• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Problem with Quoting

• Members

I have a Acer Chromebook (Google OS)that I've used to visit OLB for the past couple of years which has done fine until lately, but now I'm having a problem when I try to quote to a post.

I'll try to explain whats happening, in the Soul winning Form I started a Topic and when I have tried to Quote to Miss Rosie I'm seeing her post appear twice and brother Dan's(NN) post once(NN Said) alone with Her's, I've tried to quote to brother Dan's Post (Miss Rosie's appears with NN) and it does the same thing.when I try quote it appears that the one whom I"m trying quoting to is quoting to me (Miss Rosie : Said ) (NN Said) very confusing.

This happened in another topic in which this occurred and it appeared I was using ill intent toward another poster when I tried to quote. (which was very confusing trying to explain because I wasn't seeing the post repeated on my pc)

I would like to reply to my brothers and sisters in the Lord by using Quote, because it notifies them,   but I will not because I do not want  It to appear as I'm using a ill intent toward them.

Praying this can be resolved 

God Bless  

• Members

I have a Acer Chromebook (Google OS)that I've used to visit OLB for the past couple of years which has done fine until lately, but now I'm having a problem when I try to quote to a post.

I'll try to explain whats happening, in the Soul winning Form I started a Topic and when I have tried to Quote to Miss Rosie I'm seeing her post appear twice and brother Dan's(NN) post once(NN Said) alone with Her's, I've tried to quote to brother Dan's Post (Miss Rosie's appears with NN) and it does the same thing.when I try quote it appears that the one whom I"m trying quoting to is quoting to me (Miss Rosie : Said ) (NN Said) very confusing.

This happened in another topic in which this occurred and it appeared I was using ill intent toward another poster when I tried to quote. (which was very confusing trying to explain because I wasn't seeing the post repeated on my pc)

I would like to reply to my brothers and sisters in the Lord by using Quote, because it notifies them,   but I will not because I do not want  It to appear as I'm using a ill intent toward them.

Praying this can be resolved 

God Bless  

Bro. Smith,

When you quote someone, in the lower left-hand corner of their post, are you using the + icon to quote with, or are you using the word Quote to quote with? The + icon is used to quote more than one person's post, and the word Quote is used just to quote one person's post.

So, let's say you were reading a thread, and you wanted to quote 3 different people in one single post from you. On each post that you wanted to quote, you would click on the + icon. After you have finished clicking the + icons that you wanted to respond to, you would then click on the box in the lower right hand corner of your screen that says Quote 3 posts. That will insert all 3 quotes into your reply, and you can respond to all 3 quotes in one single post.

If you just want to quote one person at a time, just click the word Quote.

If you already knew all of this, and that's what you've been doing already...I apologize.

• Members

Bro. Smith,

When you quote someone, in the lower left-hand corner of their post, are you using the + icon to quote with, or are you using the word Quote to quote with? The + icon is used to quote more than one person's post, and the word Quote is used just to quote one person's post.

So, let's say you were reading a thread, and you wanted to quote 3 different people in one single post from you. On each post that you wanted to quote, you would click on the + icon. After you have finished clicking the + icons that you wanted to respond to, you would then click on the box in the lower right hand corner of your screen that says Quote 3 posts. That will insert all 3 quotes into your reply, and you can respond to all 3 quotes in one single post.

If you just want to quote one person at a time, just click the word Quote.

If you already knew all of this, and that's what you've been doing already...I apologize.

Thank you brother I did not know this , and I think maybe that's what I've doing , this is a great help 

God bless and thank you