• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Palindrome

• Members

"Did" you know that King "Tut" could have been a "nun"? Only problem was his "Mom" and "Pop" wouldn't allow him to go against the basic "tenet" of their belief that the "noon" day sun was their god. Well, he was a boy, and a "nun" is female...so there was that problem of the "sexes". Just think, all this happened while he was just a "tot" wearing a "pull-up". I promise that I'm not a "kook".

• Members

I can't believe you Palindrome lovers were silent during your week last week!  All last weeks dates were Palindromes!  51015, 51115, 51215, 51315, 51415, 51515, 51615, 51715, 51815, and 51915.  You guys have had your 9 days and were silent?!

Bro. Garry

​Sorry but we are English & use the date format ddmmyy - 10515, etc

• Members

Alas! Methinketh that a few of us lack understanding in scheme of Palindromes!

Therefore, a few of us, me includeth, shall, "Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto knowledge." Proverbs 22:17

I am praying for understanding, but, Alas! woe is me! it has not arrived yet!

Until the time of understandeth the world of Palindromes cometh upon the mind of thy servant, I must hear the words of the wise and apply myself unto knowledge when (if ever!), it cometh.

Edited by Alan
further insight

• Members

I can't believe you Palindrome lovers were silent during your week last week!  All last weeks dates were Palindromes!  51015, 51115, 51215, 51315, 51415, 51515, 51615, 51715, 51815, and 51915.  You guys have had your 9 days and were silent?!

Bro. Garry

​I pointed this out to my wife.

Having home schooled our sons I know of palindromes. Our youngest son was fascinated by them when I first taught that to him. For a long while he was looking for, and finding them, very often. Even now that he's grown he will still mention such when he notices it.

• Members

Alas! Methinketh that a few of us lack understanding in scheme of Palindromes!

Therefore, a few of us, me includeth, shall, "Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto knowledge." Proverbs 22:17

I am praying for understanding, but, Alas! woe is me! it has not arrived yet!

Until the time of understandeth the world of Palindromes cometh upon the mind of thy servant, I must hear the words of the wise and apply myself unto knowledge when (if ever!), it cometh.

​:nuts:

Bro. Alan,

Simply put, a palindrome is a word, numbers, or phrase that reads the same frontwards or backwards; such as...if you spell "Dad", it's the same either way.

Sit on a potato pan Otis!

That's one that was pointed out to me the other day. If you start at the last letter in the sentence and work your way to the first letter of the sentence, it will read the same.

Hence, DaveW's use of the name "Hannah", Covenanter's sentences, my words in quotations, Bro. Garry's dates, and the answer to the original post's question...when asked if I knew what a palindrome was, I answered, "Huh?"...the answer "huh" is a palindrome. :thumb:

• Moderators

Though not a palindrome, there is a promise in the Word of God that is the same promise forward and backward found in Hebrews 13:5 ------------

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

thee forsake nor thee leave never will I

:D