• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chrome

Pastor Matt

• Members

I'm just saying I agree. Chrome's spell checker is nowhere near as good as Fire fox's... (though I am not sure what being a geek has to do with that sentence ;-) )

And Suzy, I would if I could but I can't. 12 years of Private Christian school, and all I got was a reliance on autocorrect in Word. Without it, I'd be up a creek.

Them you were saying, the main reason you still have Firefox is because its spell check is better, OK, I understand now.

I notice on Foxfire's spell check, you could spell could like this it would not catch it.

I do the same with would, I spell if like this woudl and it would miss it to.

I'm very good at misplacing the l & d on those 2 words.

And that is my main problem in spelling, getting the letters in the wrong place. There are a few more words that Firefox would not catch.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm just saying I agree. Chrome's spell checker is nowhere near as good as Fire fox's... (though I am not sure what being a geek has to do with that sentence ;-) )

And Suzy, I would if I could but I can't. 12 years of Private Christian school, and all I got was a reliance on autocorrect in Word. Without it, I'd be up a creek.

you must be younger than me. I graduated without computers.. didn't start using the computer til 1996 (the year I graduated).

• Members

It's still somewhat incompatible with a lot of websites like Hotmail (as far as I heard), but keep in mind it's still a beta and did you know that Firefox and Opera are incompatible with a lot of websites too on their own? The reason they still work is because the browser has built in scripts that fix those broken websites. The problem is that a lot of major websites are just made broken by design, and good browsers have to have hacks included that fix them. Chrome just doesn't have those hacks yet.

• Members
It's still somewhat incompatible with a lot of websites like Hotmail (as far as I heard)' date=' but keep in mind it's still a beta and did you know that Firefox and Opera are incompatible with a lot of websites too on their own? The reason they still work is because the browser has built in scripts that fix those broken websites. The problem is that a lot of major websites are just made broken by design, and good browsers have to have hacks included that fix them. Chrome just doesn't have those hacks yet.[/quote']

Right, and Firefox has an add on that will let you view web sites in IE. I had a couple of web sites I went to that I used that feature rather than change web browsers.

For anyone who want it, here is the web site, it works real good.

http://ietab.mozdev.org/

Perhaps Chrome will have something like that in the future.

Another add on I like for Firefox was Colorful Tabs 3.4, they worked great/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1368

• Members

That's so true, the browser doesn't take up so much space on the monitor, so you actually have more useable space to view the web page.

I remember I used to like some of the tool bars that were offered, but I soon realized they took up to much useable space so I got rid of them.

I hope they don't load it down as the others have.

• Members

I have a friend who downloaded it when it first came out. He likes it better than any other browser he's used it. He's a MS user and ranks Chrome as the fastest, followed by Safari. He's a really techy guy and owns his own networking, internet hosting business and manages his dad's company servers, which run on Linux.

• Members
Right, and Firefox has an add on that will let you view web sites in IE. I had a couple of web sites I went to that I used that feature rather than change web browsers.

For anyone who want it, here is the web site, it works real good.

http://ietab.mozdev.org/

Perhaps Chrome will have something like that in the future.

Well, like you said it's an add-on rather than an official solution. The browser makers would much rather have websites work in their native renderer. Using IE in a Firefox tab opens up Firefox to all of IE's security problems.

My husband said he installed Chrome on several computers at the request of people he worked for and it crashed every computer he put it on. He said he knew it would be bad, but not that bad. Firefox still wins haha.

• Members
My husband said he installed Chrome on several computers at the request of people he worked for and it crashed every computer he put it on. He said he knew it would be bad' date=' but not that bad. Firefox still wins haha.[/quote']

Hasn't crashed my computer, its worked just great, except for a bit of problem with copy & paste. Thi is the 1st I have heard of it causing computer to crash.

It loads much faster than Firefox.