• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Help! Sermon Recording X 3!

• Members

I am using Sony Acid Music Studio to record my Pastors messages and convert to mp3 for storage and Wav files for CD burning.  Sunday evenings message was recorded by my backup since I was on vacation.  The Sunday evening recording is overlaid on top of Sunday School and Sunday Service messages so I hear all three messages simultaneously!  Is there a way for me to separate these three sermons that show as a single file?  

Bro. Garry

• Members

I doubt it. 

You may be able to suppress some of it as "noise" but if it is the same person in each it will be really difficult.

With the program I use it is easy to add tracks, but once added to the main track there is no way back.

Maybe a professional - but it might cost.......

• Members

Google Old Geeks , these folks will be able to help you out, take caution not read much of their post though , Just ask and read their answers back to you is best to do, theses folks are very OS smart but very worldly.

God Bless brother Garry

• Members

Most churches here use Audacity to record.  We have a line from out from our amplifier into a little device that I cannot remember the name of which acts as an input soundcard into the USB on our laptop.  This gizmo cost about $50.  

Audacity is a free download and is very good.  It doesn't come with MP3 export as they don't have the licence, but they give a link to one that links in. 

So as we already had a laptop this recording system cost us $50 approx compared with about $600 for our previous CD recorder. It is better as well as we can now edit the sound before we burn the CDs.

As to separating the  recordings, unless your program saves them separately, I cannot see how you can.  I don't think you can do that on Audacity, although I have pressed STOP instead of PAUSE one and it starts a new track and if you are not careful it will mix them when you save, I think it asks you first, but when I have done that, I have cut one track and pasted it onto the other.

Sorry I can't help you more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I am using Sony Acid Music Studio to record my Pastors messages and convert to mp3 for storage and Wav files for CD burning.  Sunday evenings message was recorded by my backup since I was on vacation.  The Sunday evening recording is overlaid on top of Sunday School and Sunday Service messages so I hear all three messages simultaneously!  Is there a way for me to separate these three sermons that show as a single file?  

Bro. Garry

Did you ever figure anything out? If not, this may be of some benefit. Though I'm not personally familiar with the software, someone I trust highly recommends it. Will it do what you want it to do? I'm not sure, but I did see this on the "Features" page of the website...

Multi-selection for delicate editions

To speed up complex audio files editing, ocenaudio includes multi-selection. With this amazing tool, you can simultaneously select different portions of an audio file and listen, edit or even apply an effect to them.

For example, if you want to normalize only the excerpts of an interview where the interviewee is talking, just select them and apply the effect.

Here's the link to the website where you can download the software... http://www.ocenaudio.com.br/

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

Thank you NN, no I still have not resolved the issue and had given it up as a lost cause.  I will look into that link you sent me!  

I am just looking at my audacity program and if you save in the native project files it saves individual tracks,  But if you export to .wav. or .mpg it merges the files.  Does your prog, do anything like that.  If you are happy with the exports you can delete the project file later.  You can edit or delete 1 second sections.