• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Freemasonary in the midst of the brethren

• Members

A customer/friend of mine, a black "COGIC" preacher who stops by to talk sometimes, will tell you that the black churches are full of Masons and he knows how wicked it is and how dangerous they can be. As a very young Christian, while out on visitation one night, I loaned a pamphlet to a business associate of mine. Unbeknownst to me, this associate's father was a Mason and the pamphlet ended up at the "the lodge". A few days later, I got a phone call from one of the "worshipful masters" and he was none too happy about the pamphlet. I didn't mess with the Masons anymore after that, and the pamphlet/booklet, which belonged to my Sunday School teacher, was never returned.

I was once accused of being a Mason, on this forum by someone no longer a member, wgho was looking for something to accuse me of.  I had some Egyptian art and hieroglyphs on a website advertising how I could produce bas relief and 3D art and I guess he associated that with the "all seeing eye" or whatever else the Masons use. So I decided to end that ad project, :) Egypt is a "Type of the world" anyway.

• Members

​I wonder if that was anything to do with the National scandal concerning Captain William Morgan who was murdered by some Fellow Masons for disclosing some of the Masonic Secret Practises, afterwards Masonry lost allot of its decent members. Chris Pinto of Adulam Films did three or Four excellent DVDs and a CD on the Topic of The Mystery Religion, including quite a bit about Freemasonry, Rose&Cross and Jesuit-ism, and in particular their attempts to subvert the gospel and to rule the World.

Freemasonry is pretty much a non topic in this area, most people won't discuss it, I think it is also more secretive in the UK, some people would take offence if asked if they were members, according to C Pinto old school Masonry it was a complete secret if you were even a member, I sometimes wonder if Masonry in the UK has more underground than it does in the surface.

An interesting unconfirmed report is that the UK Masons are in negotiations to rebuild Solomon's temple in Jerusalem.

​I used to work with a mason who was very secretive and all we knew about it was when he took a day off for lodge meetings.

In another department there was a mason who used to talk about it.  He was very interested in Solomon's temple, saying that Solomon was the first mason.  He asked me to join the masons but I said I couldn't as I was a christian.  He said there were a number of Christians in his lodge and even one bishop.  When I said it was a pagan religion, he said they were not a religious organisation but only existed for charity work.  When I mentioned the infamous P2 lodge who seemed to be involved in many scandals in Rome and the Vatican, he said they didn't consider P2 to be masons.  

• Members

Invicta  I think because Freemasonry is secretive it can take a lot of research to find out details about their structures, I know Chris Pinto covered mostly Scottish rite Masonary (but also many other well know Societies) because it is the most numerous and widespread mostly in the USA, He thought they were all chartered from the Lodge in England, but then he found out that there are also Lodges which got their charters From Scotland, the two don't seem to get on all that well, but I think the P2 (I think P2 is a French based brand) was also  disassociated by the English Masons, I heard a Rumour that the Italian Lodges have sided with the Asian Secret Societies against the West. Masonary is not what you would call top of the tree structure wise, I think when Masonry united with the Illuminate that Freemasonry was the more innocent party, I think it was more like a takeover, agreed upon none the less by the Masonic leaders at the time (1778 or there about) Another dark base of occult knowledge and influence is the Lucias trust which is rooted in Helena Petrovna Blavatsky's theosophy Society, and has a central Library in the basement of the UN building. For a Good overview of the whole topic and how it all relates to the Bible I would recommend Chris Pinto. 'Megiddo March to Armageddon.' is a good Documentary, he has probably done about 12 hours of good quality Documentaries in total.

http://www.adullamfilms.com/

there are some full copies on youTube by permission.

http://www.lucistrust.org/en/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_of_lucifer

Edited by Old-Pilgrim
to add

• Members

Invicta  I think because Freemasonry is secretive it can take a lot of research to find out details about their structures, I know Chris Pinto covered mostly Scottish rite Masonary (but also many other well know Societies) because it is the most numerous and widespread mostly in the USA, He thought they were all chartered from the Lodge in England, but then he found out that there are also Lodges which got their charters From Scotland, the two don't seem to get on all that well, but I think the P2 (I think P2 is a French based brand) was also  disassociated by the English Masons, I heard a Rumour that the Italian Lodges have sided with the Asian Secret Societies against the West. Masonary is not what you would call top of the tree structure wise, I think when Masonry united with the Illuminate that Freemasonry was the more innocent party, I think it was more like a takeover, agreed upon none the less by the Masonic leaders at the time (1778 or there about) Another dark base of occult knowledge and influence is the Lucias trust which is rooted in Helena Petrovna Blavatsky's theosophy Society, and has a central Library in the basement of the UN building. For a Good overview of the whole topic and how it all relates to the Bible I would recommend Chris Pinto. 'Megiddo March to Armageddon.' is a good Documentary, he has probably done about 12 hours of good quality Documentaries in total.

http://www.adullamfilms.com/

there are some full copies on youTube by permission.

http://www.lucistrust.org/en/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_of_lucifer

​Thanks Brother, I was doing some study on the llluminate a while back and found your post to be correct  and very good history lesion to follow up on the links you provided.

God Bless

• Members

The one thing I have mentioned to some friends of mine who are believers and Masons, is to get them to think about one thing: While in the lower levels, the first three, (as is my understanding, anyways), they reveal to the person the meanings behind various symbols. When they achieve the next level, they are told that the meanings are actually not what they were told, but really, they are such-and-such. Then, upon reaching the third degree, they are once again reinterpreted to them.

​Sort of, but that's not entirely accurate. The first three degrees are a continuance of a single-story arc. At each successive degree, more and different symbols are introduced. I don't recall any reinterpretation of a particular symbol. The only things that really changed in meaning were the ways in which the apron was worn and the positioning of the square and compass; but these were progressive symbols that said something of the new degree attained. What you may be thinking of is the way they explain the meaning of each symbol. For example:

"The twenty-four inch gauge is an instrument made use of by operative Masons to measure and lay out their work; but we, as Free and Accepted Masons, are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of dividing their time; it being divided into twenty-four equal parts is emblematical of the twenty-four hours of the day, which we are taught to divide into three equal parts; whereby are found eight hours for the service of God and a distressed worthy brother; eight hours for their usual vocations; and eight for refreshment and sleep."

The discerning Christian should notice several unbiblical things here, but most people who go through this don't look below the surface. It's all done verbally and nothing is allowed to be written down. So when you hear it, most think "hey, he just said we have to make time for God. That sounds good and right. Next symbol please!"

• Moderators

When I did the series on the subject, the main reference I used was "The Meaning Of Masonry: W. L. Wilmshurst:."

Wilmshurst wrote the book out of a despair over current Masons (1920's if I remember correctly) not knowing the "rich" symbolism and its meanings.

• Members

The P2 lodge was based in Rome around the Vatican, and seemed to be involved in the Murder of "God's Banker" Roberto Calvi, under Blackfriars Bridge in London and possibly Pope John Paul 1st.  The death of Calvi was first recorded as suicide.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Calvi

When I asked the Mason I worked with what degree he was, he said "Don't believe all that stuff you read about degrees."  I did read some years ago that the Duke of Kent was a 32nd degree Mason but even he would not be privy to all the secrets of the organisation.  

• 1 year later...
  • Members

My witnessing compadres Uncle was a big shot Mason who accepted Christ on his death bed.  Basically what you find out in the highest degrees is they believe that Christ and the God of the Bible are the subordinate "lower" Gods and the highest is Lucifer.   What you get is the revelation at the very highest levels that Lucifer is God the lower levels you just are taught that all other gods are subordinate gods.  But you have to learn in the lower levels before that can be reveled to you.  In the highest degrees you get the secrets and that they believe Lucifer is God.  In a way its Biblical IN THAT LUCIFER DOES LEAD THE NATIONS ASTRAY.  What is meant by that is he's in the game for certain.   Basically in my opinion its witchcraft. 

Edited by Potatochip

• Members
On 20/03/2017 at 11:59 PM, Brother Stafford said:

My father has been pretty absorbed with genealogy for the past fifty years or so and I help him with research from time to time.  Tonight, I just found out that my paternal great-grandfather, all of his brothers and several others in our paternal line were high ranking Masons out of Louisville, Kentucky.  

Thank you for that, brother.  Reading through this thread reminded me of the following:

I was passing out some tracts in a town about 30 miles from where I live (in the county of Kent, England) and I got talking to a Christian lady.  She asked me to pray for her husband who wasn't saved.  As we conversed further she told me that he was terrified of dying and had a recurring dream of the Angel of Death.  I asked her what kept him from getting saved and her reply was disturbing "He's a lawyer and a freemason; as a mason he gets a lot of business from fellow Masons.  He knows that if he got saved he would have to leave the Masons, and they would withdraw their business from him."

It seems that, having counted the cost of being a disciple of Christ, he wasn't prepared to pay it.

• Members
On 6/3/2015 at 8:53 PM, DaveW said:

Joseph Smith was kicked out of the Masons apparently.

Maybe that is why there are many similarities?????

What is your source about Joseph Smith be kicked out of the Masons?

The third LDS President John Taylor (who was one of the two men in jail with Joseph and Hyrum when they were killed) was reportedly a master mason himself, and in his writings he claimed Joseph and his Brother Hyrum were masons in good standing at the time they died.

There is also a very famous portrait of Brigham Young with him wearing a mason pin on his shirt. The LDS church managed to photoshop it off in all official church pictures and publications.

You are absolutely correct about Joseph and the Freemason similarities in Mormonism. Most of the similarities are hidden away and kept secret in the LDS temples.

As an ex Mormon I found the post on page two of this thread where he mentions Lucifer being the secrect superior God interesting. The reason being that in the creation video of the initiatory before you receive your endowment in the LDS temple ceremony, their is subtle comment made by Satan to a Christian preacher that implies he himself is God.