• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chrome

Pastor Matt

• Administrators

I agree dwayner7, the source is open so if anything was there it could be found very easily. On the other hand, the code for IE is not open.

Jerry#, I agree that the spell check for Opera is a little weak. It was one of the only things I did not like about Opera. The spell check on Chrome is nicely integrated with your text areas.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I can't believe that since my husband is in IT that I haven't heard of this. To me, chrome is a colour and chroming is sniffing paint to get high...

Anyhow, I doubt we'll try it as my husband swears by firefox lol.

Haha I can't believe that since my husband is in IT that I haven't heard of this. To me, chrome is a colour and chroming is sniffing paint to get high...

Anyhow, I doubt we'll try it as my husband swears by firefox lol.

Vince told me about it a day before anyone said anything here on OB. :cool

Oh I'm sure Jordan knows about it, he just didn't tell me about it, or if he did, it was when I was busy running after the boys and he didn't have my full attention...lol.

Oh I'm sure Jordan knows about it' date=' he just didn't tell me about it, or if he did, it was when I was busy running after the boys and he didn't have my full attention...lol.[/quote']

Yep, I know how it is... it's hard to pay attention to all that geek stuff sometimes. :Bleh

• Members

[quote="KJB_Princess"][quote="MrsW"]Oh I'm sure Jordan knows about it, he just didn't tell me about it, or if he did, it was when I was busy running after the boys and he didn't have my full attention...lol.[/quote]

Yep, I know how it is... it's hard to pay attention to all that geek stuff sometimes. :Bleh[/quote]
Its a woman's place to always find interesting what their husbands are telling them.

:hide
[size=60]Yes, I'm kidding[/size]

• Members

I downloaded Chrome but can't figure a few things out yet (only spent two minutes between doing kids) so I dunno, we'll see. My husband likes Opera...I have tried various ones but still keep coming back to IE just because its always faster to do what I'm used to. Although I do switch to Opera occasionally if IE is lagging on a website.

• Members

I just downloaded Chrome and came here, it sure is a strange looking critter.

Oh, I see it has a spell check built in, that's nice. :tum Being as my spelling nor typing is all that grand. :tum

Sure take a bit to get use to it. It seemed to load fairly fast. I don't care for the blue color.

• Members

I'm using it now. The bookmarks are a little weird, but I suppose I could get used to it. I can't get the right click to work properly on http://BytheFireplace.com, but it also doesn't work on FF, Opera and Safari. It does seem to be fast, and much less buggy than IE8 and FF3 (I uninstalled both within minutes of installing them they were so bad).

It seems to have borrowed nice things from several browsers. It has the "Paste and Go" option when pasting an address into the addressbar, like Opera. It has the spellchecker like Firefox. Safari completely redraws the page, in an attempt to make them look more Mac-like, so I'm not seeing the similarities much.

But, I'm not sure I see anything worth making me switch from IE7.