

C. The Lord’s Supper is for baptized believers in church capacity: "When ye come together in the church," again not a building, but the assembly of the properly baptized believers.

D. The fact that the Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, to be observed in church capacity, is pointed out by the fact that it is for those who have been immersed and added to the fellowship of the church.

E. The Lord’s Supper is never spoken of in connection with individuals. When it is referred to, it is only referred to in reference to baptized believers in local church capacity I Cor. 11:20-26).

I want to quote Dr. W.W. Hamilton,

"The individual administration of the ordinance has no Bible warrant and is a relic of Romanism. The Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, and anything which goes beyond or comes short of this fails for want of scriptural example or command".

“The practice of taking a little communion kit to hospitals, nursing homes, etc. is unscriptural and does not follow the scriptural example.”

IT IS RESTRICTED TO A UNITED CHURCH

A. The Bible in I Cor. 11:18 is very strong in condemning divisions around the Lord’s table. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
      19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
      20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

There were no less than four divisions in the Corinthian church.
      I Cor. 1:12: "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ."

Because of these divisions, it was impossible for them to scripturally eat the Lord’s Supper. Division in the local church is reason to hold off observing the Lord’s Supper. But there are also other reasons to forego taking the Lord’s Supper. If there is gross sin in the membership we do not take it. Here is scriptural evidence for this: 1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
      8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
      10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

B. At this point, I want to ask these questions: Are there not doctrinal divisions among the many denominations? Is it not our doctrinal differences that cause us to be separate religious bodies?

IT IS RESTRICTED BY DOCTRINE

A. Those in the early church at Jerusalem who partook "continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine" Acts 2:42. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

B. Those that do not hold to apostolic truth are not to partake. This means there is to be discipline in the local body. How can you discipline those who do not belong to the local body? You can’t. The clear command of scripture is to withdraw fellowship from those who are not doctrinally sound.

II Thes 3:6: "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us."
      Rom. 16:17: "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."
      To commune together means to have the same doctrine.
      II Thes. 2:15: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
      II John 10-11: "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

C. Some Baptists in our day have watered down this doctrine by practicing what they call “Close Communion.” By this they mean that they believe that members of another Baptist church may take communion with us because they are of the same beliefs. Once again, this is unscriptural.

The welcome to the Lord's Table should not be extended beyond the discipline of the local church. When we take the Lord’s Supper there is supposed to be no gross sin among us and no divisions among us. We have no idea of the spiritual condition of another church’s members. If there is sin or division in the case of this other church’s members, we have no way of knowing it. We cannot discipline them because they are not members of our church. This is why we practice “Closed” communion, meaning it is restricted solely to our church membership. 
      So then, in closing I would like to reiterate the three different ideas concerning the Lord’s Supper and who is to take it. 
      Closed Communion = Only members of a single local church. 
      Close Communion = Members of like faith and order may partake. 
      Open Communion = If you claim to be a Christian, or simply attending the service, you may partake. 
      It is no small thing to attempt to change that which was implemented by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 
      Mt. 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 
      Many of our Baptist churches have a real need to consider the gravity of the act of observing The Lord’s Supper. It is not a light thing that is to be taken casually or without regard to the spiritual condition of ourselves or our church.
      1Co. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Revelation Bible Study.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Brethren,

We are currently studying the prophecies of the Old Testament that give us detailed information concerning the 1000 Year Reign of Christ, the Millenium, as depicted in Revelation 20:4-7.

All of your comments, thoughts, and questions are welcomed and appreciated. We will be studying 19 passages in the Old Testament that correlate with Revelation 20:4-7. These 19 passages (or lessons), are listed in my September 13, 2015 post in this thread. Each passage is considered one lesson for this study.

God bless all  of you.

Alan

September 7, 2016 update 

Salyan,

Thank you for the break on the Revelation chapter 19-22 study. We do appreciate the break in order to relfect on all that was written.

I am ready to continue the study. We can either continue on the last lesson, Revelation 22:16 & 17, or I can upload the next lesson, Revelation 22:18 and 19. I have no personal preferance.

Thank you.

Reagrds,

Alan

Edited by Alan
September 7, 2016 update (written in blue)

looking forward to the study again. I'm in prayer that all will go well and many will be blessed.

Kindly thanking you brother Alan for taking of your time to share Gods Word with all of us whom hunger in our hearts for Gods Word.

God bless brother.

Salyan,

I have just finished the lesson on Revelation 22: 20 & 21, "Surely I come quickly, your friend, Jesus." This is also the last lesson in the Revelation chapter 19-22 study.

If you would like for me to incorporate it into the previous lesson, Revelation 22:18 & 19, and then just have one last complete lesson, that is fine with me. As before, I have no personal preferance.

Regards,

Alan

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Salyan,

Thank you for allowing the posting of the final lesson in the Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study. I do appreciate it very much.

Moderators,

Thank you for your help involved in the moderating of the lessons in the Revelation studies.

Brethren,

Thank you (for the most part), for the fine discussions, ideas, spirit, questions, and thoughts brought out throughout the study. It is my hope that the study was a blessing to you as it was to me. During the discussions I learned quite a bit, the questions made me think a little bit harder,  and I appreciated the fellowship.

Alan

John 81

I understand the question and am not sure how to answer. For the most part the discussions in the Revelation was beneficial and helpful to all concerned. But, due to the contentious spirit of just a few men (three unamed men at this juncture),they were able to derail the study for awhile until I was able to finish and allowed to upload the final lesson.   

You will notice in the last lesson, specifically, Revelation 22:18 & 19, that there is a severe warning to those who change: (1) any of the prophecies of the Book of Revelation, and; (2) any of the words of the book of Revelation and/or the scriptures. Both of these severe warnings would undoutedly cause some contentions on the thread due to individuals, in my opinion, violating these warnings, due to their changing of the doctrines contained in the Book of Revelation. And, that some of the brethren here on OnLine Baptist do not use the KJV in their churches but use the NASV or the NIV. Some of the brethren are not convinced that God did preserve His word. Maybe, just maybe, that was the reason for locking the thread.

The above are my own thoughts and I cannot speak for others: nor for the actions of the moderators. Nor do I want to debate, nor even discuss, the actions of the moderators. The actions of the moderators were appropriate.

If you, or any other of the brethren, would like to have a different thread to discuss the last lesson, or maybe ask your questions on this thread, and the moderators deem it ok, than I would happy to coninue the discussion. I did mention in the Revelation thread though (to Covenanter), that I would not debate, nor argue, in the Revelation thread, or in any other thread. I also mentioned to one of the other brethren that I normally will discuss a particular issue only twice; after the second time I drop the issue as it normally turns into an arugument after that.

HappyChristian and eswarden

Thank you for enjoying the last lesson on Revelation. I am glad it was a blessing to you and am encouraged by your, 'like.'

Any of the brethren have any thoughts on this matter?

Alan

• Moderators

How are we supposed to discuss the final lesson if the thread is locked?

I was the one who unlocked the thread long enough for the brief conclusion to be posted. Other mods were aware of my action, it was not done behind their backs. The reason I re-locked was simple -- I did not originally lock it and am not going to leave it open thus countermanding another mod's decision. Doing so would have been rude to the mod and stepping out of place.

I was the one who unlocked the thread long enough for the brief conclusion to be posted. Other mods were aware of my action, it was not done behind their backs. The reason I re-locked was simple -- I did not originally lock it and am not going to leave it open thus countermanding another mod's decision. Doing so would have been rude to the mod and stepping out of place.

Thank you, that makes sense.

HappyChristian,

Thank you for your advice. I am sure that all of us appreciate it very much.

Brethren,

Right now I am at our new church computer in a different city from my personal computer. Unless I am re-directed by a moderator, in a little over three hours I will be able to start the new thread for comments, discussions, and questions concerning the Revelation thread; primarily the last lesson, Revelation 22:18-21. 

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

John Young,

We appreciate you liking the study. If there are any particular comments that stand out and you think would be a blessing to the other readers, please comment on them. Part of this lesson will be to edify and encourage one another so that all of us can realize the blessing of eternity.

Alan

• Members

A  book I recommend that shows how the modern versions take away, and change the meaning of verses is, "Look What's Missing"  by David W Daniels

you are correct,... A person who embraces or teaches false teaching is not in agreement with God, and is therefore, not walking with Him.

A  book I recommend that shows how the modern versions take away, and change the meaning of verses is, "Look What's Missing"  by David W Daniels

you are correct,... A person who embraces or teaches false teaching is not in agreement with God, and is therefore, not walking with Him.

The book, "Look What's Missing," by David W. Daniels is an excellent book on the deceitfulness of these these modern versions. It is an easy to be understood book and written for the layman in mind. I would heartedly recommend it to all of the brethren. It is available by Chick Publications and if you go to the following link to Chick Publications you can browse through the book before you purchase it. http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/excerpts/1271_ex.asp

Standing Firm in Christ,

Thank you very much for bringing the book, "Look What's Missing," to our attention. We do appreciate it very much.

Alan

Edited by Alan

Brethren,

I received a private message requesting discussing two items that I wrote about:

1. "The first three chapters are the history of 7 churches that John the Apostle knew about. These 7 churches represent the 7 different types of churches in the church Age and they represent the 7 different ages of the Church Age."

I did not go into any detail concerning this comment as it did not pertain to main points of Revelation 21:18-21. The above statement is a very broad statement and is not considered doctrine in any sense of the word. So, there is much differences of opinion within the independent Baptist ranks.  I purposely did not explain myself very much. If any of the brethren want to expound on this statement, comment on it, or let my know why they would not say such a thing, and you feel it is worthwhile to discuss the issue, than please do so.

2.  “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”

The false prophets, false ministers, false teachers, and the translators of these false bibles, are to receive the harshest punishments possible. These punishments are plainly listed and need little comment.

1. The plagues written in the Book of Revelation will be increased.

2. They will not be able to partake of the Tree of Life.

3. They will not be able to partake of the Water of Life.

4. They will not be able to Reign with Christ in His 1000 Year Reign. Revelation 20:4-6

5. They will not be with God on the earth for eternity. Revelation 21:3

2 Peter 2:9, “The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.”

The above statement could you some clarification.

Evidently, there are some people who use the above verses to prove, or insinuate, that a person could lose their salvation due to the above sin of, "adding or taking away," from God's word.

The scriptures are very clear. Once a person is saved, that person is eternally secure in Christ Jesus. In the scriptures, when God says we have, everlasting life," that is exactly what He means. A saved person cannot lose his/her salvation and is "sealed" by the Holy Spirit the moment of salvation until the redemption of the body when Jesus comes. Ephesians 4:30, "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed until the day of redemption." 

I also want to remind the reader what I previously wrote in Psalm 12:6-8, “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.” In the sight of God, the translators who tamper the written scriptures are, "wicked," and "vile." They are not saved nor where they ever saved. "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." Psalm 9:17

Rebecca said something in the Laodicea thread that is applicable to these translators (false prophets):

Of course Alan believes the Bible is our final authority! It's quite obvious by the context that the sentence is talking about the churches today who disregard God's Word, it is not their final authority. Alan is correct, in this day and age more and more churches are laying aside the Bible in favor of books written by man. Once upon a time, the Bible was revered, it was considered holy, and it was treated as such by those in the churches throughout the world. But, in this day and age the Bible is offensive even to some of those in the church so they disregard it or change it to suit their warped beliefs. If the churches truly loved the Word of God, there would not be so many perverted bibles on the market today, the people of God would be too terrified to change God's holy words. But they're not scared, not even a tad bit worried. And that's because they don't believe the Bible is the very Word of God, to them it's just a book.

These translators have no fear of God nor of the Judgment of God.

2 Peter chapter 2 is primarily a chapter about false prophets. Please also note that in the last statement I quoted 2 Peter 2:9 “The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.” God, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, told us that the false prophets are, "unjust." They are not, "justified," they are unjust and still in their sins. The false prophets were never saved; just like the multitude of false prophets in our age. They say they are saved and know how to talk like a Christian but in the sight of God they are, "unjust."

In conclusion, I also previously mentioned one of the root causes of the problem with these translators (false prophets), is that they lack spiritual discernment. Like the Mormons and the J.W.'s they are the blind leading the blind. Matthew 15:10-14; 1 Corinthians 2:14; 1 John 4:1 and Romans 8:9, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

I hope that I clarified my position. If there are any of the brethren who would like to add their own comments than please do so.

Alan

Edited by Alan
phraseology wrong

• 1 month later...

Rebecca said something in the Laodicea thread that is applicable to these translators (false prophets):

These translators have no fear of God nor of the Judgment of God.

2 Peter chapter 2 is primarily a chapter about false prophets. Please also note that in the last statement I quoted 2 Peter 2:9 “The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.” God, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, told us that the false prophets are, "unjust." They are not, "justified," they are unjust and still in their sins. The false prophets were never saved; just like the multitude of false prophets in our age. They say they are saved and know how to talk like a Christian but in the sight of God they are, "unjust."

In conclusion, I also previously mentioned one of the root causes of the problem with these translators (false prophets), is that they lack spiritual discernment. Like the Mormons and the J.W.'s they are the blind leading the blind. Matthew 15:10-14; 1 Corinthians 2:14; 1 John 4:1 and Romans 8:9, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

I hope that I clarified my position. If there are any of the brethren who would like to add their own comments than please do so.

Alan

The truths of scripture are spiritually discerned. I highly suspect that many of these "scholars" are working from a head-knowledge only of scripture.  Whenever man uses human reasoning to understand and explain the things of God, it will be perverted, hence the reason there are so many cults. 

Mat_7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There is coming a day when many deceived people who thought they were serving God will realize they were never in the fold. I suspect that is where those penalties will come into play. 

• 3 weeks later...

Genevanpreacher,

I asked the following questions in my Revelation chapter 19-22 Study, lesson number 3, Millennial Reign of Christ, Revelation 20:3-6 lesson that you, nor Covenanter, nor Invicta refuted, denied, or even questioned. All of the following verses are literal prophecies that will be literally fulfilled in Revelation 20:3-6. Some of the references have been updated to reflect the current issues involved.

All of the verses listed below are literal promises yet to be fulfilled. None of them has been fulfilled as of this date. They were not fulfilled after the Babylonian captivity, the Resurrection of Christ, 70 A.D., at no time either literally or symbolically fulfilled in the church Age, and none of them is given to the church in any fashion.

Lesson # 1: Isaiah 9:6 tells us there will be no end to the Kingdom. The Kingdom will continue throughout eternity.

Lesson # 2: Isaiah chapter 11 the animal kingdom will be changed among other physical blessings.

Lesson # 3: Isaiah 24:23 After the horrific happenings listed in Isaiah 24:1-22 the, “... LORD of hosts shall reign in Mt Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”

Lesson # 4: Isaiah chapter 35 tells us of the great physical blessings in the Millennium.

Lesson # 5: Isaiah 30:18-26 Please look carefully at verse 20, 21, and 26. None of these has been fulfilled yet.

Lesson # 6: Isaiah chapter 60 tells us that the Lord will not only restore the nation of Israel but He will glorify the nation of Israel. Isaiah 60:12, “For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yes, those nations shall be utterly wasted.” May I at this juncture remind the Saved Gentiles that the church did not, ‘replace,’ Israel, but the Saved Gentiles are, ‘grafted,’ into the nation of Israel. Romans 11

Lesson # 7: Isaiah 65:17-25 tells us of the increase of longevity and, ‘... the wolf and the lamb shall feed together...’ see also Zechariah 8:1-8

Lesson # 8: Ezekiel chapter 47 tells us further great physical changes and blessings.

Lesson # 9: Hosea 3:5 David will be King over Israel.

Lesson # 10: Micah 4:1-7 tells us all nations will come to the Millennial Temple.

Lesson # 11: Zechariah chapter 3 the LORD will take away the filthy garments of the Joshua the High priest in order to serve, ‘... my servant the BRANCH.’ The, BRANCH,’ is the Lord Jesus as KING.

Lesson # 12: Zechariah 8:21-23 tells us of the restoration of the Jew to international prominence.

Lesson # 13: Zechariah 9:10 tells us how far the dominion will cover.

Lesson # 14: Zechariah 12:9-14 tell how the Jews will mourn for the previous unbelief.

Lesson # 15: Zechariah chapter 14:4-11 and 16-21 tells us of changes of the land and the nations.

Lesson # 16: Joel 3:18; 2:24-26

Lesson # 17: Amos 9:13

Lesson # 18: Isaiah 55:12 & 13

Lesson # 19: Psalm 67:6

Alan

Note: In order to make sure we all know which lesson we are on, on August 4, 2016, I added the Lesson #'s: highlighted in blue.

Alan

Edited by Alan
"symbolicly" to "symbolically" "have" to "has" (2 times) "are' to "is" a.d. to A.D.On August 4, 2016 I added the Lesson #'s in blue

• 6 months later...
On ‎2015‎年‎9‎月‎13‎日 at 8:06 PM, Alan said:

Genevanpreacher,

I asked the following questions in my Revelation chapter 19-22 Study, lesson number 3, Millennial Reign of Christ, Revelation 20:3-6 lesson that you, nor Covenanter, nor Invicta refuted, denied, or even questioned. All of the following verses are literal prophecies that will be literally fulfilled in Revelation 20:3-6. Some of the references have been updated to reflect the current issues involved.

All of the verses listed below are literal promises yet to be fulfilled. None of them have been fulfilled as of this date. They were not fulfilled after the Babylonian captivity, the Resurrection of Christ, 70 a.d., at no time either literally or symbolicly fulfilled in the church Age, and none of them are given to the church in any fashion.

Isaiah 9:6 tells us there will be no end to the Kingdom. The Kingdom will continue throughout eternity.

Isaiah chapter 11 the animal kingdom will be changed among other physical blessings.

Isaiah 24:23 After the horrific happenings listed in Isaiah 24:1-22 the, “... LORD of hosts shall reign in Mt Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.”

Isaiah chapter 35 tells us of the great physical blessings in the Millennium.

Isaiah 30:18-26 Please look carefully at verse 20, 21, and 26. None of these have been fulfilled yet.

Isaiah chapter 60 tells us that the Lord will not only restore the nation of Israel but He will glorify the nation of Israel. Isaiah 60:12, “For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yes, those nations shall be utterly wasted.” May I at this juncture remind the Saved Gentiles that the church did not, ‘replace,’ Israel, but the Saved Gentiles are, ‘grafted,’ into the nation of Israel. Romans 11

Isaiah 65:17-25 tells us of the increase of longevity and, ‘... the wolf and the lamb shall feed together...’ see also Zechariah 8:1-8

Ezekiel chapter 47 tells us further great physical changes and blessings.

Hosea 3:5 David will be King over Israel.

Micah 4:1-7 tells us all nations will come to the Millennial Temple.

Zechariah chapter 3 the LORD will take away the filthy garments of the Joshua the High priest in order to serve, ‘... my servant the BRANCH.’ The, BRANCH,’ is the Lord Jesus as KING.

Zechariah 8:21-23 tells us of the restoration of the Jew to international prominence.

Zechariah 9:10 tells us how far the dominion will cover.

Zechariah 12:9-14 tell how the Jews will mourn for the previous unbelief.

Zechariah chapter 14:4-11 and 16-21 tells us of changes of the land and the nations.

Joel 3:18; 2:24-26

Amos 9:13

Isaiah 55:12 & 13

Psalm 67:6

Alan

Brethren,

Quite a bit of time has elasped since I posted the aforementioned prophetic promises given to the nation of Israel by the Old Testament prophets that will be literally fulfilled during the literal 1000 year of Christ as revealed in Revelation 20:3-6.

None of the above promises given to Israel have been  fulfilled yet in any manner nor has been, 'disannulled,' by anything written in the New Testament. "And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect." Galatians 3:17

Since none of the aforementioned brethren have not been able to refute the above promises, and after waiting since September 13, 2015, I have concluded that they (minus Covenanter; although he could have responded before he was banned a second time), are either unwilling, or unable, to refute the truthfulness of the above promises.

Therefore, as I am still waiting,  :bored:  I thought a nice relaxing song would help us pass the time. Hope you enjoy the song, by the Cleveland Baptist Church, "Jesus is coming Again."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrwh6hsdXuk

God bless!

Alan

Thank you, brother Alan for the hymn "Jesus is coming again".   I especially like the stanza: 

"May be morning, may be noon,
May be evening and may be soon!"

:amen:

What a wonderful comfort the blessed hope is! I am so blessed to have brothers and sisters in Christ who speak often about this as we wait in eager anticipation for Jesus.  I never tire of reciting Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". Never tire of the assurance that Jesus has delivered us from the wrath to come and we are told to wait for Him in 1 Thes. 1:10 "And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come". 

I can fully understand how we groan within ourselves waiting for the rapture and the receiving of our incorruptible glorified bodies which will be as His own (1 John 3:2)!!! I will be so glad to shed this corruptible evil body wherein dwelled sin. I know we can't fully (or even partially) comprehend how wonderful it will be to reside in bodies without any sin nature at all...(1 Cor. 2:9, 1 Cor. 13:12), but I do love to try to contemplate how glorious it will be.

Romans 8:23 "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."   I believe the Holy Spirit has put within us that fervent desire to be shed of these bodies born in sin, and the strong desire to be with Jesus... even to be in His perfect holy presence... the one who loves us so much that He willingly took our sins upon Himself (and He Himself never sinned)... what an incomparable gift. It's so hard to comprehend why anyone wouldn't want to accept Jesus! I so long to be in His presence, in an acceptable, sinless, glorified, incorruptible body. And because Jesus' righteousness was imputed upon us when we accepted and believed upon Him, we will spend eternity with the Lord!!! 

God's word tells us in 1 Thes 4:18 to "comfort one another with these words" (and what a true comfort it is!): verses 16-17: "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.".

More comfort is found in 1 Cor. 15:51-53 "51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

My own thoughts on this is that it is the devil is who attacks the pre-trib rapture, he causes some to doubt, and steal the comfort of these verses. It's clear to me that God told us to "comfort one another" with these words for a very good reason. One could find no comfort in going through the tribulation. What would be comforting about that? The tribulation has two-fold purpose: the wrath of God on an evil and UNBELIEVING world.(2 Thes. 2:10-12, Rev. 6:16-17 et al). And the time of Jacob's (Israel) trouble, to bring 1/3 through to the end to belief in Christ as their Messiah! (Jer. 30:7, Zech 13:9, Zech 12:10, et al). We (saved during the age of grace) would serve no purpose during the tribulation.    I also have to disagree with those who claim a "post-trib" or "mid-trib" position even, because when Jesus (the lamb) is the one breaking the seals Himself (as only He is worthy to do)... it IS the wrath of the Lamb, the wrath of God... and the Bible clearly does not support a believer in the age of grace going through the wrath of God! Yes we will have trials and tribulation during our lifetimes (and I can attest to that!) We can go through mankind's wrathful things as well. But we are NOT appointed to God's wrath! (1 Thes. 5:9, 1 Thes. 1:10, et al). So with that quick summary, I again offer comfort (as we are told to comfort one another) in the soon rapture, the glorious appearing of the great God and our savior Jesus! The blessed hope! Soon... I believe VERY soon we will meet our precious and wonderful Lord Jesus in the air!  Maranatha! :clap:

P.S. Please forgive my long post.... I LOVE to think about, dwell upon, rest assured in, and comfort other with the blessed hope in Jesus :bible:

Amen! I agree, and find comfort, with every word. :thumb:

4 hours ago, Ronda said:

My own thoughts on this is that it is the devil is who attacks the pre-trib rapture, he causes some to doubt, and steal the comfort of these verses. It's clear to me that God told us to "comfort one another" with these words for a very good reason. One could find no comfort in going through the tribulation. What would be comforting about that? The tribulation has two-fold purpose: the wrath of God on an evil and UNBELIEVING world.(2 Thes. 2:10-12, Rev. 6:16-17 et al). And the time of Jacob's (Israel) trouble, to bring 1/3 through to the end to belief in Christ as their Messiah! (Jer. 30:7Zech 13:9, Zech 12:10, et al). We (saved during the age of grace) would serve no purpose during the tribulation.    I also have to disagree with those who claim a "post-trib" or "mid-trib" position even, because when Jesus (the lamb) is the one breaking the seals Himself (as only He is worthy to do)... it IS the wrath of the Lamb, the wrath of God... and the Bible clearly does not support a believer in the age of grace going through the wrath of God! Yes we will have trials and tribulation during our lifetimes (and I can attest to that!) We can go through mankind's wrathful things as well. But we are NOT appointed to God's wrath! (1 Thes. 5:9, 1 Thes. 1:10, et al). So with that quick summary, I again offer comfort (as we are told to comfort one another) in the soon rapture, the glorious appearing of the great God and our savior Jesus! The blessed hope! Soon... I believe VERY soon we will meet our precious and wonderful Lord Jesus in the air!  Maranatha! :clap:

Amen!

I find great comfort in knowing that I will not go through the Tribulation Period. The complete 7 years of the Tribulation period is a time of the wrath of God, and the Lamb, upon the face of this earth. :goodpost: