• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Hello all! Before I tell you all about me, I suppose I should take the time to actually explain why I'm here.

Over at Glenn Beck's The Blaze website, I have an account (going by the same moniker). Yesterday, another member called TheSword and I got into a little debate pertaining to evolution and the age of the earth and this debate continued on until today. At the end, TheSword was kind enough to invite me to this forum presumedly to become a little more active in religious-based conversations as he/she (rightly) felt this would be a more appropriate venue for that sort of discussion.

About me: I was raised as a fundamentalist Southern Baptist from birth, seeing as my family has always been quite active in the church. Nothing negative has ever happened to me in church or my family and I love both groups of people for raising me the way they did, but in around February of 2013, after a couple of months of skeptical inquiry, I came to the conclusion that I lacked a belief in any gods. I won't go into the exact detailed reasons I rejected my god belief (I'm sure that'll come later in dedicated threads), but I will say it's something I'm fairly quiet about in my personal life. As far as I know, my family is unaware and only a handful of my friends have I felt comfortable enough to let know. I still live with my parents (I'm pretty young, but I won't give an exact date in the interest of privacy) so I guess you could say I'm waiting until I'm out of their presence to come out and admit I no longer believe in any gods.

Anyways, that's me! Nothing much special, just a curious guy who likes to have conversations with people so I can understand what they believe and why. I hope to get to know all of you and I hope my presence doesn't serve as a source of discomfort considering I am, in most senses of the word, an outsider.

Good day all :) 

• Members

Welcome, Prof. I'm a little surprised you took me up on my offer. Most people don't and usually are pretty unkind about it. I'm happy to continue our conversation during the week (I try not to get on here too much on the weekend so I can focus on my family). I always appreciate civil engagement so again, glad you're here.

• Members

I thoroughly enjoy discussing the reality of knowing God with those who reject Him with the cheap excuse of "He hasn't given me any good evidence to make me believe Him" or stuff like that.   With the fundamental background boasted of in the OP, I'm sure the author is aware that he is named specifically in the Bible as a fool.  Now apparently, this fool thinks he is a very good fool, a nice guy full of love and understanding and open to the opinions of others...except of course to the possibility that he is in reality a FOOL.  Atheists will either bristle at that moniker, or put on a good show of letting it roll off their back like water on a duck...but there is always a spark of fire in their soul that tells them the fire of Hell is real, and they come to sites like this thinking they can defeat any argument which might prove them wrong.   The more they can defeat such arguments, the more they bolster their pride in preparation for proving to themselves that Hell has no fire and there is no punishment in death.  I have yet to encounter an atheist who can carry on a discussion about their beliefs without resorting to a myriad of insults.   I have called the atheist a fool as the Bible does for good reason.   The atheist may call me a fool for believing God or whatever, but that's as far as the name calling should go in the discussion.   In Proverbs, we are told to depart from fools when they prove themselves to be fools...I think that means when they prove they are stubborn and will not listen, just give it up and drop the argument.   I think they prove this stubbornness when they resort to insults in desperation of proving they are exempt from eternal death in Hell.   When they resort to personal attacks rather than discussion of their beliefs, it is a waste of time.   There is a verse about admonishing a fool two or three times before giving up on them.  It's sad, but many people are simply bound and determined to prove to themselves that they are exempt from Hell; and Hell enlarged itself making more room for more fools.  "Scare tactic, scare tactic, you only want my tithe" they will whine...the fact that God Himself took there death to purchase their life with His own blood is a joke to the fool until He awakens in the fire of Hell, and finds all of his nicety and goodness useless...but it sure is nice when an atheist can be a nice and good citizen of the world and get along with everybody.   Christians would never be burned at the stake or beheaded if all atheists were so nice as the OP atheist here.  If they were all as nice as this guy, surely the whole world would unite to stamp out oppressions of fascism, communism, Islam, and Hinduism's caste society, Satanism, witchcraft, Masonry, Wicca all would be gone with their evils abolished, and we would have heavenly life on earth as much as it is humanly possible...oh yeah, I forgot, that's the promise of the coming world dictator

Edited by Saintnow

• Members

Do you see how your reaction is what I predicted it would be?  I didn't realize you are so young until after I read your post more carefully.  It's hard to tell any maturity level in atheists by looking at their belief.  I had actually guessed you as older since you seem to be focused on being a nice guy, but I am not surprised to see you are young.   The phrasing you use of "I lack a belief in any gods" is very modernistic and I have seen it used by some very nasty people whose age would lead a person to expect more civil conduct.

Several of these modernistic phrasings are used by atheist, promoted and pushed through all kinds of cultural media in a concerted brainwashing from Hell as Satan seeks to devour as many people as he can before he is forever stopped from spreading his hatred of God.

The atheistic belief is childish because in reality it is a temper tantrum against God.    In the atheistic temper tantrum, the believer denies that he deserves to die for the things he has done wrong.  Atheists will run all kinds of circles trying to deny that they deserve to die this very moment simply because they love their pride and whatever sin they are indulging in.  They know that if they believe Jesus is God and risen from the dead offering them forgiveness for causing Him to pay for their crimes against God, they will have to renounce their pride and turn against their sin and it's pleasures and this will probably be a dividing line with all of their old friends and acquaintances. 

• Members

doesn't an atheist have to believe in God not to believe in Him

Yes, but they won't admit it.  Everybody believes in God and they know exactly who they are referring to when they say things like "The Unknown God", or "The Great Spirit", or "gods" (they use this as a direct insult against God to say He is nobody special).  God never gives anybody any excuse for not believing in Him.  They make up their own excuses as they go along, and those excuses are never good enough to get rid of God...something always brings Him back to mind...atheists are always haunted by fear and their life's goal is to strengthen their pride enough to justify their love of death.

• Members

Welcome, Prof. I'm a little surprised you took me up on my offer. Most people don't and usually are pretty unkind about it. I'm happy to continue our conversation during the week (I try not to get on here too much on the weekend so I can focus on my family). I always appreciate civil engagement so again, glad you're here.

He's trying to work up the nerve to come out of the closet as an atheist in the circles of his fundamental upbringing.  The devil probably got a grip on him through dungeons and dragons or Pokémon or something like that.  He's coming here to try to prepare himself for dropping the bomb of his atheism on his fundamental family and friends, trying to get his arguments ready.  It's really sad to see a youngster exercising themselves for a life of pride ending in the fire of Hell, doing all they can to strengthen themselves.....the Bible says evildoers will wax worse and worse and I think most of us here have seen enough of the progressive hardening or heart in self-destructive pride to feel sorry for the rebels who don't care about the wrath of God against their sin.

Edited by Saintnow