• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Soulwinning Teens and Young people

• Members

​​We often minister specifically to the younger audience.  Went to Hill Cumorah last summer to preach to the Mor(m)ons, and had a very good experience with their teens.  If you preach to them right, they listen.  If they are of the Elect, they'll get Saved.  If not, at least we're working towards the Biblical mandate to establish the Christian nation. (Matthew 28:20)

I find it most important to teach them the real Bible and the real Biblical Jesus.  Not some lovey John-3:16-only nonsense.  If you get their attention, and then preach in a Godly and violent manner, with Bible in hand, to remind them that their lives are worthless and meaningless without Jesus, they won't be able to turn away.  Their parents may not like it, but so what?  For the younger children, the classic fire and brimstone works exceptionally well too!  Be sure to be graphic when telling the little ones about the torments of Hell, the fire, the demons, burning in the lake of fire.  Watch them shake with fear, then offer them the ultimate solution--Jesus!

​John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.These words of Jesus Christ are nonsense?! This borders on blasphemy. Jesus never scared people into getting saved. He usually sat them down and taught them in a loving way(as He was doing with Nicodemus when Jesus said those words you dislike) because love is not nonsense. Jesus did not die on the cross because He hated sin. He died on the cross because He loved us so much He was willing to become sin for us

• Members

Li Bai Jia,

Thank you very much for comments about John 3:16 and the fresh air of how a soul winner should conduct himself, or herself, when witnessing.

For those who know my testimony, John 3:16, was foremost on my mind on the day I trusted in Christ as my Saviour. And, the conduct of the individual who gave me the salvation tract that led to my salvation was also on my mind. Because that soul winner had a sincere concern for me I trusted in Christ about three months later after reading the gosple tract and John 3:16 in the New Testament Bible I was given.

"For the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient."  2 Timothy 2:24

• Members

So much wrong with the attitudes coming from a certain poster. The second time he has openly critisised Biblical things, and now he promotes "talking down" to youth because they " must " "see you as their better".

That was never Paul's way.

Paul called not to think more highly of ourselves than we ought.

What can we expect from one who sees nothing wrong with taking an attribute that belongs to God alone and using as a title of self pride?

• Members

I was a youth pastor for many years yet I constantly remember back to my first youth class there where six teens three of them being my own children, we began that day to build a ministry together with each one becoming a disciple to go out into the world to reach the lost teens and within a short time we had grown to 16 with 4 new teens trusting in Jesus as their savior, we grew from 16 to 24 and from 24 to 30 within a year and eventually each one trusting in Jesus as their Lord and Savior at this time the youth out numbered the adults in the church and I had some of the adults ask how I did this , my answer was I didn't the Lord did I was just his Servant with a heart full of his love and I taught that same love to those young adults and how to share it ( the Gospel) with the lost.

A year later the church hired a new pastor that begin to make a lot of changes within the church me being one of the changes, he told me that I didn't have enough schooling to lead the youth as their pastor and he was hiring a new youth pastor (I had never been paid nor ask to be payed and would have turned it down if offered it)the new youth leader was a young lady right out of school and all she new  to do was entertain them , the new pastor begin to sit in on the Sunday morning class more less shut me out ,that's when the lord called me out of the church to Minister elsewhere. shortly after leaving I saw some of the youth I had once taught and they told me that the church had lost all of the young adults because of how the new pastor was acting toward them with anger and bitterness. it's hard to give all of the details because it still pains my heart that this happen, Today I'm working with many of these young adults building a New Ministry to reach the many lost teens here and I'm taking it back to where It first begin " the Love of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savoir '' 

for over 25 years I've ministered to the youth but never in a violent manner nor used any of those ways if I had I would have only driving them away losing them for ever being and unfaith and useless servant to Jesus my lord and savior.

• Members

John 3:16"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.These words of Jesus Christ are nonsense?! This borders on blasphemy. Jesus never scared people into getting saved. He usually sat them down and taught them in a loving way(as He was doing with Nicodemus when Jesus said those words you dislike) because love is not nonsense. Jesus did not die on the cross because He hated sin. He died on the cross because He loved us so much He was willing to become sin for us

​I said, "John-3:16-only nonsense".  Read what's written and don't put words in my mouth.  As a true Christian, I follow all of the Bible, in context.  I don't pick and chose which verses to follow and which to ignore!  Likewise in preaching, I preach the whole Bible, not just the lovey-dovey parts.

Regarding John 3:16, and how "love preachers" often take it out of context:

John 3:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Notice how it says "loved", as in past tense.  Not "loves" (or "loveth"),  but "loved".

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Here, pay attention to the word "might".  Might, as in, maybe, possibly-hopefully.  That the world might be saved.  Not "may be saved."  Not "will be saved". 

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And now this is the context of John 3:16!  Believers are not condemned.  Satanists (which is anyone who's not a true Christian, e.g. unbelievers) are condemned ALREADY!  Present tense.

So how can anyone claim Biblical honesty by push the John 3:16 "love gospel" while ignoring its context or the real message contained within it?  How can one claim honesty when telling heathens that Jesus "loves them" (Ps 5:5), in the context of John 3:16, when it fact this verse says that He loved the world-in the past-but in the present most of them are condemned?

Well, I believe in true Biblical preaching.  So I don't mince words or misrepresent what the Bible says.  I don't make any excuses for any violence or unpleasantness in the Bible.  I preach it, as it is!  Praise the Lord!

• Members

So much wrong with the attitudes coming from a certain poster. The second time he has openly critisised Biblical things, and now he promotes "talking down" to youth because they " must " "see you as their better".

That was never Paul's way.

Paul called not to think more highly of ourselves than we ought.

What can we expect from one who sees nothing wrong with taking an attribute that belongs to God alone and using as a title of self pride?

You need to stop your personal attacks on me.  I have not criticized any Biblical things.  I'm a true Christian, I follow ALL of the Bible, without any interpretationism to make it fit what somebody likes.  Nowhere does the Bible command a single style of preaching.  Nowhere that I know of, it commands us to imitate Paul.  It does command us to go and spread the Word, to baptize nations, and to establish Christian rule everywhere.  Matthew 28:19-20

So in my church, and in few affiliated churches, we preach in the way that works, in the way that brings them in and gets them to listen.  We will stand there, in the manner of the great Pastor Cal Smith, and tell heathens that "Jesus HATES them" (Ps. 5:5, Rom 1), but never without telling them that "it doesn't have to be this way"! 

• Members

So how can anyone claim Biblical honesty by push the John 3:16 "love gospel" while ignoring its context or the real message contained within it?  How can one claim honesty when telling heathens that Jesus "loves them" (Ps 5:5), in the context of John 3:16, when it fact this verse says that He loved the world-in the past-but in the present most of them are condemned?

In the "past", most of them were also condemned.

So in my church, and in few affiliated churches, we preach in the way that works, in the way that brings them in and gets them to listen.  We will stand there, in the manner of the great Pastor Cal Smith, and tell heathens that "Jesus HATES them" (Ps. 5:5, Rom 1), but never without telling them that "it doesn't have to be this way"!

A lot of what you say sounds Westboro Baptist-ish. Are you affiliated with them? ​​​

• Members

In the "past", most of them were also condemned.

Agreed.

A lot of what you say sounds Westboro Baptist-ish. Are you affiliated with them? ​​​

​No.  We are very much in opposition to the Hellsboro clan.  Even clashed with them once--verbally, not violently--at one of their protests against our soldiers.

• Members

You do not follow all the Bible as you have shown by your doctrine, and you have already on at least two occasions criticised bible terms, calling them ridiculous or such terms.

I have not personally attacked you - I have pointed out a few points about your character and teaching.

I also advised you that this board is anti-calvinistic, and although a moderator told you to stop promoting it you continue to do so.

If you don't like these things, then I guess you are out of luck,  because I and others will continue to point out your error and false teaching.

• Members

You do not follow all the Bible as you have shown by your doctrine, and you have already on at least two occasions criticised bible terms, calling them ridiculous or such terms.

​I've done no such thing, as I pointed out in my reply above.  I suggest you work on your reading comprehension skills, hopefully it will help you understand the full meaning of the Bible as well.

• Members

Oh no a Calvinism debate lol.   I run into this on the streets lol.  Not often but I do.  Also the Arminian debate.  To clear myself up I am neither Calvinist or Arminian.   I believe in Jesus that once your saved.  You are always saved.  Not getting into things with people here.  Just make things clear things in regards to myself.  

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

@DaveW

No, you're the one lying.  I'm not sure for what purpose.  What I posted is up there, for anyone to see.  Nowhere did I say that the Bible or true Biblical doctrines are ridiculous.  You and a cohort of yours made that up.

But yeah, preaching only John 3:16, without even giving a thought to its full meaning, and out of context is ridiculous.  As well as claiming that soulwinning is a Biblical term based on a contextually obscure OT verse.  Or do you believe that King David was talking about his evangelical ministry in Pro. 11:30 ?

Edited by RevBob

• Members

@DaveW

No, you're the one lying.  I'm not sure for what purpose.  What I posted is up there, for anyone to see.  Nowhere did I say that the Bible or true Biblical doctrines are ridiculous.  You and a cohort of yours made that up.

But yeah, preaching only John 3:16, without even giving a thought to its full meaning, and out of context is ridiculous.  As well as claiming that soulwinning is a Biblical term based on a contextually obscure OT verse.  Or do you believe that King David was talking about his evangelical ministry in Pro. 11:30 ?

​Unless a term is contrary to Scripture there is little point in arguing over terminology. Some argue all day over the fact neither trinity or rapture are in Scripture yet they are common terms used by Christians. When the term "soul winning" is used here everyone understands it means sharing the Gospel with the lost and it's the work of the Holy Ghost to actually "win" a lost soul to Christ.

While the term "soul winning" might not be understood by the lost, those here recognize its meaning.

There are indeed those who will take a verse such as John 3:16 and build the case God loves everyone, God is all love, God therefore loves us no matter what and His love will make sure everyone goes to heaven...well, except maybe Hitler (they always think Hitler deserves hell but not themselves!).

This is why we must not focus upon one verse but the whole Word of God. God is love but He's also a God of justice. God loves to reward people but He also punishes people when necessary. We have to see, and accept, every aspect of God rather than pick and choose at our convenience. Jesus is Lord and Saviour, not just Saviour, but also Lord; sadly this is often left out.

We need to avoid unprofitable battles among ourselves and we need to take the Gospel to the lost and preach the whole Word of God to all we can.