• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chrome

Pastor Matt

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The part I like about it is the multi-process structure under the hood (kind of like but better than IE7/8) and the new javascript engine. As for day to day use though, I'll stick to Opera as my main browser and Firefox for backup for now.

The rendering is essentially the same as Safari so if it looks good there, it will look good in Chrome, but you'll still have to test websites you build that use advanced javascript because that part is different.

• Administrators

I really like the new JavaScript engine too.

So far it seems like the lightest and fastest browser. It is not a memory hog like FF.
Memory use for me now is:
FF is using 150,240K
IE 58,020K
Chrome only uses 30,176K

So far, I give it a 7 out of 10. With extensions it should be a 10 for me.

Edit: Man, this browser is fast.

• Members

Do you suppose this browser is a new method for Goodle to collect information on the sites that people visit, we all know that information is very vaulabe to Googles business.

I've been trying Opera 9.52 off and on for a few days, I dislike the spell check, spell check for Firefox works much easier.

• Members

Given that the browser is completely open source, if there was any indiscretions, the good people of the software world would find them. I do not think this is a google phish. btw, I like it... alot. clean, simple and the front page is a great feature. As is the "application" feature where you can pull out a page and make it its own mini-browser based app.

• Members
Given that the browser is completely open source' date=' if there was any indiscretions, the good people of the software world would find them. I do not think this is a google phish. btw, I like it... alot. clean, simple and the front page is a great feature. As is the "application" feature where you can pull out a page and make it its own mini-browser based app.[/quote']

SharePoint Lite?