• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Freemasonary in the midst of the brethren

• Members
On 5/16/2020 at 8:18 AM, robycop3 said:

My dad became a 33rd degree mason, but after he was saved, he quietly disassociated himself from them. He told me that he had taken a vow to not divulge their secrets & therefore wouldn't, not even to my mom & I, but he warned me that one cannot be both a Christian & a devoted mason, & that he had chosen Christianity.

John Ankerberg had a series of shows that exposed many of the secrets of Freemasonry. Many of those shows, & similar ones, are available on YouTube.

My dad showed me his masonic Bible, and when I read that the real name of God included pagan demons, not good!

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 5/16/2020 at 3:27 PM, Ukulelemike said:

I have taught plenty on the Masons, though there is little presence of them in our area.

That wasnt always the case, however: from what my wife tells me, who lived here before I did, the Masons ran the police department on the local Army depot; if you weren't a mason, you didnt get hired. Later, the Mormons took over from them. Of course, they're closely associated. 

But our local Masonic lodge, like our local LDS 'church', have both shut down, so not much concern with them.

I believe Joseph Smith was a Mason, and was influenced strongly by Masonic ceremonies in creating the “Temple Initiation” in the LDS church. There are hidden camera videos of these initiations on YouTube and they Certainly resemble masonry. There is also a video from a series giving the LDS stance on many topics, one of which is freemasonry, where the church takes the stance that it is “completely compatible with the LDS church, since they believe their is truth everywhere”. 

I considered freemasonry for many years before I was saved. A mason is always on a quest for “more light”. What led me away was Psalm 27:1

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
‭‭
the key phrase I this situation being, the LORD is MY LIGHT. 

also, the writings from Albert Pike In his book Morals and Dogma about Lucifer pretty much told me all I needed to know, even as a weak Christian doctrinally speaking, I could tell that wasn’t of God. 

I think more preachers should preach against it, in line with Psalm 27 again, don’t be scared of the Masons, your light is brighter. 

• Members

I think the Masons are fairly uninfluential these days. Most of the dangerous secret societies are the ones within Universities or within the economic sector. Most people who join the Masons do it to make social connections in their area just as why some people join megachurches. Contacts.

46 minutes ago, OlBrotherDC said:

I believe Joseph Smith was a Mason, and was influenced strongly by Masonic ceremonies in creating the “Temple Initiation” in the LDS church. There are hidden camera videos of these initiations on YouTube and they Certainly resemble masonry. There is also a video from a series giving the LDS stance on many topics, one of which is freemasonry, where the church takes the stance that it is “completely compatible with the LDS church, since they believe their is truth everywhere”. 

I considered freemasonry for many years before I was saved. A mason is always on a quest for “more light”. What led me away was Psalm 27:1

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
‭‭

also, the writings from Albert Pike In his book Morals and Dogma about Lucifer pretty much told me all I needed to know, even as a weak Christian doctrinally speaking, I could tell that wasn’t of God. 

I think more preachers should preach against it, in line with Psalm 27 again, don’t be scared of the Masons, your light is brighter. 

Yes, his family were all Freemasons. The rituals of Mormonism do resemble those of Freemasonry.

• Members
On 5/30/2015 at 8:28 PM, Old-Pilgrim said:

How many times are Christians warned against the cult* of Freemasonry?

I can't remember ever hearing any warnings against Freemasonry* from the pulpit. Other than one time I travelled about 35 miles to hear a guest speaker from the other side of the world.

Any views?

Does the KJV say anything about them ,  in any way ?

Does the KJV remark how the enemy of Christ keeps multitudes (including churches) in the dark,  keeping them unaware of the enemy in their midst?   (i.e. "many antichrists",  et al ) ....  

"1 John 2:18 KJV: Little children, it is the last time: and ...
[Search domain biblehub.com/kjv/1_john/2-18.htm] https://biblehub.com/kjv/1_john/2-18.htm
Geneva Study Bible {16} {n} Little children, {17} it is the last time: {18} and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists*; whereby we know that it is the last time. (16) Now, he turns himself to little children, which nonetheless are well instructed in the sum of religion, and wills them by various reasons to shake off laziness, which is too familiar with ..."

1 John 2:18 (KJV) " even now are there many antichrists." 1 John 2:22 (KJV) "He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son." 1 John 4:3 (KJV) " this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 2 John 1:7 (KJV)

• Members
On 5/30/2015 at 8:28 PM, Old-Pilgrim said:

How many times are Christians warned against the cult of Freemasonry?

I can't remember ever hearing any warnings against Freemasonry from the pulpit. Other than one time I travelled about 35 miles to hear a guest speaker from the other side of the world.

Any views?

Tangent references found on or thru BibleHub (I think) while looking for the KJV references:   (re can someone love wickedness and love God at the same time ? )

--------------------

"January the Twelfth Two Opposites
My Daily Meditation for the Circling Year — John Henry Jowett
"If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." -- 1 JOHN ii.13-17.

No man can love two opposites any more than he can walk in contrary directions at the same time. No man can at once be mean and magnanimous, chivalrous and selfish. We cannot at the same moment dress appropriately for the arctic regions and the tropics. And we cannot wear the habits of the world and the garments of salvation. When we try to do it the result is a wretched and miserable compromise. I have seen a shopkeeper on the Sabbath day put up one shutter, out of presumed respect for the Holy Lord, and behind the shutter continue all the business of the world! That one shutter is typical of all the religion that is left when a man "loves the world" and delights in its prizes and crowns. His religion is a bit of idle ritual which is an offence unto God!

So I must make my choice. Shall I travel north or south? Which of the two opposites shall I love -- God or the world? Whichever love I choose will drive out and quench the other. And thus if I choose the love of God it will destroy every worldly passion, and the river of my affections and desires will be like "the river of water of life, clear as crystal."

----------------------

footnote: (never heard of him before today) >

"John Henry Jowett
John Henry Jowett was an influential British Protestant preacher at the turn of the nineteenth to the twentieth century who wrote books on topics related to Christian living. He has been called "The greatest preacher in the English speaking world." "

• Members

I think the reason for the large number of Southern Baptist’s becoming masons is in line with what you see in the cults of today, there is just enough truth sprinkled in to convince a lukewarm Christian that it’s ok. The main story of Freemasonry, the legend of Hiram Abiff, comes from 1 Kings 7:13, verse 14 is where the “widows son” comes from, this is basically the end of the truth in the story. The rest of masonry relies on a ritual drama where Hiram of Tyre, (not King Hiram) is killed and resurrected to eternal life which sounds dangerously close to Christ. I think any Christian should be able to see that this isn’t good. However, Christians, see that the story is “based on the Bible” (very loosely) and accept what is told to them, rather than praying and studying for themselves. 

• Members
22 hours ago, OlBrotherDC said:

‭‭

You are indeed correct about Joseph Smith, and that right there should make it clear that no Christian should be involved in free masonry!

• Moderators

There is a man named William Schnobelen, (pronounced "Shneblin"), He was a high-degree Mason in the European rite, which goes to I believe level 99. He was also a practicing witch. He did a lot of very crazy, almost fake-sounding stuff, but he seems extremely sincere-practiced vampirism, and was ordained a black bishop in the Catholic church.  He got out of it all, actually, through joining the Mormons, but as he was seeking truth, he was drawn to the KJB Bible over their other books, and was actually kicked out because it was all he would read and teach from. He got saved and left it all behind.

Sadly, he seems to have wandered a bit into some error, as he seems to have gone into the Hebrew Roots movement, but I DO believe him to be saved. 

• Members

Hebrew roots, is, of course , another false doctrine or cult, whichever one wishes to call it. It completely ignores the fact that Jesus replaced the Old Covenant with the New Covenant. The old one was with Israel alone, while the new is with all mankind.

• Members

(1) Most people on earth believe and promote and encourage false teachings,  deadly practices,  harmful directions,  every day.   

(2) Few get saved.   <at all,   and/or from the deadly practices-beliefs> .

(3) Hebrew Roots is not more deadly than other major beliefs worldwide.

(4) People can be saved regardless if they are in Hebrew Roots or one of the other beliefs.

(5) Not everyone in Hebrew Roots ignores Jesus.  (nor the New Covenant).

(6) Few anywhere,  in any belief system/ society/ culture,   follow Jesus, or believe the truth.

(7) The number of false ideas has always greatly exceeded the number of true ideas.   The whole world system continually promotes falsehoods,   dooming most of mankind,  (except for the remnant).

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Freemasons   owner  of  a  NAPA  AUTO  BUSINESS  by  our  house  1527  Carillon  St ,  Holiday,  Florida  ...  most  likely  suspects  in  setting  our  house  on  Fire .

Appearing  to  be  a  front  of  the  CIA  or  other ,,  retaliation  of  a  story  i  published  19  or  20  years  ago .

They  opened  up  shop  by  our  house  ,  and  deliberately  were  being  a  menance ,  attorney  said  they  belonged  to  the  same  fraternity  ,  I  have  written  them  a  couple  of  times  with  no  reply .

In  Clearwater  Florida ,  i  noticed  the  Tetragrammaton  on  a  top  section  of  the  building  ,  not  knowing  the  people  of  this  auto  business  was  part  of  it ,  i  slipped  a  note  under  the  door ,  no  reply .

I  am  in  CALIFORNIA  now .     

• Members
27 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Witnessed to a Freemason recently. Holy Spirit definitely did something to him, his entire demeanor changed through our interaction. 

I have witnessed to many, and have had several members of my family and my wifes family that are/were members. After they got saved...TRULY saved...they left freemasonry! Christ makes the difference.

• Members
Just now, BrotherTony said:

I have witnessed to many, and have had several members of my family and my wifes family that are/were members. After they got saved...TRULY saved...they left freemasonry! Christ makes the difference.

That’s amazing. They are honestly looking for the truth, but I feel they never get the opportunity to really “look” at it.