• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

So my son's school offering a curriculum by his school. It by an organization called com ittee for children. they say it is a very successful material. Successful on what? believe it is offered in alot of public schools.

I never liked teaching kid from material from organizations (hence why I am an INDEPENDENT baptist). I feel the teaching should be done by the heart from the teacher herself - even if she developed a method herself. I feel that she should deal with each child individually and not by materials written by some popular organization. It help shape the child individually.

Teaching from a very popular organized materials make me think of communism. you are teaching people to think and act alike (think rick warren).

but anyway, here one article I found about the founders (even if isn't written by the founders, it still apply because she agree with it):

http://www.jenniferjames.com/forum/pres ... ionism.htm

p.s. I really hope I can pull him out of that school and put him in a private christian school. but my biggest fear about christian schools is that they might discipline him without my permission. I rather do the discipline.

• Members

I am careful on how to put this so please take this as a friend giving advice.

A good curriculum does not make one a communist or even on par with Rick Warren. Teachers making up their own curriculum is a recipe for complete disaster. It is that mentality that gives so many home schoolers a bad name. Children need an education. A basic curriculum has been around for 100's of years.

• Members

I do think teachers need to know what they are doing as far as general education (math, english, etc.) .

But as far as teaching them social and spiritual skills should come from the bible taught with love by teachers and parents alike. not some organization.

This isn't a regular curriculum. This is a anger management, anti-bully, D.A.R.E-like curriculum. That's what I am talking about. I wasn't thinking about general education at all.