• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tragedy

John81

• Members

All we can do is try our best to do our part of it right as you pointed out. The rest is up to the child, they have their own free will and will make their own decisions.

But you will even find Christians who will flat out say when a child goes the wrong way its the parents fault, those who say this don't have no understanding whatsoever.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

John, ive been away from the computer and missed this till now. I am soo sorry. I have witnessed these things a few times in my career. it was easier in a small town believe it or not, have a lot of level headed people around here that will intervene and stop the nonsense (most the time).

I hope im not overstating or repeating but have you called the CLA or the Center for Law and Justice (I think thats what its called). Sounds like some social workers need lined out.

I was turned in years ago when I spanked my son in the front yard. Lucky for me, Oregon has a resonable force law that applies to discipline of children and the investigation stopped before it got started.

Im praying for you Brother.

As I am reading all of this...it just amazes me the rights that children have in society. Abuse is one thing, but discipline is another. My goodness, discipline is Biblical...as we know. There are so many social workers (who sometimes don't have children of their own), and then...of course, 696-KIDS. Can we get a "hotline" for parents? Maybe, 696-RENTS? I dunno? Well, the government has duped us into believing that children can cause such a commotion in society...and get away with it. We have to worry about adult criminals...and, then kids are causing problems?

I was under the impression for a long time...that OH was a state that was interested in persecuting parents for the needed discipline for their children. Well, many years ago I found out that OH has no law forbidding "Corporal Punishment" for children at home or at school. Interesting.

Deputydog, brings up a very good point. Also, John, I have the name of a Christian attorney...Terry Hamilton. Many IFB's may know of him. He specializes in this sort of thing. In fact, I have a whole booklet stating the "rights of parents" under the US Constitution. If you need the contact...please let me know, brother. God bless you and yours.

BTW, my brothers often joke that the "woodshed" did them MUCH good. They aren't psychopaths and/or criminals, either...and dad believed in NOT "sparing the rod and spoiling the child". Mom took care of me and my lil' sis. Yikes...I was too afraid of the wrath of my dad. I didn't want to face that. :eek Oh...the good ole days. LOL.

• Members

There would probably be less criminals if the government would just take a more hands-off approach to families. Parents everywhere are frightened to death that someone will think they are a bad mom and take their kids, so the kids do not get trained as they should. I go to the pediatrician's office and all the moms are sugary sweet to their kids, no matter how awful they are (one child ran from his mom, carrying a tiny newborn, and she was having to tote the infant around as she chased him). I always wonder how much of that is a show, or how many parents are really that sweet at home. Anyway....its just hard to raise kids now, and it will be harder for our children to raise their kids.

• Members

Some people think the gov't haven't done enough to protect the kids.

Like the mormon church issues. They were outrageous when the gov't gave them back to their parents.

At least they didn't take John's kids altogether. They could have. I do think they overstepped their boundary by forcing his teenage son to a public school.That should be the parent's choice, not theirs. If they wanted him in a public school they should take him away altogether if the parent are not allow to make decision for their kids. It's like punishing and grounding the parents from making decisions for the kids.

• Members
Some people think the gov't haven't done enough to protect the kids.

Like the mormon church issues. They were outrageous when the gov't gave them back to their parents.

At least they didn't take John's kids altogether. They could have. I do think they overstepped their boundary by forcing his teenage son to a public school.That should be the parent's choice, not theirs. If they wanted him in a public school they should take him away altogether if the parent are not allow to make decision for their kids. It's like punishing and grounding the parents from making decisions for the kids.

That's true....and by putting his kid in a public school it was like allowing him to snub his nose and lose further respect for his "wrong" parents. How are they supposed to work with him now that the government has basically told the son he doesn't have to obey?

• Members

The gov't became his parents while John became their doormat. (it's kinda like a parent drop their kids off to live with their grandparents and expect the grandparents use their money to feed and shelter the kids while they still have authority. The grandparents would have no sayso to the kids)

• Administrators
All we can do is try our best to do our part of it right as you pointed out. The rest is up to the child, they have their own free will and will make their own decisions.

But you will even find Christians who will flat out say when a child goes the wrong way its the parents fault, those who say this don't have no understanding whatsoever.

Proverbs 22:6 is still in the Bible, Jerry8. Parents do share in part of the blame if the children become rebels against God.

• Members

Wow, this thread has really turned from trying to lift up and encourage a brother to casting dispersions and blame; and that from the people I thought would most likely not do that.

What gives with people? Why are we so quick to shot our wounded and to take the place of God as judge?

• Members

I agree, this is not the thread for that. Let's just keep this thread to being an encouragement, or even I don't think its so bad discussing the government, but its impossible to say "whose fault" this is when we don't even know them personally, so there's no reason to discuss "blame" whatsoever in this thread.

• Members
Wow, this thread has really turned from trying to lift up and encourage a brother to casting dispersions and blame; and that from the people I thought would most likely not do that.

What gives with people? Why are we so quick to shot our wounded and to take the place of God as judge?

Sometimes I ask questions that may seem like I am blaming him. But I am not. But I do have friends who did the same thing and I thought it could help him build a relationship with his son. I am also learning from him.

• Administrators

I was casting no blame, nor was I judging. Sorry if bringing a Bible verse into the mix was wrong. I in no way was casting aspersion on anyone.

• Members

I was casting no blame, nor was I judging. Sorry if bringing a Bible verse into the mix was wrong. I in no way was casting aspersion on anyone.

You did no wrong and have nothing to be sorry for.

When Bible verses come in along with Bible truths, even in Christians circles its not liked by some.

I did not say it was never the parents fault, I did say that many people are very quick to say its always the parents fault which is 100% wrong.

I never have enough knowledge to determine whose fault it is, I'm just a mere man, only God can know this, and I know you feel the same way.

• Administrators

You did no wrong and have nothing to be sorry for.

When Bible verses come in along with Bible truths, even in Christians circles its not liked by some.

I did not say it was never the parents fault, I did say that many people are very quick to say its always the parents fault which is 100% wrong.

I never have enough knowledge to determine whose fault it is, I'm just a mere man, only God can know this, and I know you feel the same way.
Thank you, Jerry.

When Bible verses come in along with Bible truths' date=' even in Christians circles its not liked by some.[/quote']

Isn't that the truth pastor Jerry. LOL. The Bible verses do speak for themselves, don't they?

LuAnne...ITA with Pastor Jerry. You did nothing wrong, nor should you be scoulded for it. Hey, the Bible is what it is. Isn't it? I really don't think that John will be the least bit upset, as he is such a good-natured man. Don't Worry...Be Happy. :wave: